Nicklas on the CC and THOSE quotes.

Nicklas on the CC and THOSE quotes.

Postby Est83 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Nicklas Bendtner believes winning the Carling Cup next month could propel Arsenal to the Premier League title.

The Gunners are favourites to lift the trophy having been drawn against floundering Championship side Ipswich in the semi-finals, with the first leg at Portman Road on Wednesday night.

Progression to the final would see Arsene Wenger's men take on either West Ham or Birmingham at Wembley, where they would bid to end a six-year wait for silverware.

And Bendtner feels success in the tournament could work as a springboard to bigger prizes.

"We need to make sure we go there and keep our run going. For me, we have to get to the final of the Carling Cup," said Bendtner.

"It would be fantastic to win a trophy early on in the season and have something to show for our work already.

"Last season, Manchester United won it and went on to take the Premier League too. Let's hope we can do the same."

Start
After finding himself on the fringes of the first team again this season, 23-year-old Bendtner started Saturday's FA Cup tie against Leeds, playing the full 90 minutes.

Limited playing time had prompted the striker to make some outspoken comments on his future before Christmas which resulted in him being left out of the squad altogether, but the young Dane hopes his recent difficult spell is now behind him.

"A few things may have been interpreted not exactly the way I said them, but it is true I was disappointed because anyone who isn't playing wants to be in the team, I am no different," he said.

"But I think maybe it got talked up a little too much because I also said Arsenal is the club I have been at for a long time and remains the club where I want to play.

"I believe I am good enough to play and there have never been any talks about leaving or anything like that, it is just naturally frustrating if you are not in the side and that's the same for any player.

"All you can do as a player is be patient and keep putting yourself in the manager's mind, hopefully he then picks you. After that it is your responsibility to take the chance."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 90,00.html

Good lad, keep focused! He could make the CC his own.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Re: Nicklas on the CC and THOSE quotes.

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Some good quotes there, perfect manipulation material.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:36 pm

I was hoping this kind of interview would eventually come out.
As I've said ALL A f***ing LONG he is NOT an arrogant bastard and it annoys me that the tabloids have generated this false image of him by deliberately mistranslating his Danish interviews.

Every player wants to play, they all hate being on the bench and that's all there is to it. There is probably not a single player at the club who genuinely believes that he has a divine right to start every game.
I don't think that kind of w***er would've lasted very long with us.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:38 pm

It's accepted as truth now though. You'll hear commentators midway through games say "the boy is known for his confidence" *they laugh* "he apparently rates himself very highly".

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Est83 wrote:It's accepted as truth now though. You'll hear commentators midway through games say "the boy is known for his confidence" *they laugh* "he apparently rates himself very highly".

I know, it sickens me tbh.
I remember clearly when he missed all those chances in the Burnley game. IIRC it was shortly after the first 'mistranslated' interview had come out.
The commentators chuckled to each other and said "Ha... and this is the guy that thinks he should start every game because he's miles better than Adebayor...tut tut"

What made it even worse is that the game took place AFTER Bendy had come out on Arsenal.com and explained that the interview was shite. Those lazy f***ers just didn't bother to read it.

That's the nature of 'news' these days though. Once it's in print it's gospel apparently.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner