Will Bendtner improve next year?

Re: Will Bendtner improve next year?

Postby x3r0 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:36 pm

i think one important thing to look at is his height - his body make up and whether or not his physical characteristics will aid him or hinder him in the future. he's a great height - 6'3" - to help us with our presence in the box, and he's got a great vertical, which only helps.

sometimes i wonder why he and abou diaby(who's 6'2") don't head more goals in . . . but they're definitely getting better. and they're sooo young.

i think our wingers will become more important this approaching year - they and their crosses into the box are vital to our game. we need to exploit them to beat certain "bus parking" sides. they, along with bendtner and his aerial game, are the dimension we need to develop and there's no doubt he's coming along. he can definitely make contact with the crosses. the crosses just have not been up to par lately, with clichy missing and sagna just plain sucking . . . oh and don't forget walcott's measly aerial contribution as well. his ground game is much better . . .
x3r0
Patrick Vieira

Postby Fabby » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:37 pm

Its not just goals.

Am I the only one that thinks goals are the only thing keeping here atm.

It might sound insane, but because he hasn't had that many starts and he's got quite a few goals I think that's what keeps getting him a shot.
Its his overall gameplay I think he needs to improve. I know you'll give me some crap about a striker should score and well yeah duh well done, but when he plays for Arsenal he should know where to be at certain times, he should have a good touch, find a pass when it needs to be made etc.

Sometimes he does do these things, but not enough for me. And he might have outscored a few players but he f***ing misses miles of chances too and untill he improves on all this stuff, whichis alot he isnt going to be the player i want him to be.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
TheOne2Smooth wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Bloody needs to. He is wasteful. I will judge him this season on goals and assists and nothing else. And when he fails to deliver at the end of next season, which he will, then he can piss off to Blackburn and all the Bendy lovers on here will be nowhere to be seen.

if he bangs in the goals will you piss off to blackburn?

If you buy me a house there.

Wouldn't envisage a problem - Blackburn's cheap and bleak as f**k. Question is: would you want to live there...? ;)

Last season ADS observed that if he sorts his feet out then he could become a very capable striker. I think he was bang on the money with that assessment.
That, and being told to stick in the middle (instead of wandering wide where he has NO PACE).
My attitude towards him has changed from one of disdain to hopeful optimism.
So I say yes, he will improve.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:46 pm

gzagee wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
TheOne2Smooth wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Bloody needs to. He is wasteful. I will judge him this season on goals and assists and nothing else. And when he fails to deliver at the end of next season, which he will, then he can piss off to Blackburn and all the Bendy lovers on here will be nowhere to be seen.

if he bangs in the goals will you piss off to blackburn?

If you buy me a house there.

Wouldn't envisage a problem - Blackburn's cheap and bleak as f**k. Question is: would you want to live there...? ;)

Last season ADS observed that if he sorts his feet out then he could become a very capable striker. I think he was bang on the money with that assessment.
That, and being told to stick in the middle (instead of wandering wide where he has NO PACE).
My attitude towards him has changed from one of disdain to hopeful optimism.
So I say yes, he will improve.

I hope he does because then I will get a free house out of it :pray:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby gzagee » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:48 pm

I thought smooth asked if you'd 'piss off to Blackburn'? Didn't realise you were getting a free house out of it...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby UFGN » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:49 pm

gzagee wrote:I thought smooth asked if you'd 'piss off to Blackburn'? Didn't realise you were getting a free house out of it...

Oh well bollocks then I'm not going
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:01 am

You will go.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:06 am

Inchpractice wrote:You will go.

If he is our top scorer this season I will go to blackburn and have my picture taken there and post it on here.

If he scores the same amount as last season (08-09) or less, then you have to go and have your picture taken there.

(In all competitive matches.)

Deal?
Last edited by UFGN on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

UFGN

Postby gzagee » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:08 am

A bizarre challenge..
Inchy will you see him and/or raise?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby UFGN » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:23 am

Its all gone quiet over there....

UFGN

Postby x3r0 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:35 am

lol, i live in the states. i'm not sure what you guys are talking about. is blackburn really that bleak .. . ?
x3r0
Patrick Vieira

Postby UFGN » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:46 am

x3r0 wrote:lol, i live in the states. i'm not sure what you guys are talking about. is blackburn really that bleak .. . ?

I meant it originally in the context of Blackburn football club, just being a random club... but now you mention it, it does look like a bit of a shit town.

UFGN

Postby x3r0 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:57 am

lol. is it cause that's building's collapsing?
haha, is the sky always so grey . . .
x3r0
Patrick Vieira

Postby ayN » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:14 am

Why WONT Bendtner improve? Unless he is a piece of shit like ADS said some months back, still love that quote: 'A piece of shit is a piece of shit, if you polish shit, it only becomes shiny shit which is worse to look at.' :lol: But he will surely improve, cuz he's training undah wengah after all. :)
Wenger please go away
ayN
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby castano » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:49 am

He'l improve but not sure if he'l reach the desired 20-goal mark.The amount of time he spends on the pitch wil be determind by Edu and Rvp fitness level
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner