Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby TheSKAGooner » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Good for you, Nick! Well done!!

3 Jun 2009 20:14:40

Nicklas Bendtner has hit back at Inter forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic's claims to feel sympathy for Arsenal fans, because of the thrifty transfer policy of Gunners' manager Arsene Wenger, with the Frenchman preferring to keep the club on a sound financial footing by investing in youth rather than big-name stars.

"Just look at Arsenal. They don’t buy the best players, which is sad, very sad for their supporters," the Swede told Aftonbladet.

"They pay a lot of money for a season ticket just to see a junior team. That can't be fun."

However, Bendtner has responded forcefully to those claims, asserting that his manager knows exactly what he is doing, and has only the best interests of the north London club at heart.

“He is not correct. His words don’t make any sense at all," he affirmed to Danish newspaper B.T.:

"We could have performed better this season but we did reach the semi-final in the FA Cup and the Champions League. Further than his Inter side.

“We scored as many goals as Manchester United and that shows what we are capable of.

"And in the Premier League there’s so much competition because it’s the best league in the world. It’s clearly better than Zlatan's league, Serie A."

Arsenal's transfer targets, if any, for the summer are yet unclear, but they have been linked with players as diverse as Newcastle United striker Obafemi Martins and Bolton Wanderers' England defender Gary Cahill.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/06/03/1303704/arsenal-striker-bendtner-hits-back-at-ibrahimovic-junior

:arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:
TheSKAGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Bendtner Stands Strong For Arsenal

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:57 pm

f***ing legend!!

Take that Zlatan you overated Bird nosed c***!
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fordy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:59 pm

this is sad for arsenal no matter what you say

he is one of the top player in the world is this what they think of arsenal now
Fordy

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Top players in the world don't necessarily make good judgements on how to run a football club.
He's been hanging out with Maureen too much.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby the real gooner » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:05 pm

I for one would be happier if Bendtner went and stood strong for Doncaster Rovers...
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Briggsy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:42 pm

the real gooner wrote:I for one would be happier if Bendtner went and stood strong for Doncaster Rovers...

name 1 20 year old who scored more goals than Bendtner this season! Every time I watch Nick play he works f***ing hard for the team if several others tried as hard as him we might of won something
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:48 pm

TheOne2Smooth wrote:
the real gooner wrote:I for one would be happier if Bendtner went and stood strong for Doncaster Rovers...

name 1 20 year old who scored more goals than Bendtner this season! Every time I watch Nick play he works f***ing hard for the team if several others tried as hard as him we might of won something

Amen, he was the youngest player to score 15 goals in all comps out of every single other Prem team.

Scored the same amount as Berbatov in the Prem and scored more goals overall despite starting less games amd thats compared to a 28 year old £30 million striker who had 2 seasons Prem experience before joing Man Utd, yet this was only Bendtner second season playing in the top flight...

Yeah but you know...He is still shit... :doh:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:54 pm

Why the hell does Bendy still never get any love?

He spends most of his time on the bench, comes on and often scores, and even if he doesn't he gives us a different option, yet people still want to run him off.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:15 pm

You forgot to mention the fact that he signed his new contract before it was even printed. Respect.

Maybe 'the real gooner' should change his name....? :sneaky:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby BennisBergkamp » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:16 pm

Seriously, if I get another shirt any time soon, this man's name is going on it.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:08 am

he also said he would be offski if he didnt get games though at the start of the season didnt he?

ive never slated him, hes a super sub impact player for us, and should be the same next season

zlatan, some lunatics say he could be best in the world, i think he is THE most over rated player in world football, i have yet to see him play really well, i would honestly have bendtner ahead of him in our squad.
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Gunner Down Under » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:12 am

Just changing the topic here a bit, about how much would you think that Tim Cahill would be worth? I reckon about 10 million quid considering his worth to Everton
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fordy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:26 am

GPS Justin wrote:Just changing the topic here a bit, about how much would you think that Tim Cahill would be worth? I reckon about 10 million quid considering his worth to Everton

dont change the subject a bit
Fordy

Postby the real gooner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:30 am

Inchpractice wrote:You forgot to mention the fact that he signed his new contract before it was even printed. Respect.

Maybe 'the real gooner' should change his name....? :sneaky:

Would you prefer Sheep Gooner?
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gunner Down Under » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:49 am

Swine Gooner?
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Next