Zenit want Arshavin

Re: Zenit want Arshavin

Postby gzagee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:41 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:This is back in 2007, Giggs played on the left with Nani on the right if I can remember rightly and Valencia was on the bench (most of the time) Valencia came back from a long term injury a couple of months ago and was a bit like Arshavin is now, a bit shakey but he shook off all of that and is now becoming a regular, that's what I can remember anyway???

Dude, you're confusing yourself. Valencia wasn't at ManU in 2007, he was a Wigan player until Fergie signed him in Summer 2009.

I think you need to pause and do some research before you make your assertions.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Popey » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:45 pm

no, keep him

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:46 pm

You are only a nipper Jordan and we are just having a poke at you. But you have to realise its an internet forum, and man if you make a stat mistake believe me the wolves will pounce.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby maslo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:48 pm

i cant see why there is an argument over when and where valencia played for manu? anyway valencia works hard, is young and is talented, arshavin is lazy (he has said himself) and going on 30, he wont work to get back in the team again, he will only return to form if there is an injury crisis at our club or if he moves elsewhere, either way i can;t see it happening.
would like to see him stay though, think he has been played out of position he shoudltn be expected to defend really his best work in his career has been more as a number 10. so its not wonder he leaves the ridiculous gaps in the team when we are defending
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:You are only a nipper Jordan and we are just having a poke at you. But you have to realise its an internet forum, and man if you make a stat mistake believe me the wolves will pounce.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:17 pm

It's not relevant the year he signed, I'm just trying to say, Arshavin and Valencia are both wingers and recently Valencia has broke into the first team from the bench and I think Arshavin can do the same.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:24 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:It's not relevant the year he signed, I'm just trying to say, Arshavin and Valencia are both wingers and recently Valencia has broke into the first team from the bench and I think Arshavin can do the same.

I give up.....
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:06 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:It's not relevant the year he signed, I'm just trying to say, Arshavin and Valencia are both wingers and recently Valencia has broke into the first team from the bench and I think Arshavin can do the same.

LOL.

He did not "recently" break into the first team. He played almost every game before he got injured. He had a horrendous leg break and has come back as if he was never away.

Seriously Jordan, there is absolutely no comparison between Shava and Valencia apart for fact they both play on the wing. They are completely different players, and have completely different attitudes.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Yes but when Valencia came back he was not picked consecutively until now when he fought his way back into the team if Valencia can do it surely so can Arshavin?

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:47 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:Yes but when Valencia came back he was not picked consecutively until now when he fought his way back into the team if Valencia can do it surely so can Arshavin?

AA has been played out of position for the whole time he'd been here. Hes traditionally always played up the middle for Zenit, hes not used to being on the wing where you have a whole other level of fitness thats required to make it. Valencia is used to that work rate, AA will never be like that.

We bought him at an age where its harder for him to re adjust his fitness levels like that.

I trully recon we're better off selling him and using the money to buy Hazard
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:05 pm

^

Stop, please.

He has not been played out of position, he said himself, that his position in a 4-3-3 is a LW and an SS in a 4-4-2.

Its complete and utter cods that he is being played out of position.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:08 pm

I have been in favor of selling him in the past.

But its also hard for me to advocate selling him after remembering 08/09 and some of this past season. Regarldess, it would be major blow to our depth unless a starting 11 LM, LW was brought in.
Last edited by mg86 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:10 pm

He's the only player that sits on our bench that can make an impact.
Last edited by JordanTheGunner on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby mg86 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:11 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:He's the only player that sits on our bench that you can make an impact.

Him and Bendy (played in position) are the only two, but yes I agree.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Dejan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:11 pm

And eboue.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(