B52 Bomber...

B52 Bomber...

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:27 am

So yesterday, bar Clichy, IMO the Bomber was the only player who looked like he wanted to be there, he was running all over the place, and generally giving Barca a tough time when we were on the attack.

He has now scored 8 goals and had 4 assists in his last 10 games...

Now its no secret he is one of my fave players, but even he is now showing me just the striker he can be, he can score with his left, he can score with his right, he can score with his head, he can score from 2 yards out or he can score from 25 yards out.

He just reminds of an old school striker with a new age style, something about his technique, its just something i haven't really seen before :dizzy:

At 22 and in this kind of scoring form, who would put it against him to reach his target of being one of the best strikers in the League by the time he is 25?

I already think he is the best young striker in the League, and better than players like Carlton Cole, who so many people seem to want :dizzy: and Beratov who is one of the most expensive strikers ever, again :dizzy:

So he may be overconfident, i don't see it as arrogance however, just a young guy, who believes in what he can do on the pitch, i would rather have a confident striker over one who goes into his shell the moment he messes up.

Bendtner has been with us since he was 15, fought through the youth ranks, and is now one of our main strikers and one of the best International strikers in the game, never once has it been uttered that Barcelona or Real Madrid are his dream teams, its only ever been said that he is 100% Arsenal through and through and 100% up for the fight.

Lastly, I don't know about being proud losing 4-1 to the best team in the World, but i know who i am proud of, players like Bendtner, Clichy and Eboue, who just have Arsenal in their blood, and will never give up, not even when results like yesterday happen.

Losing yesterday was hard to take, and the usual worms came out following the game, ones at least i thought would have a bit more sense, i think everyone half expected me myself to go on a few rants, but even though we got shafted 4 by Messi, even though over the two legs we never looked like winning, even though everybody wrote us off to the point where it was it insulting, and even though the media backlash and arse licking over the next few days will be bad, i can't help but feel a bit warm inside, its like even though we lost, i can see just how much potential this team has to be such a dominat force.

I don't know really, its weird, i just haven't really felt as close to the team than at any other point this season, feelings like that should probably come after a truly inspiring victory, but this has done it for me.

Now onto the League, and the Spuds next, hopefully Nicky B can destroy them.

Up the Gunners!!!
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: B52 Bomber...

Postby dunkdafunk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:56 am

B52 is gonna blitz Spurs.

great show of character from him.
Shame most of the long balls to him from our keeper missed the pitch.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Q8 Gooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:59 am

This boy has it all to become a world beater..!! The attitude, hunger, desire, confidence.. he just needs to work a bit more.. B52 to destroy the filthy scums next wednesday..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goose » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:02 am

people tell me I am crazy when I say B52 is better than Betbaflop, but over the last few seasons he has outscored Betbaflop whilst playing less games.

He never gives up and is one of the reasons we have gotten so many late goals, he has also proven he is a better CF in the 4-3-3 than Eduardo or Arshavin.

When RVP returns and if Chamakh I want our forward 3 to be:

RVP - B52 - Chamakh

That would be a formidable and hardworking attack
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Dejan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:03 am

I dont like bendtner, dont mind if he get sold.
I'm just not impressed, simples.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:16 am

Dejan wrote:I dont like bendtner, dont mind if he get sold.

:shock:

What would impress you then, if he scored a billion hat-tricks in five seconds when there was a brick wall covering all possible ways of scoring, while he juggled meerkats and rollie pollied in midair blindfolded?
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:18 am

The Midfield General wrote:

What would impress you then, if he scored a billion hat-tricks in five seconds when there was a brick wall covering all possible ways of scoring, while he juggled meerkats and rollie pollied in midair blindfolded?

I still think about how much chances he fucks up every time. That he scores against barca doesnt make him a hero, or does it?
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 am

Dejan wrote:

I still think about how much chances he fucks up every time. That he scores against barca doesnt make him a hero, or does it?

No but surely the fact that he has scored 8 goals in his last 10 games whilst setting up 5 others, does?

:doh:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:40 am

He took his goal really well after a shitty cross from Walcott and a flailing save
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 am

It's no secret that I like a proper target man up front. Super Nik was brilliant last night. Shame a few others didn't match the work rate of him and Gael!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner Girl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am

He's coming into form - hopefully at the right time. I keep forgetting how young he is. Never been a big fan but he's starting to win me over this season. I don't like his arrogance but I accept all good strikers need a bit and the flip side of that us at least he cares. He showed more passion last night then most. He did well to react quickly and poke home last night after his first shot was saved.

Imagine next season if he and RVP hit form at the same time...
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:48 am

gunngunn wrote:
Dejan wrote:

No but surely the fact that he has scored 8 goals in his last 10 games whilst setting up 5 others, does?

:doh:

If u see how many chances we created then that isnt a miracle.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby niko197 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:04 am

everybody knows i'm not bendy's biggest fan but he's hot right now, he deserves some credit! if you ask me i wouldn't drop him for rvp if he was 100% ready.

good job bendy boy! :clap:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:49 am

Just imagine if we had our full strength team behind him for each of those last 10 matches too... how many would he have had we created more chances for him???

:clap:

Never been his biggest advocate, but you have to applaud the lad for what he's been recently. Just keep it rolling. As long as he's been hot I don't see that being a problem.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:08 pm

While I agree that Nick works hard and his best attributes are creating space and getting on the end of crosses with some great headers, I still don't think he should be a first choice striker for Arsenal ever, he simply doesn't have enough talent in finishing, link up play, and agility to be a good enough striker to beat teams like Barca, Mancs, Chelsea or any of the other top teams in Europe. I like his attitude and work rate but and that goes along way, I'd take him any day as a squad player, but he just doesn't have good enough on the ball skills for me. I don't care what his stats are, stats don't tell everything about a player, I watch him play every game and he can't do some of things other top strikers do, that we need him to do.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner