Arsenal Debut: Sunderland

Nicklas Bendtner
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Nicklas Bendtner

Postby MainEvent » Mon May 18, 2009 3:40 pm

For a striker his age, he has fantastic positioning but he really needs to work on his finishing. He even has some flashes of brilliant football/control but we need to see that more consistently.
MainEvent
Michael Thomas

Postby dubgooner » Wed May 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Still a back up striker next season.
dubgooner

Postby MainEvent » Thu May 21, 2009 8:25 pm

dubgooner wrote:Still a back up striker next season.

Unless he truly blossoms, but I have my doubts.
MainEvent
Michael Thomas

Postby damo1583 » Thu May 21, 2009 8:30 pm

I was one who dissed him mid season, but i was proved WRONG. Bendtner played with pride and passion even when played out of possition on the left...........

Made more senior pros look pale in comparison!!!
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Bendtner keen on new deal

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:43 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 40,00.html

NB wrote:
Bendtner keen on new deal

Gunners striker interested in commiting to North London club
By Richard Torgerson Last updated: 29th May 2009

Nicklas Bendtner has confirmed he is interested in extending his contract at Arsenal.

The Denmark international's form has come under scrutiny this campaign but he still amassed 15 goals in all competitions.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger recently announced his intention to hand Bendtner a new deal, and the 21-year-old would be eager to sign fresh terms.

He told Ekstra Bladet: "It is of course a priority of mine to prolong my contract, and I have never said anything else.

"For me it is of course sweet to receive the backing from the manager, and I hope to stay at the club for a long time."

Bendtner joined Arsenal from FC Copenhagen in 2004 and his current contract at Emirates Stadium expires in 2012

Nice to see a player being decisive about a contract.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby sarngooner » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:42 am

i dont mind bendtner he can look like a baby giraffe sometimes but i think his main problem is hes trying to buy into the arsenal passing game too much . now ive only seen him on about 6 occasions but everytime i have i cant believe the amount of times ive seen him try an extra pass or a ridiculous back heel when in a shooting position . now i know that is a problem many of our boys have but with him i dont think this extra passing is his natural game he plays like an old fashioned forward and i think hes spent too much time practising 5 a side . if he was told to shoot at every opportunity i think he could make big strides
sarngooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby dubgooner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:09 pm

He is going to be "better than Ibrahimovic", his words not mine.
dubgooner

Postby gzagee » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Bendtner signs lucrative new contract

Thursday, 20 August 2009 13:21 RC Sport
Top striker secures deal worth £2.5 million a year with English Premier League club Arsenal

National team target-man Nicklas Bendtner has extended his stay at Arsenal through to 2014, according to UK newspaper The Sun.

The 21-year-old will reportedly earn £2.5 million (21.5 million kroner) a year.

With the pre-season £25 million (216 million kroner) sale of forward Emmanuel Adebayor to Manchester City, Arsenal has given Bendtner the opportunity to prove he can be a top scorer in one of the world’s toughest football leagues.
Bendtner’s game has come alive since Adebayor’s departure. It had a challenge for head coach Arsene Wenger to fit the big lanky Dane’s unorthodox style into the starting line-up when Adebayor was playing.

Arsenal also got rid of unhappy defender Kolo Touré in the off-season, and Wenger believes he now has a ‘united’, healthy club that can win the league title.

Although Bendtner has played well of late, he did not score in Arsenal’s last two victories, a 2-0 win against Scottish side Celtic in the Champions League and a 6-1 thrashing of Premier League club Everton.

http://www.cphpost.dk/sport/120-sport/4 ... tract.html
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Hmm seems Bendys auld fella thinks otherwise. :think:

Nicklas Bendtner's father has denied the Arsenal star has agreed a three-year extension at the Emirates.

It had been speculated in the media on Thursday morning that the Denmark international had committed his future to the club.

Bendtner had reportedly added a new extension to the two years he currently has remaining that would earn him £50,000-a-week.

However, the striker's father has denied anything has been rubberstamped, although he has confirmed talks are ongoing.
Exciting

"Under no circumstances is that correct, but it sounds exciting," Thomas Bendtner told Sporten.dk.

"I could try to call Arsene Wenger to see if they've done a deal without me, but I can't imagine that would happen.

"Your guess is as good as mine," he said when asked where the story had come from. "We're negotiating and it's so far so good."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gould » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 am

im not one to get on the bendtner bandwagon i think he is an exciting player sometimes but he isnt a solid striker. i think we let eduardo go foolishly for 6mil. would of prefered him to be loaned! he is looking back in form banging in the goals! bendtners 23 time to stop expecting potential i think loan him out and if he doesnt do well i think its time to go
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Gould wrote:im not one to get on the bendtner bandwagon i think he is an exciting player sometimes but he isnt a solid striker. i think we let eduardo go foolishly for 6mil. would of prefered him to be loaned! he is looking back in form banging in the goals! bendtners 23 time to stop expecting potential i think loan him out and if he doesnt do well i think its time to go

straight swap for Dzeko? ;)
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:49 pm

th14renato wrote:Milan could try to sign Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner, who's valued at €7million by the Gunners. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Twitter
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Olivier's Twist » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:36 pm

icklas Bendtner has confirmed that there are 'serious' negotiations ongoing over his departure from Arsenal.

The striker has made it clear he does not see his future with the club, whilst Arsene Wenger and Arsenal have confirmed he does not figure in their plans.

Now the 24-year-old Denmark international is closing on his departure - with clubs in Italy, Spain, France and Germany all linked.

AC Milan are reportedly favourites, but Bendtner did not reveal who he was in talks with.

"It is not an option to stay at Arsenal, that is something neither I nor Arsenal desire," Bendtner told the Danish media.

"I am expecting that the club issue will be resolved before the transfer window is closed. There are serious negotiations going on."

The striker admitted that he already has rejected some offers, adding: "Yes, I have.

"From the start, I had three requirements. In case they are not fulfilled, I have rejected them since they are not interesting at this point."

Whilst Milan are favourites, Italian agent Francesco Di Frisco, who is one of those helping to move Bendtner, confirmed Inter Milan could also be an option.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...confirms-talks

Piss of then bye.
Olivier's Twist
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Well it's probably inevitable now that Pold and Giroud will get injured, that leaves us with our savior Chamakh. Yeah!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner