Bendtnermania!!

Re: Bendtnermania!!

Postby HorseMachine » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:50 am

What Bendtner gives, is that what all great strikers give. He can position himself to take shots. Most arsenal players can control the ball in the area, but their balance and positioning dictates that they'll mostly likely pass the ball or lose it trying to turn a defender. Bendtner positions himself so if he does get the ball, that balls aimed for the back of the net.

May I also start a petition that Bendtner wears an eye patch next game after that dodgy eye poke by some Hull player, he would look rather swashbuckling with it
HorseMachine
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Briggsy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:04 am

HorseMachine wrote:May I also start a petition that Bendtner wears an eye patch next game after that dodgy eye poke by some Hull player, he would look rather swashbuckling with it
are you saying you want to see Bendtners one eyed monster?
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby HorseMachine » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:51 am

Briggsy wrote:
HorseMachine wrote:May I also start a petition that Bendtner wears an eye patch next game after that dodgy eye poke by some Hull player, he would look rather swashbuckling with it
are you saying you want to see Bendtners one eyed monster?

Well he is a bit cocky already
HorseMachine
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fabby » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:10 am

Briggsy wrote:Bendtner showed why he is a striker yesterday. This season I've seen it upteen times a parried shot with no one following up the seconds. Bendtner show the instinct to follow the Denilson shot in!

Well .... the ball bounced out to him and he almost missed lol.

Useful player but Berbatov? You gotta be having a laugh Berba might be a shit Ibrah but Bendys not even a shit Berba yet.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Briggsy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:26 am

Fabby wrote:
Briggsy wrote:Bendtner showed why he is a striker yesterday. This season I've seen it upteen times a parried shot with no one following up the seconds. Bendtner show the instinct to follow the Denilson shot in!

Useful player but Berbatov? You gotta be having a laugh Berba might be a shit Ibrah but Bendys not even a shit Berba yet.

you really think that? How many goals Berbatov got this season? How many did Berbatov get last season I know Bendtner got more than him with less start Bendtner is 22 now and Berbatov is was 27-28 at the peak of his game! Give me Nic over the prick any day. Also the ball didn't bounce out to him Bendtner followed the ball in unlike the Hull defence
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabby » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:34 am

Briggsy wrote:
Fabby wrote:

you really think that? How many goals Berbatov got this season? How many did Berbatov get last season I know Bendtner got more than him with less start Bendtner is 22 now and Berbatov is was 27-28 at the peak of his game! Give me Nic over the prick any day. Also the ball didn't bounce out to him Bendtner followed the ball in unlike the Hull defence

You are right I can't argue with the facts. Berba doesn't score enough at Utd, considering they are always one of the top 2/3 in the league and the amount of supply he will get. But he isn't used right by Rednose, and he doesn't fit into Utd's system properly.

Given that, I thought in Berba's last and second last season at SHL he was sensational. I remember him scoring plenty of goals that defied beleif and his touch and awareness are f***ing fantastic. I just think someone with his presence, awareness and technical ability at the head of our attack would be devestating.

Given Bendys big, strong, fantastic positioning etc, I know its early days and I'm not complaining but I still don't really like his movement with the ball especially from deep. His decision making although better still isn't good enough and his finishings very inconsistent. Very impressed with him in the air though and he's getting dead good at holding up, but yeah I'd still have Berba for the next few year atleast.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Guardiola Effenberg
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:55 am

It's common knowledge Wenger thought about signing Barbie before he went to N17.
But Bendy is showing promise now. Still needs to sort out his feet and needs to find the ability to get the shot or pass off quickly.
I'm sure that with more games it will come.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:06 pm

BML :hail:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby IMF » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Berbatosser scored 5 goals in 31 games when he was 22. Bendtner has scored 6 in the last 5 games (or 7 in 6 if you include Internationals).
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Goose » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:52 pm

BML

This season:

Bendtner: 9 goals in 21 appearances
Berbatov: 9 goals in 33 appearances
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Briggsy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Berbatov done well at Tottenham granted, but as you've seen when a player leaves a shit team to join a big team it doesn't always work out ie Francis Jeffers and Louis Saha to name 2. You speak to any Man ure fan they will tell you he ain't good enough, and so for 30 million he is a waste of space remind how much Bendtner cost us?
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Maxduke » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:31 pm

All the Man Utd fans I speak to hate Berbatov, mainly because he's so lazy... I remember reading an article that compared Berbatov and Rooney to Garfield and Odie... It was pretty funny. :lol:
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabby » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:35 pm

OK ok ok ok I get it Bendy has scored more goals.

I'm not saying we should transfer them, swap them, etc anything like that.

I'm saying that in a hypothetical world if we had Berba uptop we'd be much better than we would with Bendy uptop. as they are now!

Berba was a waste because he doesn't fit in the team, he's f***ing lazy and sometimes just looks ordinary.

But a player who can finish inside and outside the box anywhere to about 25 yards, has a touch as good as RVP and is as strong as Bendy I can't say I'd rather have Bendtner atm. In 4 or 5 years definatley Bendy but thats then this is now, and Berba's a much better player imo.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Guardiola Effenberg
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby IMF » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Berbatosser is too lazy to get himself in the positions that Bendy does. So how would he have scored more goals? You're chatting sh*t Fabby.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Connolly55 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:15 pm

I have to admit i wasn't Bendtners biggest fan up till when he returned against Villa a few weeks back. He's good to have in the team with his aerial threat. The hat-trick against porto would have done his confidence the world of good. Also the goal yesterday was huge. 2 points dropped would have been dissapointing to say the least against a 10 man Hull side.
Connolly55
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner