Wenger - Arshavin has a fantastic attitude

Wenger - Arshavin has a fantastic attitude

Postby Trina » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Andrey Arshavin has been great for Arsenal, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Russian playmaker has shown glimpses of his best form in recent weeks, not least when he came off the bench against Sunderland last weekend and almost scored with a sensational solo run.

Arshavin has perhaps never scaled the heights he reached in his opening months in an Arsenal shirt when he famously scored four times at Anfield. But Wenger has no regrets over signing the 30-year-old.

"You would not be surprised that I disagree with that [criticism of Arshavin]," said the Frenchman. "That is opinion. I think he has been great for us and he will still be great in the coming months.

"He is a great player and you have to give him credit for that. He stands up for his performances. I personally respect him highly and I think he's a great player.

"He works through it [poor form] by keeping his focus in training and what he does well. I like Andrey because he has a great attitude. It was a difficult game for him on Wednesday and for all the players who played up front because Marseille defended, they played for a point.

"There was not a lot of space for the strikers and as long as you don't find an opening they will not come out, and that is what happened in the game."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... c-attitude
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Wenger - Arshavin has a fantastic attitude

Postby Est83 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Between the lines: "I like Arshavin because even though he's been playing shit for two season, he still tries... everyone loves a try-hard!"

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin