Arshavin bemoans sales

Re: Arshavin bemoans sales

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 pm

So he answers a question honestly and you rip into his form?

Losing Nasri and Fabregas has been catastrophic for the club and not replacing them even worse. So he is right at the end of the day.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:35 pm

GunnGunn wrote:So he answers a question honestly and you rip into his form?

Losing Nasri and Fabregas has been catastrophic for the club and not replacing them even worse. So he is right at the end of the day.

Every Arsenal fan agrees that Losing Nasri and Fabregas has been catastrophic for the club . Every Arsenal fan also
agrees that Arshavin has been in woeful form since eons now . I am not saying he shouldn't be responding to
questions but Arshavin's form and work rate has been a major issue to our club since a long time now . The fact that
he looks disinterested in most of the games he is involved in , irrtates the fans further . Arshavin could have been the
player to take Nasri's place had he maintained his form and work rate but it seems like he is least bothered about it.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:43 pm

GunnGunn wrote:So he answers a question honestly and you rip into his form?

I would say the loss of Fabergas and Nasri is being so overly hyped by the media and Arsenal fans its pathetic. Fabregas hardly featured for us last season and Nasri dropped off the map in the second half of the season. The two were off form or not even playing during signifcant spells of the season and yet we still played awesome up until the Birmingham defeat in the final. Last season though was a collective effort and the result of several players stepping up, notably, Djourou Wilshere and Walcott. Of course Fabregas cannot be replaced, but he himself admitted Wilshere his successor and up for it. The Nasri void needed to be filled, and that is a completely seperate issue of whether Arteta or Benayoun will fill that void adequately.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Hardly featured and yet still had 17 assists, more than pretty much any other player in Europe, he also scored 9 goals.

Nasri scored 15 goals.

Yeah...Pathetic to think that losing the best playmaker in the World and one of the best midfielders in the World, WOULDN'T be catastrophic for a club that tried to replace them with a LOAN signing from Chelsea and a geriatric, injury prone Barcelona reject.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:54 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Hardly featured and yet still had 17 assists, more than pretty much any other player in Europe, he also scored 9 goals.

Nasri scored 15 goals.

Yeah...Pathetic to think that losing the best playmaker in the World and one of the best midfielders in the World, WOULDN'T be catastrophic for a club that tried to replace them with a LOAN signing from Chelsea and a geriatric, injury prone Barcelona reject.

Geriatric!? He's 29!
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:00 pm

You add the fact that he no longer has the legs for the job due to his knee injuries and you may as well add 5 years to his playing age.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:00 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Hardly featured and yet still had 17 assists, more than pretty much any other player in Europe, he also scored 9 goals.

Nasri scored 15 goals.

Not to shabby for the best midfielder in the league, and a reason I said someone can't just be bought and slotted in for him like nothing happened. But Wilshere is up for it in my opinion, unless you disagree? Nasri as I said is a seperate issue. I think Wilshere was our most important player and Vermaelen and Fabregas' absences were the reason we didn't get the points to win the league. Squad depth and playing several compitions could be the other.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:03 pm

I don't think you are up on current events mate - Wilshere is out for 3 months. By the the time he actually starts playing again, it will be on or just after Christmas.

And no, Wilshere is not upto replacing the best playmaker in the World, not now at least.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:08 pm

GunnGunn wrote:I don't think you are up on current events mate - Wilshere is out for 3 months. By the the time he actually starts playing again, it will be on or just after Christmas.

And no, Wilshere is not upto replacing the best playmaker in the World, not now at least.

He featured pre-season, so was expected to be the player to "fill the void". Whether or not we should have bought someone when he was injured before the close of the window is another matter. Of course I know he is injured, he is probably my favorite player now at the club.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Previous

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin