The Bendtner Thread

You're one miserable GIT Bendtner!

Postby Cheese » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:31 am

I'm not going say anything about your performance.. Although it wasn't good was it?

I do however have a problem with your miserable sulky attitude. Couldn't even go congratulate Shava for the second goal. The whole team went up to him except your sorry little arse. Instead you walked with your head down back to the halfway line.

What's all that about? Was it because he didn't pass to you even though you were open?
Well I glad he f***ing didn't otherwise we'd still be searching for the ball in row Z.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: You're one miserable GIT Bendtner!

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:32 am

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:I'm not going say anything about your performance.. Although it wasn't good was it? :lipsealed:

I do however have a problem with your miserable sulky attitude. Couldn't even go congratulate Shava for the second goal. The whole team went up to him except your sorry little arse. Instead you walked with your head down back to the halfway line.

What's all that about? Was it because he didn't pass to you even though you were open?
Well I glad he f***ing didn't otherwise we'd still be searching for the ball in row Z.

Probably felt unwelcome amidst all the screaming and ranting from his own fans

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby meridamullet » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:34 am

yeah i noticed that too, pretty poor
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:35 am

Probably depressed because deep down he knows that by not passing to him Arshavin made the right decision on the day.
It just wasn't his day.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

The Bendtner Thread

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:38 am

I wouldn't blame you.

The fans here will not give you a chance. Ever.

Score 15 goals in the first half of the next match and people will be shouting "you're shit".

Score the winner in the Champions League final, and people will be pointing to a chance you missed previous to it.

You see, as a fanbase, we Arsenal fans need a scapegoat, and regardless of how well you play, now, or in the future, there are some fans who will "reset" to type, and just slag you off simply because you are you.

We've seen it before. Senderos, Eboue, now you.

Yes, I know, it's pathetic.

It's a shame, because I for one think that you can become a good player, and I recognise that, at 21, you are still just starting out in your career.

Sadly, there are lots who dont.

It seems obvious to me that your problems in front of goal are psychological, since we have seen you slot important goals many times before. Sadly, again, many only see end product, and become part of the problem. That is of course, unless booing and ridicule spur you on.

I for one hope that you don't leave, but after this latest debarcle, as I said before, I wouldn't blame you if you did.

:doh:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: You might as well leave Nik

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:20 am

Apart from his poor finishing i think his dribbling, movement, passing, ability to keep the ball and use of the pitch this year has been brilliant.

My other half has been really slating him recently for his finishing (which is justified) but i keep pointing out the other parts to his play which have advanced suprisingly quickly.

It is funny, when i thought about how tired our forwards would be today after wednesday i said to myself "It is a good thing we have Bendtner" and while i have acknowledged his good form recently that is the first time i have truely considered him a player to make something happen and rely on.

However he does have to sort out his finishing, he has missed far too many important chances and even today should have had one or two. The thing is at this level you have to take those chances, you simply have to and i hope he can as it will be his downfall eventually if he doesn't.

If he does manage to up his conversion rate then he could end up to be a special player.

I get where you are coming from with this thread GES, and many arsenal fans do piss me off sometimes too but to be honest i don't think he will consider leaving as he seems to have the right kind of self confidence to brush it off.

The only thing i would say is that miss the kind and the amount of chances Bendtner has and almost any player would cause fans to get the hump despite other aspects but i get where you are coming from, his other contributions seem to be ignored altogether which is unfair.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:35 am

the thing is although puts in a good shift and has good work rate at times, but unfortuantly at the moment our as a team our finishing has not been very good and as a result it doesnt help that bedtner misses these chances on a plate. The fans will get angry and start to boo which i think is wrong. But you do have to understand some of the frustration. WHen they see some of the cnahnces he is gifted and should finishs it enfuriates people. I believe people would be hard pushed to watch bendy's performance and not be frustrated at not burying the chances and they are the type of peopel that say they could od better.

Though if bedntner can do what Eboue did and really try and win abck the fans he can only come out of this a better player s he can know that he can bring it to the next level. I suppose thats youth and what we have to rember he is still learning.

The guy isnt torres, messi, Henry or even that t**t Ronaldo. He wont have that good a quality of finishing but all he can do is learn and use his good team performances as a base.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Mazinho17 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:25 am

Just watched the highlights and Nik looked like a complete prat. There is no need to pass when you can do what Arshavin did. Even the commentator says "there's Bendtner saying why didn't you pass it to me, That's because you would have missed it replies Arshavin."
Quicker we get rid of Nik the better it will be for the club.
Mazinho17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rogerthornhill » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:35 am

My my such a change of tone from someone who is often so pessimistic. :grin: The tone of your post is that you aren't going to be shallow and predictable like so many other prodigal Gooners. You are able to perceive the true worth of young Nicklas while we poor deluded fools are incapable of anything more than jumping to the most obvious conclusions. You can try to "seize the moral high ground" if you want but the fact remains that Bendtner missed a hatful of really good opportunities yesterday.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby damo1583 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:55 am

Sorry guys he has had a massive run in the side and more than enough time to prove his worth. And he has failed to impress at ALL this season. Yes he is 21 and our fourth choice striker but can anyone tell me a game where he has trully stood out?????? infact most games he has been a liability and with each appearance he gets worse.........He simply has not and never will cut it as an Arsenal player, time for him to try his trade elsewhere and lets ship in a striker that will provide ample cover and competition for a starting place in a fully fit squad........
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:00 am

:sleepy2:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fordy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:20 am

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:I'm not going say anything about your performance.. Although it wasn't good was it?

is that why he got booed
Fordy

Postby arseman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:11 am

damo1583 wrote:can anyone tell me a game where he has trully stood out?????? .

Bolton away? WBA away? Even in the second leg against Roma, he & Diaby were the only ones who looked like they could make something happen.....
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Trina » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:53 am

Bendy has had some good games and he has stood out. You would think then people would give him a break, but they don't and never will. So when he misses a few chances, everyone is straight on his back.

I've said before I wouldn't mind him going and I think he will do a lot better at another club.

Because of what happened with the Arshavin goal, I don't think he has a chance in hell of not being booed when he next plays.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby left right left » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:56 am

damo1583 wrote:Sorry guys he has had a massive run in the side and more than enough time to prove his worth. And he has failed to impress at ALL this season. Yes he is 21 and our fourth choice striker but can anyone tell me a game where he has trully stood out?????? infact most games he has been a liability and with each appearance he gets worse.........He simply has not and never will cut it as an Arsenal player, time for him to try his trade elsewhere and lets ship in a striker that will provide ample cover and competition for a starting place in a fully fit squad........

i,m 100% with you on this...

i too no he is young. 4th choice... but we r now fighting for 4th place!!! not 1st but now 4th. and we all we be happy to finish 4th..

i take back what i said about him being shit... but he is no where near good enough, some one in this thread put in played well in 3 games i think....

3 games out of 3/4 of a season

i hope he leaves, and soon :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya:
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner