Will Bendtner improve next year?

Re: Will Bendtner improve next year?

Postby djaxster » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:49 am

Simply Arshavin! wrote:Why WONT Bendtner improve? Unless he is a piece of shit like ADS said some months back, still love that quote: 'A piece of shit is a piece of shit, if you polish shit, it only becomes shiny shit which is worse to look at.' :lol: But he will surely improve, cuz he's training undah wengah after all. :)

well said :clap: Bendy is still young and still has a bit to learn which i think he will.
Adey is too old and lazy to change into the striker we need.. sell him now
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheGeneral » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:01 am

castano wrote:He'l improve but not sure if he'l reach the desired 20-goal mark.The amount of time he spends on the pitch wil be determind by Edu and Rvp fitness level

I strongly doubt he'll be reaching the '20-goal mark' you mentioned above. But to be honest I don't think we should be expecting him to do so anyway. He's going to be fourth choice heading into next season don't forget, so inevitably his opportunites to produce, in comparision to last season, will be limited. Unless, of course, any one of Adebayor, Eduardo or van Persie are out injured for a sustained period of time like last season.

With that in mind, I think we should head into next season in the hope he progresses in his development, whilst also providing a handy alternative coming off the bench, rather than judging him merley on how many goals and assists he has a the end of it.
Last edited by TheGeneral on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGeneral
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:03 am

I'd like to think he would improve if he doesn't then I think it could be the end of the road for him with us. At the start of last season I didn't want him anywhere near our first team but I have to say on some occasions when he come in I was impressed by his workrate more than anything.

He has a lot of work to do on his finishing and his first touch is still dreadful. Sort them two things out, get his head up more often and he'll be snorted.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Malcontent » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:17 pm

I don't think Bendtner actually had that rough a season last year. He seemed to have a few dreadful games where you would have put money on him missing water falling out of a boat, but then there were others where he worked hard, was much more direct and scored with solid first touches. Naturally, Wenger subbed him off in the games where he was good and let him "work through it" in the atrocious ones. Couple that with the fact that the negative feelings you associate with a player's performance are a lot harder to shake that the positives and I think he may be getting a bit of an unfair ride. Is he the polished article? Not yet. You have to expect inconsistency from a 20-year-old. Will he be better? Most definitely. But will be realize his full potential next year? Definitely not. I don't expect him to really keep all his promises until he's 23 or 24. But until then, don't expect a night/day transformation. Unlike a few other players, he's one I'm willing to be patient with.
Malcontent
Liam Brady

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:23 pm

castano wrote:He'l improve but not sure if he'l reach the desired 20-goal mark.

Desired 20 goal mark?
Where does that come from?

Personally I wouldn't set a 20 goal target for a fourth-choice substitute.
Bit unfair really.

Having said that he got 15 last season so it wouldn't be that outrageous if he did hit 20 but even 15 was way more than was expected of him.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:You will go.

If he is our top scorer this season I will go to blackburn and have my picture taken there and post it on here.

If he scores the same amount as last season (08-09) or less, then you have to go and have your picture taken there.

(In all competitive matches.)

Deal?

No deal.
It's a ludicrous challenge.
How can the 4th choice striker be top scorer?

A better deal would be to set him a target of goals and assists which you feel is acceptable and then agree on that.
With Eduardo back in action this season I'd expect Bendtner to get less starts than last season so logically less goals.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Goose » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Is the pope Catholic?

Does Cashley like money?

Is Drogbas hair greasy?

Did MJ like the company of young boys?

Does the man from Del Monte say yes?

Will Bendtner get better and better?

YES
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Popey » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:49 am

off course he will. what a question. he's 21 and very talented. find a striker who is 21 and so good! he need to improve his finishing and then he will be a great striker. I think he can beat ade. he got a better vision for the game.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fordy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:04 am

Popey wrote:off course he will. what a question. he's 21 and very talented. find a striker who is 21 and so good! he need to improve his finishing and then he will be a great striker. I think he can beat ade. he got a better vision for the game.

Sergio Agüero
Alexandre Pato
Bojan Krkić

lol there's 3 , but i do agree with your point but you can say find another striker who's 21 and as good.
Fordy

Postby Gunner Down Under » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:35 am

I sure hope for his sake that he improves. I've become quite a fan of Bendtner since April and I reckon he'll have a good season next year. In a year or 2 he'll reach Ade's skill (when he tries)
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby goonerghost » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
castano wrote:He'l improve but not sure if he'l reach the desired 20-goal mark.

Desired 20 goal mark?
Where does that come from?

Personally I wouldn't set a 20 goal target for a fourth-choice substitute.
Bit unfair really.

Having said that he got 15 last season so it wouldn't be that outrageous if he did hit 20 but even 15 was way more than was expected of him.

I'm not so sure that Big Nick will be our 4th choice any more. I won't even start to delve in to the transfer gossip about Ade staying or going... but I like Nick over Ade anyway.

Keep in mind that during more than a few league games he cam on as a sub for a WIDE POSITION which is totally out of his element, but not unlike Wenger to put him out of position to improve his vision of the game (which is already great)

ALSO, Wenger has said

"Next season we will play the formation and system that most suits the players and the balance of the team. That means it’s not rigid. It can evolve throughout the season, depending on circumstances and personnel. If you play with Theo Walcott for example, you are more tempted to go for three midfielders because Theo is more of a forward than a midfielder in a 4-4-2"

I know he was thinking of Walcott, but obviously a 4-3-3 is in his head if we have the players for it.
and I'm not sure of the statistics... but Theo's strike rate agasint Bendtner's and I'm not sure who I would rather take.

Eduardo, RVP and Bendtner up front... that has to be terrifying for any defense.
goonerghost
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Previous

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner