Mannone for Number 1!!!!!!!

Mannone for Number 1!!!!!!!

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:44 am

If AW doesn't sign a top keeper then i want him as Number 1.

I am right, don't argue :P

Upon watching this video Buffon said and i quote

I am not fit to be in the presence of Don Vito, he taught me everything i know, despite me being 10 years older than him and 30 years older looking, i am simply a pale imitation
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Mannone for Number 1!!!!!!!

Postby Maxduke » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:01 am

Buffon also said something like this.
I am Mannone from the future.

Nah but in all seriousness he should be starting ahead of Fabianski and Almunia or if Wenger doesn't want to start him, loan him out to 'Boro!
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:09 am

Liking it Max :grin:
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooneritis » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:55 am

Rather have chesney
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Forest » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:57 am

he injured himself and Billy no mates around the 0.55 mark, proof no one liked him lol

i keep saying though Gallas had to take some credit for that game, helped him to keep calm and composed with good communication

dont think Mannone has been out on loan yet has he?
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby rogerthornhill » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 am

He did very well when he had that run in the first team. He is far better and has much more potential than Fabianski.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby tkmullan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:45 am

gunner2018 wrote:dont think Mannone has been out on loan yet has he?

He played a couple of games for Barnet in 2006. Played like Fabianski on a bad day apparently, but that was four years ago so a bit harsh to judge him on it really.

I think we have to be careful not to overrate Vito based upon that one game. But, that said, his game against Fulham was the best single goal keeping performance I've seen by anyone at this club for years, and I do rate him as a potential number one. Ideally, it would be him, Szczesny and a more experienced keeper fighting it out for the top spot, but I don't really see that happening.
tkmullan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Popey » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:34 am

ha had 2 games last season I think?!?

1 was the amazing game against fulham and the other was horrible. he didn't get many chances compared to almunia who is shit. I just don't want to see almunia in goal again. fabianski doesn't looked really good during his games so I would rather see scieczy or mannone.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby robblps » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Vito aint too bad, although I always think he should parry further away from the goal. If you watch the video above, he makes good saves, but yet we need our defenders there to clear up the 2nd ball. He needs to parry the ball further away
robblps
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Goose » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:25 pm

That's how West Ham scored against us, he parried the ball into his area and Cole scored I believe
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Est83 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:38 pm

He had more than 2 games Popey, and he did brilliantly. He had something like 5 games, then a few more in the Champions League.

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but his mistakes were minimal. He kept 2 or 3 clean sheets in the league games, and dominated the box like veteran! I only remember him making one clear error. Can't remember who it was against but he came out to collect a diaganol cross than he was ever going to get. The ball got headered over him and he was caught in no-mans land.

In the CL he only had one bad game, and as I said earlier in the thread, he wasn't entirely to blame. He conceeded twice in the first few minutes of the match, and one was a penalty. Worst start to a match ever, but it was the defense that was caught flat footed. I think he was beaten at the near post for the first goal but it came out of nowhere.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:56 pm

He played 9 games, 6 in the League, i believe he had a few clean sheets as well as being solid in almost all of those games.

The CL game was against Liege or something, Gallas conceded a penalty and the defence over the course of the whole game was absolutely shit, yet he was blamed, even though he was much better in the 2nd half and we won...

He is better than Almunia and Fabianski.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:06 pm

GunnGunn wrote:He played 9 games, 6 in the League, i believe he had a few clean sheets as well as being solid in almost all of those games.

The CL game was against Liege or something, Gallas conceded a penalty and the defence over the course of the whole game was absolutely shit, yet he was blamed, even though he was much better in the 2nd half and we won...

He is better than Almunia and Fabianski.

that's the point!

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Off topic I know but is anyone else concerned about the number of times Fulham got themselves in a goalscoring opportunity that day...?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby tkmullan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Off topic I know but is anyone else concerned about the number of times Fulham got themselves in a goalscoring opportunity that day...?

It was one of those days for our defence.

In fairness, Fulham beat Man Utd 3-0 (although iirc Utd didn't have any defenders at that point) and Juventus 4-1 at Craven Cottage last season, and on their day they were capable of being a very good team.
tkmullan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Next

Return to 24. Vito Mannone