I deserve my £50k-a-week wage

Re: I deserve my £50k-a-week wage

Postby Maxduke » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm

I can't take anything Bendtner says serious so I just laugh at everything he says, pure genius this guy.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Quite frankly his justification for his salary is absolute b00locks and it disgusts me.

How about the traveling salesman that has to spend weeks at a time on the road away from his family and only makes in a year what you make in a week? Is his sacrifice not a valuable as you sacrificing your body and carefree lifestyle? Or the soldier that spends 18 months overseas?

Kiss my ass, professional athletes don't DESERVE the money they earn. Period.

I do not begrudge them, because it is people like you and I that willingly spend our money to watch them play a sport that gives them the opportunity to make as much as they do. But you'll never convince me that they are deserving of that much money.

Could you imagine how cheap tickets would be if we paid our athletes as much as we pay our teachers?
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:01 pm

He doesnt say anything that bad imo, quite truthful and actually read the paper article this morning which was slightly twisted to that one.

Dont see how its diff, some shops pay there staff £11K (min wage i think?) and found out another shop pays theres just under £18K, just for being a shop assistant and were not even in London.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:03 pm

A guy once said to me "anyone who says it's unjust someone earns the money they do is only saying so cos they themselves are not earning it."

As inch said if you want to point the finger, then look no further than BSkyB.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:10 pm

I was always told, "growing up" by my Grandmother you never tell anybody how much you earn in a job. It's "immoral" or "unethical" or something? :dontknow:

But when it's banded about by the tabloids anyway... Why not discuss it?
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:15 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:I was always told, "growing up" by my Grandmother you never tell anybody how much you earn in a job. It's "immoral" or "unethical" or something? :dontknow:

But when it's banded about by the tabloids anyway... Why not discuss it?

I once got told off by my grandad for being rude for asking how much my Uncle earned when i was around 10yrs old.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:22 pm

this one is for elkanofan :lol:

it's not about the money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV ... re=branded

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:53 pm

STFU bendy! Youve got young actors in the west end at the top of their game earning a fraction of what you do and they are not allowed to risk injery either. Fire fighters cant have eye surgery to correct their vision and accountants cant be bankrupt or theyre struck off. You choose the job, thems the rules :naughty:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:06 pm

No footballer should ever try to justify their wages. It can only end badly.
You're going to lose that one before you've started because no-one is going to listen and then go "Oh ok that makes it alright then."
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 pm

When Patrick Vieira lead the invincibles to Premier League glory at Shite Heart Lane how were you and every other Gooner feeling? Fuckin ecstatic, a feeling that has been hard to match, for me at least, in life.

These lads go out every week and give us something to talk about, make us feel unbridled joy, excruciating frustration and also gratitude for supporting one of the few teams that can play the game that the rest of them wish they could.

Is Cesc paid too much? I think not. He is one out of 5 billion people in the world that can do what he does and if millions want to pay to watch him do it, he should be rewarded for that. Him and the rest of the footballing elite players in the world create life long infatuations amongst young boys and girls with the beautiful game that lasts FOR LIFE!

I remember going to an Ajax game with my dad when i was a kid and after, i was lucky enough to meet the whole Champions League winning team of '95. Thats a bond me and my dad will always share till one one of us bites the dust and i dont give a shite if Jari Litmanen and co were paid £10k a week (or whatever he was on in '95!) making that happen.

If people want to get upset about the money thats flying around the game, blockade the FIFA offices worldwide. Those c*nts are absolutely shameless:

Tax evasion
Exploitation
Corruption

I cant even be arsed to go into the bullshit they've pulled. A winter World Cup in Quatar FFS?!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:08 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Zedie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Jay22 wrote:
Zedie wrote:When Patrick Vieira lead the invincibles to Premier League glory at Shite Heart Lane how were you and every other Gooner feeling? Fuckin ecstatic, a feeling that has been hard to match, for me at least, in life.

These lads go out every week and give us something to talk about, make us feel unbridled joy, excruciating frustration and also gratitude for supporting one of the few teams that can play the game that the rest of them wish they could.

Is Cesc paid too much? I think not. He is one out of 5 billion people in the world that can do what he does and if millions want to pay to watch him do it, he should be rewarded for that. Him and the rest of the footballing elite players in the world create life long infatuations amongst young boys and girls with the beautiful game that lasts FOR LIFE!

I remember going to an Ajax game with my dad when i was a kid and after, i was lucky enough to meet the whole Champions League winning team of '95. Thats a bond me and my dad will always share till one one of us bites the dust and i dont give a shite if Jari Litmanen and co were paid £10k a week (or whatever he was on in '95!) making that happen.

If people want to get upset about the money thats flying around the game, blockade the FIFA offices worldwide. Those c*nts are absolutely shameless:

Tax evasion
Exploitation
Corruption

I cant even be arsed to go into the bullshit they've pulled. A winter World Cup in Quatar FFS?!

Top post there, mate. :hail:

Cheers, it came from the soul!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:59 pm

Still doesnt justify it. Just because there is corruption in society and bent offficials in fifa doesnt change wheather 50k a week is "deserved". It is paid for purely economic reasons. The player must be worth the money to the club or they wouldnt pay so much. But it doesnt make it right. As a fan i would rather see the money from income invested in a bigger stadium or cheaper tickets. Fans HAVE to hope their club can keep up with wage and transfer demands because without that the club would fail. Doesnt mean we actually think its a good thing
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Est83 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Fair point. Would be nice to see the wages come down a tad (literally just a tad), and ticket prices come down accordingly.

Most expensive tickets in the league, hopefully that's just until the debts are nearly cleared. Then maybe we might a price freez for 5/6 years running.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Previous

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner