Chievo asks Arsenal for Vito loan

Chievo asks Arsenal for Vito loan

Postby yosifun » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:56 pm

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... oan-switch
Chievo have approached Arsenal to discuss a loan move for goalkeeper Vito Mannone.

The Italian club are in the market for a goalkeeper for the Serie A season and are keen on bringing Mannone back to his homeland for a year.

Mannone does not have any immediate hope of a regular starting place at Arsenal as Wojciech Szczesny is very much Arsene Wenger's first choice as goalkeeper.

Rookie Mannone, who impressed on loan at Hull City last season, has been told he is free to move on loan again this season and Chievo are keen.

The 23-year-old is rated highly by Wenger but he wants the Italian to establish a regular starting place at a club first in order for him to get more experience.

I guess it's a good thing for him with Szczęsny being the clear number 1 for us and Fabiański his main backup, I just wonder who will be the 3rd option if Vito leaves.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Chievo asks Arsenal for Vito loan

Postby Est83 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Vito's good enough to fight for the number 1 spot in my opinion. I think it's highly unlikely that he's in Wenger's long term plans though. With two young keepers fighting for one position, chances are Almunia (or another older keeper if Almunia leaves) will be 3rd choice.

Plus it'd be a waste for Mannone to be 3rd choice anyway.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Return to 24. Vito Mannone