Great Game

Re: Great Game

Postby Goose » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Fordy wrote:
Goose wrote:To think he is only 21, means there is a lot of room for improvement

Lets hope he can be consistent and handle the pressure in big games

As i think we all agree with a few year of teaching on when to come for the ball and stuff like that he could be class.

The simple fact is you can not teach some of the saves he made you have it or you dont.

Yeah great reflexes cant be taught, he is still learning his craft, his clash with Gallas shows that, as he should of shouted to claim it, but at least he did not make any huge clangers
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Chest infections can be pretty nasty man

Funny how Mannone may not even have played today. Things could have been very different if Shneezle did
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:55 pm

Agree with whats being said, Vito is way too young to make the No1 shirt his own, but today he cant be faulted, he was blinding, lets hope he continues his progress as well as he has been doing, today he deputised brilliantly & kudos to the lad, will give him such a boost.
And IMO Vito thoroughly deserved his MOTM. Our Italian Stallion! :P ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fordy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:58 pm

TheOne2Smooth wrote:Please though lets not get ahead of ourselves Manniger had some cracking games but he wasn't good enough. People wasn't sure about him before this game. I reckon Almunia has been drop because thats some chest infection his got going on

i agree mate

not about almunia i think he was dropped a few games to give him a rest and get some pressure off him but.............

no he is still the number 1 and should stay that way.
Fordy

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:07 pm

1 great gaame and people expect too much, almunia was the same when he first came to first team keepr, we should keep some sort of level head, but i will say we have some very talanted up and comming keepers. in wojech and vito.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Kano » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:14 pm

I dunno mate - I won't call either rubbish but I won't rush out and buy their shirt with their name on my back either.

Don Vito was class today but a rep is built on consistency - hopefully one of our lot can achieve that.
Kano
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Libertine » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:02 am

Goose wrote:Lets hope he can be consistent and handle the pressure in big games

The only consistant thing about young players is their inconsitency. ;)
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gould » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:14 am

a fantastic performance from vito. i think that will make people stand up but hopefully the pressure doesnt get to him, i kinda feel sorry for fabanski i mean time he could of got to get some 1st team games in with almunia out and he(fabanski) is also injured. and for the guy behind him to play 3 games and have 2 clean sheets. 1 amazing performance earning him a motm is abit gutting. but as i said before great play for vito and that will put him ontop of the world right now, but lets just take it a game by a time and see how he does the next game
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:45 pm

IMO, Fabianski, Mannone, Shez and Almunia are all on par.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fordy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Almunia is by far the best option, playing keepers week in week out at a young age hardly ever ends well.

Theres a long line of supper good Young keepers who end up suffering due to been played too much.
Fordy

Postby Kano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Fordy wrote:Almunia is by far the best option, playing keepers week in week out at a young age hardly ever ends well.

Theres a long line of supper good Young keepers who end up suffering due to been played too much.

You're dead right there - although, the most 'recent' I can recall is Paul Robinson - he built quite a rep for himself at Leeds and we all know how that has ended up....
Kano
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:58 pm

What's interesting about this performance is that once again it shows up some of our fans to be the impatient knee-jerkers that they are.
After his poor performance against who was it, Liege? People said 'this guy's rubbish I'd rather have Schezny etc. etc. and one game later he's better than Almunia. :rolleyes:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby niko197 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Kano wrote:
Fordy wrote:Almunia is by far the best option, playing keepers week in week out at a young age hardly ever ends well.

You're dead right there - although, the most 'recent' I can recall is Paul Robinson - he built quite a rep for himself at Leeds and we all know how that has ended up....

MIGHTY CRO!!!!!!! :1990_dancing.gif:

we buried *** scum!!!! :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cheese » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:19 pm

The Massa Machine wrote:In complete contrast to Diaby, what a game from Vito.

Bye bye Aluminum?

One game!
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 pm

Hence the question mark...
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007