Arshavin to quit football

Re: Arshavin to quit football

Postby Youngie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Lb-Gibbs wrote:I Know Arshavin in person.

He and he's translator would give me free tickets.

Im only 14 . never paided for a Arsenal game , Thank's to Arshavin.

:( :( :( :(

I know him too, in fact he's round mine now having a bru. What are the odds ay :arse fan:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Massa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Will never forget this. Goosebumps.

GSK_AFC wrote:lol ok

:lol:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Seems to have lost interest with the sport which is a shame really with the amount of talent he has.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 am

Cry me a river. Apart from them 4 vs Liverpool, he was just as much of a waste of money as Jeffers. Didn't rate him when we signed him, still don't. He has quality technique, i'll admit, but just can't be arsed by the looks of it and if he was that bothered he'd have played for Reading. ALso, even if he preferred the centre role, I would expect him to track back so that point was irrelevant.

Surprised nobody wants him but reduce your wages Andrei if you want to play, simple. Not all about money. Don't know if the personal issues have got too much for him but it sounds more like nobody wants him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:51 am

I think his long feud with Russian supporters has killed his desire.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:03 am

Thierry14 wrote:Cry me a river. Apart from them 4 vs Liverpool, he was just as much of a waste of money as Jeffers. Didn't rate him when we signed him, still don't. He has quality technique, i'll admit, but just can't be arsed by the looks of it and if he was that bothered he'd have played for Reading. ALso, even if he preferred the centre role, I would expect him to track back so that point was irrelevant.

Surprised nobody wants him but reduce your wages Andrei if you want to play, simple. Not all about money. Don't know if the personal issues have got too much for him but it sounds more like nobody wants him.

i,m sorry mate but if we had a punt on arshavin and it failed so what?
we should,nt crawl back into our shell and never try again
he was the kind of player we should be buying
some work some don,t
i hate to think like the bean counters over there
but his goal at home to swansea last year alone ensured we finished above spurs thus earning 28 million in league placing/champs league money and gate reciepts.
thats the thing
i would rather us fail trying
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby defcon2005 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:35 pm

starmandb wrote:
Thierry14 wrote:Cry me a river. Apart from them 4 vs Liverpool, he was just as much of a waste of money as Jeffers. Didn't rate him when we signed him, still don't. He has quality technique, i'll admit, but just can't be arsed by the looks of it and if he was that bothered he'd have played for Reading. ALso, even if he preferred the centre role, I would expect him to track back so that point was irrelevant.

some work some don,t
but his goal at home to swansea last year alone ensured we finished above spurs thus earning 28 million in league placing/champs league money and gate reciepts.
thats the thing

:clap:
good shout!
arshavin was the last player we signed that i actually got excited about and thought get in there!!
his goal against barca was for me the high point and what a downright shame he didnt fulfill all the promise!!
a classic example the talent if not matched by hard work is wasted feel very sad about this and diaby for other reasons!!
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby Santi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Yeh see that's the difference between you and me, you were excited by signing him, I wasn't. He shot to fame in the Euros was it? Had like 3 good games amidst a couple of not brilliant ones, displaying his inconsistency. Yet everyone was creaming themselves over him as a world class player, he wasn't quite that level. Nothing wrong with showing the ambition we did to sign him (much better than what we do most of the time!) but I just never got excited about him and thought omg yesss we're going to be much better with him in the team :)

Never said signing him was a problem, just don't care about him and retiring because to me he was a complete waste and one of my least favourite Arsenal players ever.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:07 pm

One of my favourites, even had a canvas of the little fella. His technical ability was so good, unfortunately his work ethic wasn't.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby VCC » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:08 pm

starmandb wrote:

some work some don,t
thats the thing

good post the starmanb
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Kyle? » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Massa wrote:Image

Arshavin's best moment in an Arsenal shirt, even better than that Liverpool game.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Kyle? wrote:

Arshavin's best moment in an Arsenal shirt, even better than that Liverpool game.

Cant agree with that dude. 4 goals against Liverpool is better imho
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kyle? » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:34 pm

Le Chat wrote:
Kyle? wrote:

We can draw with Liverpool twice a year, how often do we get the chance to beat Barca?
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Kyle? wrote:
Le Chat wrote:
Kyle? wrote:

We can draw with Liverpool twice a year, how often do we get the chance to beat Barca?

I agree the barca goal was more important. But when do you ever see an individual performance as perfect as that. It was more right place right time for that barca goal. The lpool game he was on fire all match.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42 am

That one finish against Barca took more skill and ability than all four in Liverpool combined. Three of the four against Liverpool anybody that gets paid to play football would be expected to finish. Two tap in's and a 1v1, the 2nd was a cracker, but the other three were meh.

Yes, four goals is very rare. Hat's off to the man for doing it. They were more down to chance than pure ability though. Not like he dribble anybody on any of them. Not like the other three were amazing placed shots, or powerful blasts to beat the keeper.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin