Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby the real gooner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:11 am

Imo Bentdner would have got nowhere near any of the squads/teams we have had that have won things. He's perfectly suited to the role of sub in a team/squad that nearly wins things.
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:21 pm

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby Briggsy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:54 am

At 20 of course he is going to play mainly as a sub! When you was 20 was you the best at your trade?
Image
User avatar
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7259
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Walthamstow by way of Hackney

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby the real gooner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:00 am

At 20 I was in 1 Para. We didn't have subs. We were as strong as our weakest link. This is not about me though. I believe if you are good enough your old enough. Most of our 1st team squad are his age there or there abouts and imo he's a weak link..........
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:21 pm

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby Briggsy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:12 am

You must be sniffing something! Bendtner while not being a skillfull player has a higher workrate than both van Persie and Adebayor! If either of them worked harder we might not need to call on a 20 year old
Image
User avatar
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7259
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Walthamstow by way of Hackney

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:15 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:he also said he would be offski if he didnt get games though at the start of the season didnt he?


I don't know if this is the article you're referring to but perhaps you missed this thread: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9315&hilit=+bendtner+f***ked+off

the real gooner wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:You forgot to mention the fact that he signed his new contract before it was even printed. Respect.



Maybe 'the real gooner' should change his name....? :sneaky:


Would you prefer Sheep Gooner?

No, I'd prefer knee-jerk gooner.

the real gooner wrote:Imo Bentdner would have got nowhere near any of the squads/teams we have had that have won things. He's perfectly suited to the role of sub in a team/squad that nearly wins things.

You seem to have forgotten that he's our fourth choice striker. If you want to talk about teams that win things, who was our fourth choice striker during the Invincibles season? Can you even remember? Did he help us win things/score crucial goals? Did he score 15 goals that season?

When he comes on as a sub he scores a goal, often the winning goal. What more do you want your subs to do? :dontknow:

the real gooner wrote:At 20 I was in 1 Para. We didn't have subs. We were as strong as our weakest link. This is not about me though. I believe if you are good enough your old enough. Most of our 1st team squad are his age there or there abouts and imo he's a weak link..........

No, he's a substitute. Subs are supposed to be weaker than the first team starters, that's how football works.
I can't really believe I'm having to explain this but in football, if the sub is at the same level and age as the person who is starting ahead of him, he gets bored of sitting on the bench and leaves the club.
You may not have noticed but at Arsenal Football Club our substitutes are younger and often weaker than the players who start ahead of them. This is because we can't afford to have two first teams on the same wages. It's also known as a system of development whereby the younger players, by coming on as a sub, gradually learn their trade throughout the season.
Some other subs that have gone on to become first team players include RVP, Adebayor, Fabregas, Song, Clichy etc. etc.
Can you see a pattern here...?
groom suits for gooners with taste
User avatar
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24155
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 pm
Location: Bucks

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby InvincibleGunners » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:59 am

Right on Bendy, gotta love his commitment to the club.

Honestly, give him another season or two and he's going to be world-class, the sky's the limit with this lad. He shows brilliant positional sense in the box and is clearly our best player in the air.

I say offload Ade, get in a quality target man who has two or three good seasons left in him to lead the front whilst Bendtner improves/perfects his non-aerial game and grows in confidence.

Bendtner and Vela showed they can operate together really well at the beginning of the season, those two are the partnership of the future for this club.
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
User avatar
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:58 am

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby TheSKAGooner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:20 am

More from the Big Dane...


Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner believes he will be better than Sweden star Zlatan Ibrahimovic within three years.

The 21-year-old Denmark international is still yet to establish himself as a regular starter at Arsenal, but he is convinced that he will have a breakthrough year next season.

And, ahead of his country’s World Cup qualifier against Sweden on Saturday, he has revealed that he plans to outshine the Inter striker in the coming years.

“In about three years, I will be better than Zlatan,” he told BT.

“He is older than me and has now reached his peak as the top scorer in Serie A, but I have a plan, I believe in it and I am ready.

“Next season, I can finally make my breakthrough and then I still have two years to become better than Zlatan – and I will.

“By then I will be close to my peak and will be able to look upon myself as one of the world’s greatest strikers.”


http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/04/Prem-Bendtner-on-Ibrahimovic/gnid-55715/

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Image
User avatar
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: New Orleans - USA

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby SE13 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:21 am

^^^ Just beat me to it!

Quite a statement though......
Image

Image

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
User avatar
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
 
Posts: 38139
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby TheSKAGooner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:32 am

SE13 wrote:^^^ Just beat me to it!

Quite a statement though......


Well, no one can say Nick isn't a self confident lad. :biggrin:

I really thought his statements at the end of the season showed good maturity though. Not just bluster about "how good I am", but an honest self-assessment of his season and what he needs to work on going forward. Frankly, I want a striker who's got a bit of the swagger.
Image
User avatar
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: New Orleans - USA

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby djaxster » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:53 am

Top respect to my man Bendy.. Has done more for the Arse on and off the pitch than Adey.
Can't wait too see him playing again next season and i beleive in him...
Image
User avatar
djaxster
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Bromley/Orpington

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby Fabby » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:59 am

I hope Bendys head doesn't grow and make him look more stupid than those f***ing pink boots.

I don't think he's gonna be at Zlatans level in 3 years. Not technically anyway.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3632
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:34 am

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby sarngooner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 am

hes very raw but he knows where the net is and over the next 2 to 3 seasons could well progress in to one hell of striker . sometimes he goes for that extra pass or trick which i think goes against his natural game . because the other strikers are more skillfull he tries to outdo them . if he were to just shoot on sight more his goal tally would be even higher . i think he may surprise us all and become a gooner legend .
sarngooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby the real gooner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:12 am

Inchpractice wrote:
absolutely_fabregas wrote:he also said he would be offski if he didnt get games though at the start of the season didnt he?


I don't know if this is the article you're referring to but perhaps you missed this thread: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9315&hilit=+bendtner+f***ked+off

the real gooner wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:You forgot to mention the fact that he signed his new contract before it was even printed. Respect.



Maybe 'the real gooner' should change his name....? :sneaky:


Would you prefer Sheep Gooner?

No, I'd prefer knee-jerk gooner.

the real gooner wrote:Imo Bentdner would have got nowhere near any of the squads/teams we have had that have won things. He's perfectly suited to the role of sub in a team/squad that nearly wins things.

You seem to have forgotten that he's our fourth choice striker. If you want to talk about teams that win things, who was our fourth choice striker during the Invincibles season? Can you even remember? Did he help us win things/score crucial goals? Did he score 15 goals that season?

When he comes on as a sub he scores a goal, often the winning goal. What more do you want your subs to do? :dontknow:

the real gooner wrote:At 20 I was in 1 Para. We didn't have subs. We were as strong as our weakest link. This is not about me though. I believe if you are good enough your old enough. Most of our 1st team squad are his age there or there abouts and imo he's a weak link..........

No, he's a substitute. Subs are supposed to be weaker than the first team starters, that's how football works.
I can't really believe I'm having to explain this but in football, if the sub is at the same level and age as the person who is starting ahead of him, he gets bored of sitting on the bench and leaves the club.
You may not have noticed but at Arsenal Football Club our substitutes are younger and often weaker than the players who start ahead of them. This is because we can't afford to have two first teams on the same wages. It's also known as a system of development whereby the younger players, by coming on as a sub, gradually learn their trade throughout the season.
Some other subs that have gone on to become first team players include RVP, Adebayor, Fabregas, Song, Clichy etc. etc.
Can you see a pattern here...?


Can't work whether your more patronising than crass with this. The subs bench is used strategically. It's not just a row of players who aren't as good as the first 11. Arsahvin as many have posted here was a surprise bench player for the semi. That was a tactic, a tactic is an element that contributes to a strategy. I can't really believe I have to explain how this works....blah blah blah. Any way imo Bentdner has a poor first touch and will never make it as a gooner legend. It's an opinion. It doesn't mean that I care less for the club or that I am right. Only time will tell
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:21 pm

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:26 am

the real gooner wrote:Can't work whether your more patronising than crass with this. The subs bench is used strategically. It's not just a row of players who aren't as good as the first 11. Arsahvin as many have posted here was a surprise bench player for the semi. That was a tactic, a tactic is an element that contributes to a strategy. I can't really believe I have to explain how this works....blah blah blah. Any way imo Bentdner has a poor first touch and will never make it as a gooner legend. It's an opinion. It doesn't mean that I care less for the club or that I am right. Only time will tell

Arshavin on the bench was a mistake not a tactic.
Yes there may be one or two players who are at first team ability and on the bench but they are the exception to the rule. How long do you think a player of Arshavin's ability would put up with being fourth choice for his position? That's what Bendtner is, 4th choice.

No-one accused you of caring less for the club and no-one (at least not me) claimed that Bendtner would become a legend but to say that he should leave for Doncaster Rovers shows that you haven't really been paying attention over the last two seasons.
Either that or you don't understand how substitutes work. The first touch of a 20 year-old can be worked on, and throwing kids in at the deep end is good for them and it's also what AW likes to do regularly.
groom suits for gooners with taste
User avatar
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24155
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:40 pm
Location: Bucks

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby the real gooner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:36 am

Arshavin was a tactic that went wrong it then became a mistake. Like chess when your tactically great move goes wrong it's a mistake. Like parking your resupply in Bluff Cove a tactic that became a mistake.
I also believe that Bentdner has issues that will stay with him and like Hartson and unlike Kennedy I don't think he will develop the finesse. OAO
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to 52. Nicklas Bendtner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest