Arshavin to quit football

Re: Arshavin to quit football

Postby Zenith » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Don't really see the problem, he hasn't played in ages, clearly isn't interested in football anymore and after all he's still a human and most of us humans like to get pissed from time to time. When a football player [at the end of his career] does it, people act like it's a crime. Hypocrites.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby prolific » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Its not a crime. The wasted resources at Arsenal is criminal though! Having said that its not totally Arshavins fault. Anyway the video made me laugh!
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby padster_87 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Thanks the lord that he'll be off our books!
AW - “I tried to watch the Tottenham match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.”
padster_87
Patrick Vieira

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 pm

padster_87 wrote:Thanks the lord that he'll be off our books!

I know. He's not worth even half of the £95kpw.

I think he'll have to quit football, what "credible" team is going to take him and give him a contract. He's a thief in my books.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby fari » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:32 pm

i quite agree...he will look back 20 years from now and realize how he wasted his time...smh
fari
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:37 pm

fari wrote:

i quite agree...he will look back 20 years from now and realize how he wasted his time...smh

He won't. He had some amazing moments. He's a first-class international for Russia and he got paid a fortune for playing.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby padster_87 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Angelito wrote:
fari wrote:

He won't. He had some amazing moments. He's a first-class international for Russia and he got paid a fortune for playing.

He might had a good 3-4 years near the top in a what could have been a 12 or so year career there imo. He might have got payed a fortune but it's hardly a career to be proud of the way it ended, and maybe that money will feel a bit empty in years to come........who am I kidding, if that was the case he'd have pulled his finger out or begged for a transfer so he could have got games somewhere. Same as Squilaci, thief!
AW - “I tried to watch the Tottenham match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.”
padster_87
Patrick Vieira

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 pm

We could attract a good player for 95k per week
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Angelito » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:17 am

padster_87 wrote:
Angelito wrote:
fari wrote:

He might had a good 3-4 years near the top in a what could have been a 12 or so year career there imo. He might have got payed a fortune but it's hardly a career to be proud of the way it ended, and maybe that money will feel a bit empty in years to come........who am I kidding, if that was the case he'd have pulled his finger out or begged for a transfer so he could have got games somewhere. Same as Squilaci, thief!

That is, if you're comparing him to Pires. If you compare his life to a life of any ordinary person, he is a mega success. Not every football player desires to have a long career. Not every football player has his life limited to football only.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:30 am

SammyGunner11 wrote:We could attract a good player for 95k per week

Or two African teenagers that move to France when they were children... The way we pay youth players.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby padster_87 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:39 am

Angelito wrote:
padster_87 wrote:
Angelito wrote:
fari wrote:

That is, if you're comparing him to Pires. If you compare his life to a life of any ordinary person, he is a mega success. Not every football player desires to have a long career. Not every football player has his life limited to football only.

Maybe you're right, I guess I'm just seeing it from what I and I assume the football community in general want from a player. At the end of the day maybe he doesn't have the desire or the care that his career fell off the cliff that we'd expect him too!
padster_87
Patrick Vieira

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 am

prolific wrote:Arshavin to quit drinking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ui2He4esE&sns=tw

this f***ing mans come out? :rofll:

I bet it was because they called him Alexandr Orlov.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Diaby24AFC » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Sure he didn't live up to expectations. But no reason to feel bad. Now Chelsea supporters with Shevchenko and United supporters with Veron should feel bad.
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:30 pm

I think he was definitely wasted at us. He was never played as a second striker which is his best position. Still love the wee fella though.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zedie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Don't know if anyone caught it, but straight after the Everton game, they showed the arsenal v Liverpool match when he scored the 4 goals for us. I couldn't get over how he busted a gut to get on the end of walcotts run for the 4th, he was lightning quick!

I had literally forgotten the player he was in that first season.

It's a real shame when players end up like this and there defo will be regrets in a few years when he really does take a look at himself. Anyhow, £95k pw along with all the ther dead wood that has to leave one way or another is a massive step to us hopefully getting in some real quality this summer.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin