Wenger - I don't want to lose Arshavin

Re: Wenger - I don't want to lose Arshavin

Postby Leody » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 pm

I was just pointing out that your logic was flawed, don't take offense. By that same logic, technically, Ryo, Denilson, Manonne, Bendtner, Lansbury, Aneke, Vela and Wellington Silva aren't Arsenal players...

Arshavin has likely played his last match for us yes, but he is still an Arsenal player.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Leody wrote:I was just pointing out that your logic was flawed, don't take offense. By that same logic, technically, Ryo, Denilson, Manonne, Bendtner, Lansbury, Aneke, Vela and Wellington Silva aren't Arsenal players...

Arshavin has likely played his last match for us yes, but he is still an Arsenal player.

I'm not taking offence but my logic's not exactly flawed mate lol. If anything my 'assumption/guess/logic' w/e you wanna call it actually makes a lot of sense.

We are shelving out partial wages for every player you've just mentioned... We aren't, for Arsh.

Plus they paid us a £1m sum on top of paying his wages, in their entirety.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Whatever you say chief... technically you're just choosing to ignore the fact that Arsenal still retains all rights to his contract. We're just not signing his paycheck for the next few weeks.

And you know all the wage agreements for all those other loan deals? Because I'd bet many of them we're not paying a dime of either.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Leody wrote:Whatever you say chief... technically you're just choosing to ignore the fact that Arsenal still retains all rights to his contract. We're just not signing his paycheck for the next few weeks.

And you know all the wage agreements for all those other loan deals? Because I'd bet many of them we're not paying a dime of either.

Actually we are... Someone posted something about it, not sure if it's off Swiss Ramble, AST or elsewhere - But I recall the "Argument" being bought up that some of us bitch about City doing it, yet we do the same thing or something to that effect.

I'm not ignoring that. He's an Arsenal player "on paper". But the minute he walked out of the door last week, he effectively ceased to be a Gunner anymore, that's all I'm saying.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Arshavin is gone because he can no longer play at premiership level with his pace and stamina gone. Its no fault to him, hes done his service, but he is at Zenit because he can't do it at Arsenal anymore, if he could he would be on the bench ATLEAST. What player in their right mind would turn down top four football in the premier league if they were good enough to start. He simply isn't anymore and best of luck to him at Zenit.
Last edited by mg86 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:05 pm

So like I said, in jest from the very beginning... he's technically just as much an Arsenal player as he isn't...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Leody wrote:So like I said, in jest from the very beginning... he's technically just as much an Arsenal player as he isn't...

:doh:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:11 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
Leody wrote:So like I said, in jest from the very beginning... he's technically just as much an Arsenal player as he isn't...

:doh:

This argument is stupid, he won't return after tasting Russian football again because he will have Gervinho, Walcott, Chamberlain and Ryo to beat out if he comes back. Waste of time.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:20 pm

It's not even an argument, I was being a smartass from the very beginning. :dontknow:

He just felt the need to point out he thought I was wrong.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trequartista » Thu May 03, 2012 4:10 pm

He's been banging them in for Zentit recently, 3 goals in 4 games, presumably playing as a SS as he should be. He should just see out his career in Russia tbh, he still has a couple of seasons to rebuild his reputation somewhat.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu May 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Arshavin: Leaving was right decision

Arsenal news: Andrei Arshavin believes his loan departure from Emirates Stadium was the right move

Andrei Arshavin believes moving back to Russia was the correct decision and admitted he does not know if he has a future at parent club Arsenal.

The Russia captain left Emirates Stadium in February to join former club Zenit St Petersburg on loan after losing form and falling out of favour with Gunners manager Arsene Wenger.

Arshavin revealed he would not be making any decisions over his future until after Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine, where he is expected to continue captaining the Russian side, and admits performances in the tournament could be a factor in whether he stays with Arsenal or not.

“I haven't yet thought about (my future). Everything will be decided after the European Championship,” he told Russian newspaper Sport Express.

“Of course, the result and quality of play there could affect my destiny.”

The 30-year-old had experienced an indifferent year before making the loan move, he was criticised by fans for poor form and many believed he was not working hard enough.

Wenger initially kept faith with the diminutive forward but Arshvin was soon resigned to a substitutes role, playing second fiddle to Theo Walcott and new signing Gervinho.

Arshavin feels that the situation at the Gunners makes his loan move the correct decision.

“Without a doubt it was the right decision," he added.

“There are many reasons why. First of all, I am now playing, and that is paramount for any player as training is no substitute for matches.

“Second, I have returned to my hometown. Third, Zenit have done everything to make me feel comfortable and my thoughts are now only focused on football.”

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-l ... t-decision
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Thu May 03, 2012 8:51 pm

,glad he is enjoying it hope he stays there.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin