Arshavin

Arshavin

Postby AZGooner » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:08 am

So, what was the point in keeping him if we're not going to play him? I honestly feel as if a run of games would be exactly what he needs to revive that talent he once showed. I'd feel better about him coming off than bench when we need a goal rather than Gervinho. Don't know about th rest of you, but I'd like to see him back out there in the next 3 months.
AZGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Arshavin

Postby VCC » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:52 am

Arshavin playing for anyone else may have been good

Arsh playing wide on the left is a waste of time,i am no Gervinho fan i think he is shite as well but there is the Arsenal problem for a number of years ARGUING OVER WHAT BIT OF SHIT STICKS BEST
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:14 am

Agreed, he's wasted at the moment.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby JohnGooner » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:15 am

Both Gervinho and Arshavin should never be seen on a pitch wearing the Arsenal shirt.
The Bayern match aside, we don't have more than a game a week for the rest of the season, so any three of Walcott/Cazorla/Giroud/Poldi with OX (who's at least young enough to get better) coming off the bench.
Adler
Matthews Per Vermaelen Gibbs
Bender Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla El Shaarawy
Poldi

Szczesny, Papadopoulos, Gibbs, Arteta, Bruma, OX, Giroud
JohnGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Popey » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 pm

gervi is shit, the ox is horrible at the moment...so why not trying with arshavin?

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:53 pm

I don't like Arshavin but he should have been given a go in Cazorlas role by now when we have needed to rest him.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gunpowder » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm

It's too late to give him a role. It is obvious that he's going to leave and we are not challenging anything, we should play our next year core. There aren't too much options, Cazorla, Ramsey and Rosicky.

I was thinking that earlier in the season, Wenger is way too dependent Cazorla. He's not good lately, AW should have used Rosicky and Arshavin more.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:05 pm

lool I swear if Gervinho dont play in 3 months, you will see people here saying give him a chance. its like our fans have the memory of a fish. Arshavin was worse than Gervinho and had the fans fully against him. As bad as Gervinho is I would play him ahead of arshavin any day of the week. Watch Man u second goal against us last season and you see why Arshavin was hated at that time. So much that Wenger was constantly coming out to defend him
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

I like Arsh, he's seems like a good guy with a fun sense of humor, but when he plays I don't see passion in him. He looks like a player on a Sunday pub team, who can't wait to get that first pint in after the game.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I like Arsh, he's seems like a good guy with a fun sense of humor, but when he plays I don't see passion in him. He looks like a player on a Sunday pub team, who can't wait to get that first pint in after the game.

Well honestly he doesn't show any less passion than most of the players on the pitch. :dontknow:

Apart from Jack, most look like they can hardly be bothered.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Leody wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I like Arsh, he's seems like a good guy with a fun sense of humor, but when he plays I don't see passion in him. He looks like a player on a Sunday pub team, who can't wait to get that first pint in after the game.

Well honestly he doesn't show any less passion than most of the players on the pitch. :dontknow:

thats rubbish.......arshavin was told he can leave for free last summer and was offered to several clubs. He refused because he wanted his family to become british citizent. Thats how much he was interested in playing.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Arshavin showed glimpses of his old form when he come on as a sub or played in the early stages of the COC. I have no idea why Wenger didn't use him. He would have been a great asset against Blackburn and even against Bradford City.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm

gooney wrote:
Leody wrote:

thats rubbish.......arshavin was told he can leave for free last summer and was offered to several clubs. He refused because he wanted his family to become british citizent. Thats how much he was interested in playing.

Staying because he wanted his family to become citizens doesn't show me he was interested in playing, in fact the exact opposite. Besides, regardless of what he says, actions speak louder than words, and his actions on the pitch show me he's either lazy or just doesn't give a f**k.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
gooney wrote:
Leody wrote:

Staying because he wanted his family to become citizens doesn't show me he was interested in playing, in fact the exact opposite. Besides, regardless of what he says, actions speak louder than words, and his actions on the pitch show me he's either lazy or just doesn't give a f**k.

If he cared about playing he would have taken the loan offer to Reading this January. He doesn't give a toss about playing, he just wants his fat pay packet. It was only a move about 50 miles down the road.

And his family could have still become citizens.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:35 pm

Rosicky's been given chances lately so I don't see why Arshavin shouldn't, and the little chubster's always been good coming off the bench.

I've never been a big fan of his, but he showed some real intent when he was given the nod in the playmaker role in the League cup.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Next

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin