Bendtnermania!!

Re: Bendtnermania!!

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:38 pm

And it is about time Arsenal fans ate some humble pie over their treatment of him.

I would do very violent things to this man if I ever met him

What an absolute classless piece of feces. Sure the odd fan here or there has a pop at Bendtner, but the vast majority of gooners (and to their credit, 99% of the crowd) have been behind him without question. It's people like COLLYMORE HIMSELF who viscously slated Bendy. Argh, makes me so angry
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockin' Robin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:09 pm

The Midfield General wrote:http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=518100

Top article there about Collywhore.

Love this comment on the article:

"He wasnt even as good a footballer as he likes to make out, 3 England caps and no goals, less than a 100 top flight goals. Darius Vassel will look back on his career with more fondness than Collymore can."
iceman10

Darius Vassel!
:rofll:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:07 pm

even people that are reluctant to give us a bit of credit must see that nic has scored some important goals in the last 3 seasons
steau bucharest
spurs
villa
liverpool everton kyiv bolton west brom[2] liverpool cc hull.
keep it up son.
the booers are starting to learn how self defeating it is ....thank god
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:15 pm

He does have a point Inch i agree too, but this may come as a shocker but i think he is right about the Emirates as well...

We were cruising against Burnley, even at 1-1, just toying with them, Theo came on banged in a goal and the result was never in doubt, that is when he missed his chances.

Had we been a goal down, it would have been a very different story, i could see 60k fans turning on him, just as they did countless times before and just as they did with Eboue.

As someone who has supported Bendtner since i first heard of him i can wholeheartidly say that less than a year ago most Gooners thought he was absolute SHIT and that most rival fans actually rated him more than we do.

I remember a Manc saying to me a season or two ago they actually rated Bendtner over Benzema, and that was when he was GOOD and not shit like he is now at Real Madrid...

I would put money on quite a few Gooners still thinking he is an absolute donkey, people on this forum still do, and there are Gooners outside of Goonersworld i know who would sell him for a packet of Monster Munch.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:51 pm

stan collymore was sitting in a talksport studio.what right does he have to pass judgement on arsenal fans.chances were missed before we went in front and allthough people were nervous because of the match situation it was generally a supportive atmosphere unlike last seasons white flag waving doom and gloom.
also heard said anyone would score with creative players like cesc ,nasri,theo and arshavin in the side well funny we drew blanks v fulham ,fenerbahce,villa,man city, cardiff, west ham ,spurs, sunderland,fulham, roma,utd champs league and league last season.many games which at same stage featured nik himself.what a shock a 22 year old forward is improving with a bit more game time and fans are learning that when you,re in the stadium a supporter does what it says on the tin.supports.
only in stans studio still exists a world where pin drop anfield is a noisey fortress.
time we stopped knocking our own and realising we have a fantastic passionate fan base.
collymore is a gob on a stick,public w***er
starmandb

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:54 pm

gunngunn wrote:I would put money on quite a few Gooners still thinking he is an absolute donkey, people on this forum still do, and there are Gooners outside of Goonersworld i know who would sell him for a packet of Monster Munch.

I still think he's a donkey. I think he'll always be a donkey. But he is effective and hard working hence a good player. There's still a big difference between a donkey (technically poor and ungraceful) and a bad player
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:06 pm

I think he has a great and very unorthadox technique that is very effective but not always pleasing on the eye.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:31 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I still think he's a donkey. I think he'll always be a donkey. But he is effective and hard working hence a good player.

Sorry but this statement contradicts itself as far as I'm concerned.
You can't be a donkey and a good player.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I still think he's a donkey. I think he'll always be a donkey. But he is effective and hard working hence a good player.

Tony Adams was :hiding: :scared:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Inchpractice wrote:

Sure you can
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:56 pm

jayantmoudgil wrote:Of all the gooners i know, 99% rate Bendy and admire his work ethics and hardwork he puts in.

Oh no, is Bendtner the new Dirk Kuyt of Arsenal?
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby dunkdafunk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:01 pm

just hope eddie can get a similar run of form, coming up to end of season.
This formation sdoesnt suit him, but he needs to adapt.

Come on Bendy keep it up till end of the season,

we have Ferguson scared now.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby northerngooner83 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Good football article on Bendtner and our Champions League chances
Ten days ago at the Emirates, Nicklas Bendtner was starring in his own horror show. All the old favourites spring to mind, 'couldn't finish his dinner,' 'worse finisher than Devon Loch' and 'couldn't score in a nightclub wearing David Beckham's head' but none of them do justice to Bendtner's ineptitude in front of goal.

Shortly before receiving the Shepherd's crook from Arsene Wenger, Bendtner missed yet another sitter, it seemed as if it was his 388th but in reality it was only his fifth. The Burnley goalkeeper, Brian Jensen was rooted to the spot and was a spectator as Bendtner had the simplest of tap ins. Once again he somehow contrived to shank it. The camera picked up a great shot of Jensen with his hands on his hips, laughing at his fellow countryman.

Jensen is one of football's nice guys - not the type to pour scorn on an opponent, a fellow Dane and friend - the laughter would have been involuntary, induced by witnessing an international footballer showing the technique and composure usually reserved for the Baldock and District Sunday League Division 6.

It was one of those rare moments when the 18 stone bloke standing next to you in the pub says, "I could've scored that" and you have to agree with him. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors but in public Arsene Wenger was quick to play down Bendtner's howlers. He took a leaf out of Jensen's book and laughed it off but you can't help wondering if he would have been so cool about it had the game finished 1-1 and the Gunners had dropped two precious points.

Wenger kept faith with his striker in Champions League against Porto and the Dane repaid him with his first ever hat-trick. He then notched in injury time against Wigan to keep Arsenal's title bid on course. What a fantastic piece of man-management by the Frenchman, what a brilliant response from the Dane, that's what wins titles and trophies.

It could have been all so different. If Bendtner had had another game from hell against the Portuguese and Arsenal had been dumped out of Europe the fingers would have been pointing firmly in Wenger's direction. The evidence would have been damning, replay after replay of Bendtner's ineptitude in front of goal against Burnley, how could anyone show such misguided faith in a striker so blatantly out of form?

That's football. And that's why Arsene Wenger is so good at what he does, he gets the big calls right. Chelsea and Real Madrid have bitten the dust in the past week, so could this be the year the Gunners are crowned Champions of Europe?
northerngooner83
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Goose » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Yeeeeaahhhh baaaaby
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner