Doskptop won't load?

Talk about mobile phones, DVDs, PCs or anything "techy"

Doskptop won't load?

Postby TheLittleMozart » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:57 pm

This just happend randomly today.. When I boot up my laptop it starts fine, put in my password for my account then click login in.

It should then go to my desktop and begin to load up however the screen just goes blank and doesn't load.. It'll flash up my deskptop for a few seconds every now and then but will just disappear again. I've left it for ages and it just won't shift from the black screen.

I will start in safe mode though.

Any ideas what's happening here or how to fix it?!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Doskptop won't load?

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:31 am

So how did the safe-mode startup work?
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:45 pm

No idea.. safe mode works fine but when I try to load my desktop normally its fucks up.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:46 pm

So when you boot on safe-mode everything works just fine and your desktop loads the way it should load?
Do you have a original windows CD-Rom? In case you do, just make backups of all the things you don't want to lose and reinstall your windows entirely.
If you don't have an original windows, I can help you with my 'pirateskills' on how to install a cracked version.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Sounds like you have an operating system issue Mo. Just to be curious, you don't happen to have windows Vista or 7 and have shared it with anyone have you? There's a booby trap in both of those where MS (the c****) can detect if someone has shared an OS and they can disable it.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Sounds like you have an operating system issue Mo. Just to be curious, you don't happen to have windows Vista or 7 and have shared it with anyone have you? There's a booby trap in both of those where MS (the ****) can detect if someone has shared an OS and they can disable it.

Nah Im the only one who uses my laptop mate.

@Zenith - Its a reconditioned laptop so I didnt get any software disks to re-boot it with. Im thinking I need to just fully wipe the thing and start from the beginning, so how could i do that without the windows disk? .......

You sound like your the man with the skills? :Peace:
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Buy one. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Herrpoja » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:58 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Sounds like you have an operating system issue Mo. Just to be curious, you don't happen to have windows Vista or 7 and have shared it with anyone have you? There's a booby trap in both of those where MS (the ****) can detect if someone has shared an OS and they can disable it.

@Zenith - Its a reconditioned laptop so I didnt get any software disks to re-boot it with. Im thinking I need to just fully wipe the thing and start from the beginning, so how could i do that without the windows disk? .......

you could just put windows in a usb and boot it from there (and install it also) or just get it on a cd
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby IMF » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Herrpoja wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:

you could just put windows in a usb and boot it from there (and install it also) or just get it on a cd

Good luck with the serial number.

Can you get to task manager by pressing ctrl+alt+delete and selecting task manager or can you do nothing?
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:14 am

IMF wrote:
Herrpoja wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:

Good luck with the serial number.

Can you get to task manager by pressing ctrl+alt+delete and selecting task manager or can you do nothing?

No chance im paying for it Yorky ;)

Nope I can do nothing and no onces every few minutes it flashes up to my desktop screen which seems to be fully loaded but then cuts back off to the black screen again.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby IMF » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:26 pm

You got any system restore points? Load up in safe mode and restore it to a point a few weeks ago when you know it was working for sure.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler

AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Nope, already tried that mate... I didnt/dont have any restore points.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:16 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:

No, if you decide to format your entire laptop, make sure you have your software on cd or usb (I prefer CD though).
Don't get me wrong, you can format system without using any cd-rom (just right click on the drive you want to format) but you won't be able to install your new windows.
Just make sure, after downloading your windows, make sure to burn it on cd using "BOOTABLE" as option. To do so, I always used CDBurnerXP - don't get confused with the name of the burning software, it supports vista/win7 aswell.
I can get you a few illegal but reliable windows links, just tell me which operation system you prefer and I will take a look on warez.

CDBurnerXP: http://cdburnerxp.se/
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby IMF » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:29 pm

There's enough torrents out there. If I saw this post when you posted it - I could've got you a legit key for any operating system but my MSDN subscription expired last month so can't do that no more.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler

AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:35 pm

IMF wrote:There's enough torrents out there. If I saw this post when you posted it - I could've got you a legit key for any operating system but my MSDN subscription expired last month so can't do that no more.

The most reliable Torrent sites (Btmon and Piratebay) are since a few weeks permanently down.
Warez > Torrent when it comes to software and its reliabilty.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to The Electronics Area