Zenit want Arshavin

Re: Zenit want Arshavin

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:00 pm

:hello:

(Keep him, though, if we can't get a quality replacement)
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:04 pm

gzagee wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:I'd keep him to be honest, something I wouldn't have said earlier this season. He may not be at his best but he certainly seems to be trying to fight through it. I have seen him put in a lot more effort at both ends of the field recently. Maybe its just temporary or maybe a light bulb went off.
I still think he can be a very useful player though.

I'd keep him too, but if we can get someone like Hazard then I'd take £8-10m for Shava.

I'd like to see AAs replacement before he goes, I can see him fighting a bit more now as he gets back a lot more than he used to, he seems like he wants it, but he has until the rest of this season to fight for it a bit more, I believe he can be a really good player he needs to keep fighting, look at Valencia for United he took his chance and fought for a place and is now playing most games.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:09 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:
gzagee wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:I'd keep him to be honest, something I wouldn't have said earlier this season. He may not be at his best but he certainly seems to be trying to fight through it. I have seen him put in a lot more effort at both ends of the field recently. Maybe its just temporary or maybe a light bulb went off.
I still think he can be a very useful player though.

I'd keep him too, but if we can get someone like Hazard then I'd take £8-10m for Shava.

I'd like to see AAs replacement before he goes, I can see him fighting a bit more now as he gets back a lot more than he used to, he seems like he wants it, but he has until the rest of this season to fight for it a bit more, I believe he can be a really good player he needs to keep fighting, look at Valencia for United he took his chance and fought for a place and is now playing most games.

You cannot compare Shava with Valencia. They are completely different personalities.
Valencia is a disciplined workhorse type of winger. Follows instructions and has a good engine.
Shava is an enigma. Doesn't do anything for 89mins (well 59mns because he's still so unfit) and then does the extraordinary in a blink of an eye.
Shava infuriates the fans because he has it in him but, cannot be relied upon to produce all game or week-in-week-out.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Their personalities are irrelavant, Valencia is a winger who worked incredibly hard to force a few starts in Uniteds XI and Arshavin has the potential to do the same, form is temporary class is permanent.

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:43 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:Their personalities are irrelavant, Valencia is a winger who worked incredibly hard to force a few starts in Uniteds XI and Arshavin has the potential to do the same, form is temporary class is permanent.

Their personalities say everything about how they play on the pitch. I've just provided you with an assessment.
And how can you say Shava has 'potential'???? He's 29. I think you're getting caught up in Wenger talk.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Jay22 wrote:Shava and Berbatov is a better comparision, even though they play in different roles.

Good comparison. On their game both can be breathtaking but a lot of the time they look like they can't be arsed.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:10 pm

gzagee wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:Their personalities are irrelavant, Valencia is a winger who worked incredibly hard to force a few starts in Uniteds XI and Arshavin has the potential to do the same, form is temporary class is permanent.

Their personalities say everything about how they play on the pitch. I've just provided you with an assessment.
And how can you say Shava has 'potential'???? He's 29. I think you're getting caught up in Wenger talk.

I'm not comparing the two on the pitch i'm just saying he can be fight for a place in the XI like Valencia has done, they're different players I know that and I'm not saying has the potential to be a future star i'm saying he has the potential to fight his bad form and get in the starting XI, he can do that, but has been recently not showing us the Arshavin that blossomed a couple of years ago, we've seen him on the top of his game and I don't think he's lost that, the one player that sits on our bench that you think could really make a difference is Arshavin.

JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Valencia basically started with United from the moment he was bought didn't he, or am I missing something? The only people questioning him was the media because they were talking about him as Nancy's replacement.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Valencia didn't, United played 4-4-2 when Valencia first arrived with Nani on one side and Giggs on the other, he was only really used for squad rotation and as a sub, the past few games he has started and he's been playing with confidence, Arshavin can break into our squad they'res no doubt about it, he can do it!

JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm lost now, Giggs hasn't played as a wide player for quite a while that I can remember.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:30 pm

I thought Valencia started right away as well.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:38 pm

This is back in 2007, Giggs played on the left with Nani on the right if I can remember rightly and Valencia was on the bench (most of the time) Valencia came back from a long term injury a couple of months ago and was a bit like Arshavin is now, a bit shakey but he shook off all of that and is now becoming a regular, that's what I can remember anyway???

JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:38 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:Valencia didn't, United played 4-4-2 when Valencia first arrived with Nani on one side and Giggs on the other, he was only really used for squad rotation and as a sub, the past few games he has started and he's been playing with confidence, Arshavin can break into our squad they'res no doubt about it, he can do it!

You are mistaken about Valencia, he started 34 EPL games in his first season at ManU, started 9 CL. That was 2009/10.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:39 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:This is back in 2007, Giggs played on the left with Nani on the right if I can remember rightly and Valencia was on the bench (most of the time) Valencia came back from a long term injury a couple of months ago and was a bit like Arshavin is now, a bit shakey but he shook off all of that and is now becoming a regular, that's what I can remember anyway???

Valencia didn't play for Utd then. :doh:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:This is back in 2007, Giggs played on the left with Nani on the right if I can remember rightly and Valencia was on the bench (most of the time) Valencia came back from a long term injury a couple of months ago and was a bit like Arshavin is now, a bit shakey but he shook off all of that and is now becoming a regular, that's what I can remember anyway???

Valencia didn't play for Utd then. :doh:

:rofll: :rofll:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin