Mannone - I want to stay as long as I can

Mannone - I want to stay as long as I can

Postby Trina » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:06 pm

Vito Mannone has dismissed reports that he wants to return to Italy and insists that he sees his long-term future with Arsenal.

The 24-year-old has made a strong start to the new season, stepping in for the injured Wojciech Szczesny to make seven appearances in all competitions.

Mannone, who kicked off the campaign with clean sheets at Stoke City and Liverpool, was recently linked with a move back to his home country. The Italian put the record straight in an interview with Arsenal Player.

"I want to make it clear, because there have been unfounded rumours, that my contract is not ending in 12 months," said Mannone.

"I've got a few more years and I'm happy to be at Arsenal right now. I'm looking at the present and my future is not in doubt.

"I want to stay at Arsenal as long as I can, I don't want to move to any other club."

Mannone has been capped by Italy at under-21 level but has yet to break into his senior national side. He hopes to realise that ambition one day.

"Obviously it is a dream for everybody to play for your country and I wish one day that I can join the senior team," he said.

"But at the same time it is great [to have an international break] because if you have any knocks and injuries it gives us the time to recover. It is a great time for recovering our bodies and getting ready for when the league starts again.

"You try to focus on having a good break because as soon as the players come back from their national teams you start all over again and there are games every three days. You need to be ready for it."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... g-as-i-can
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Mannone - I want to stay as long as I can

Postby Est83 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Nice for him to clear that up. I hate it when things are bubbling under the serface, you don't know how it will effect things on the pitch, no matter how "professional" they all say they are.

Now for Theo!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Re: Mannone - I want to stay as long as I can

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:44 pm

I think i want him to stay for a very long time. But 2nd choice keeper.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to 24. Vito Mannone