The Bendtner conundrum

Re: The Bendtner conundrum

Postby starmandb » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:11 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:He does not have a good rep here and no wonder. He has done nothing to endear himself not just to us but to fans of the sport in general and other teams in general seeing that he is a good player, who does well internationally, yet can't seem to get any higher than relegation candidate teams in terms of finding a new club.

He says that once he had his car accident he was black listed by Wenger and that he was not given a chance. Does that sound like how Wenger would operate? Is that fair? I am sure managers in the past have stuck by a player after worse than that and they have paid them back on the pitch.

Is the way he has reacted to the club just a reaction to how we did not support him? although there can be no doubt that he has come out looking the bigger **** by far when all things are considered. He is definitely the most in the wrong here, his attitude has been terrible in many respects but is it all him?

Can he rebuild his career here? Can bygones be bygones?

i don,t believe he was frozen out mate
he was on the bench 5 days after the accident coming on and scoring the last goal in the 6-2 win v blackburn
he was in or around the team for the next 6 weeks till he was out for 2 months with a hernia
he then had his best spell at club keeping us in the title 09/10 race to the end of the season
it is up to him to get his head right to make him a good squad option
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby gzagee » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:23 am

He's like sh*t to a blanket isn't he...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Zedie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:33 am

Hes always struck me as the kind of guy that expects to be taken note while not doing the graft to earn that respect. Its never too late to turn things around, but the fact that he thought he could bully the club into his way of thinking, but without ever really proving anything speaks volumes to me.

The guy actually believes that he is owed something, but hes not. He needs to f***ing sack up and get on with making himself the best that he can be and then prove his worth on the pitch instead of acting like hes a top tier striker.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby arsebandit » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:50 am

Find it hard to believe this plank is STILL on our books. Hell, I'd re-mortgage my house to buy him out
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arsebandit » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:53 am

Zedie wrote:Hes always struck me as the kind of guy that expects to be taken note while not doing the graft to earn that respect. Its never too late to turn things around, but the fact that he thought he could bully the club into his way of thinking, but without ever really proving anything speaks volumes to me.

The guy actually believes that he is owed something, but hes not. He needs to f***ing sack up and get on with making himself the best that he can be and then prove his worth on the pitch instead of acting like hes a top tier striker.

Surely the best he can be is scottish 2nd division standard... Never was & never will be good enough for ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:10 am

Zedie wrote:Hes always struck me as the kind of guy that expects to be taken note while not doing the graft to earn that respect. Its never too late to turn things around, but the fact that he thought he could bully the club into his way of thinking, but without ever really proving anything speaks volumes to me.

He needs to look at Gareth Bale as a shining example of where hard work takes you.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trina » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:20 am

I dont like his attitude at all and I dont think he will change it. Ive always got the impression he thinks he's better than he actually is. Which is why I dont think he'll put in 100%.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby elkanofan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 am

He has ability, he's agile when he wants to be, decent touch and technique, great leap and header, his eye for goal isn't too bad either.

His big problem is his arrogance. Can't help but feel he'd be as good as if not better than Edin Dzeko if he had a better attitude, he can get to that level if he learned how to become humble, worked hard and tried to learn from his mistakes rather than carry on his pathetic delusion.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 am

elkanofan wrote:He has ability, he's agile when he wants to be, decent touch and technique, great leap and header, his eye for goal isn't too bad either.

His big problem is his arrogance. Can't help but feel he'd be as good as if not better than Edin Dzeko if he had a better attitude, he can get to that level if he learned how to become humble, worked hard and tried to learn from his mistakes rather than carry on his pathetic delusion.

His biggest problem.^^^^
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:31 am

Too many football players have the minds of young teenage children, the never grow up properly because they are given too much, too young and too early!

Football for it to improve, we need to pay players much less. I keep banging on about Drogba and his success, this came down to him not being a superstar at 21/22 and having to grow up and become a man before be became professional. Live an everyday non superstar inflated wages life and know how to learn from mistakes.

Bendtner needs to grow up! Dzeko who I mentioned, again was no superstar or overhyped youngster at 19/20/21 like Bendtner. he was infact a midfielder who was put up front and stayed there because he was able to start scoring. He had that one brilliant season in 2008-09 and hasn't looked back since.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 am

I'd take him back but only if he comes with the right attitude. We've got a good team attitude/spirit with this current squad and I wouldn't want Bendtner to ruin that with his moaning. Hopefully he comes back motivated because he'd be much better backup to Giroud than Sanogo.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:18 pm

I have always been behind Bendtner and I want to see him back in the team.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:I have always been behind Bendtner and I want to see him back in the team.

x2
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:56 pm

starmandb wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:He does not have a good rep here and no wonder. He has done nothing to endear himself not just to us but to fans of the sport in general and other teams in general seeing that he is a good player, who does well internationally, yet can't seem to get any higher than relegation candidate teams in terms of finding a new club.

He says that once he had his car accident he was black listed by Wenger and that he was not given a chance. Does that sound like how Wenger would operate? Is that fair? I am sure managers in the past have stuck by a player after worse than that and they have paid them back on the pitch.

Is the way he has reacted to the club just a reaction to how we did not support him? although there can be no doubt that he has come out looking the bigger **** by far when all things are considered. He is definitely the most in the wrong here, his attitude has been terrible in many respects but is it all him?

he was on the bench 5 days after the accident coming on and scoring the last goal in the 6-2 win v blackburn
he was in or around the team for the next 6 weeks till he was out for 2 months with a hernia
he then had his best spell at club keeping us in the title 09/10 race to the end of the season

A clear sign that he was not frozen out then, I wonder what he was on about in that interview then. Unless they were not real quotes.

He is a good player, Denmark have suffered since he lost his fitness, form and place in the team. I don't understand his attitude at all though, he has wasted some good years of his career in limbo.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:

A clear sign that he was not frozen out then, I wonder what he was on about in that interview then. [B]Unless they were not real quotes.[/]B

He is a good player, Denmark have suffered since he lost his fitness, form and place in the team. I don't understand his attitude at all though, he has wasted some good years of his career in limbo.

The press love to make him sound worse than he is. Just look at the headline of the latest articles!!! He says he will do his best for the club and they make the headline sound as if he's complaining about not being allowed to leave!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner