Bendtner: Juventus train harder than Arsenal

Bendtner: Juventus train harder than Arsenal

Postby Trina » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:16 am

Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner says the training he has undertaken at Juventus has been the most effective of his career.

Bendtner, on a season-long loan to Juve from Arsenal, has made only one appearance in Serie A so far but has suggested he is content with the current situation.

"I think Juventus are aware of what I can do," he said in Ekstra Bladet. "When you come to a new club, you have to learn about things. In seven games, they have won six and drawn one, so it's fine."

Bendtner, who scored for Denmark in their 1-1 draw with Bulgaria on Friday night, maintains he can "easily" play a further 90 minutes for the national side when they head to Italy for Tuesday night's World Cup 2014 qualifier.

"At Juventus, the training has been different to - and much harder than - anything I've done before," he said. "Because of that, my form is at a peak. I'm much sharper. Without playing, I'm down to fighting weight and that's never happened before."

He is relishing the chance to play Italy at the San Siro. "Of course, it will be enjoyable to play against Italy, who have eight Juventus players in their squad," he said. "They know me and I know them, so I don't know if anyone has an advantage.

"For me, it's a battle that Denmark must win rather than a battle that Nicklas must win. I think we need to win as a team - it's not something I have to win as an individual."
Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... QYH0JWj.99
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Bendtner: Juventus train harder than Arsenal

Postby Zedie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:51 am

Good for him, I hope he's been able to prove his new found fitness during the 1 sub appearance he's made so far.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 am

Honestly, why are we talking about him? He's only an Arsenal player because no club wants him, or are willing to match his wage demands. Otherwise, he has no affiliation to Arsenal.

It's embarrassing that we're still talking about him--after all he's said. He's not a Gunner; he's only a part of Arsenal technically.

The only player I find more phony than this guy is that van persie dude whose dream was to play for Manchester United.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Maxduke » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:30 am

He didn't even mention Arsenal, he just said the training is harder than anything he's done before which isn't that bad is it?
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 am

^ It's not he's gone around saying how he loves Arsenal, now is it? His track-record is what speaks. Not anything else.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheArsenalPost » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:34 am

We should include him in a buy-one-get-one-free deal in the summer with the first player we sell.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Maxduke » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:35 am

My post wasn't directed at you, and yeah I get that he isn't loved by many here but the titles doesn't fit with what he actually said.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:52 am

If he is doing an in-direct swipe who cares ?. Nowt wrong with a bit of bitterness.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner