Zenit want Arshavin

Re: Zenit want Arshavin

Postby Zedie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:37 pm

GunnGunn wrote:^

Stop, please.

He has not been played out of position, he said himself, that his position in a 4-3-3 is a LW and an SS in a 4-4-2.

Its complete and utter cods that he is being played out of position.

I thought he always played down the middle for Russia and Zenit. He may have deluded himself into thinking the above, but i havent seen a lack of an engine like that from any other than a keeper since Andy Reid.

No stamina, no wing play. We need players fit enough to play our fast break game and not pass out after 5 minutes of tracking back.

Arsh will never have the engine needed...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:41 pm

He didnt need to defend for Zenit so playing him in his position yes but his duties have changed.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Zedie wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:^

Stop, please.

He has not been played out of position, he said himself, that his position in a 4-3-3 is a LW and an SS in a 4-4-2.

Its complete and utter cods that he is being played out of position.

I thought he always played down the middle for Russia and Zenit. He may have deluded himself into thinking the above, but i havent seen a lack of an engine like that from any other than a keeper since Andy Reid.

No stamina, no wing play. We need players fit enough to play our fast break game and not pass out after 5 minutes of tracking back.

Arsh will never have the engine needed...

He played where he does now in the latter stages of his Zenit career and largely for Russia when they were playing a 4-3-3.

He didn't delude himself, both teams just play very different 4-3-3 formations to us, we do not play a 4-3-3, we play a glorified 4-5-1, so he is essentially playing as a winger, as aposed to a LWF.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:58 pm

mg86 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:He's the only player that sits on our bench that you can make an impact.

Him and Bendy (played in position) are the only two, but yes I agree.

+1

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Goose » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:06 pm

GunnGunn wrote:More like Overmars and Ljungberg.

Either way, all three of them were powerful runners, i do not subscribe to this Nasri is like Pires bullshit, yes, they may share attributes but they are entirely different.

Pires was a LW, loved playing there, and played in that position for nearly his entire career, Nasri does not enjoy playing on the left, he is pining after a spot in the centre.

The most successful Arsenal sides under AW have been built on power, pace, classic counter attacking and clinical finishing, it was winning formula that never should have been changed.

Exactly, Nasri's best games have been when he has drifted in from the wing and ended up in the centre, goals vs Spurs home and away, vs Man City, vs Fulham and setting Arshavin for the winner vs Barca

There is no point sticking him on the wing because he is not a creator like Nani or Valencia, he wont deliver a killer cross from the wing

We need proper tricky, powerful and fast wingers that can deliver a ball into the box that can make defenders shit themselves and if we had fast wingers we could play Theo upfront and our counter attacks would be deadly

There is a serious lack of pace in our team and when we counter attack, our opponents always manage to get 10 players back behind the ball before we even reach their box

Then we pass to Clichy or Sagna to cross into the box, when RvP is there all by himself and the ball never reaches him
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:49 am

Popey wrote:
mg86 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:He's the only player that sits on our bench that you can make an impact.

+1

Ditto.
...........Whats happened to Rosicky, though :think: ? I haven't seen or heard from him in quite some time.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Est83 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:16 am

Gunner11 wrote:
Popey wrote:
mg86 wrote:

+1

Ditto.
...........Whats happened to Rosicky, though :think: ? I haven't seen or heard from him in quite some time.

He hasn't even rang to let you know where he is!?!?! That's not like him... I'm really worried now!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:22 am

Est83 wrote:
Gunner11 wrote:
Popey wrote:
mg86 wrote:

+1

Ditto.

He hasn't even rang to let you know where he is!?!?! That's not like him... I'm really worried now!

Didn't you know. He has me on speed dial :lol:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Previous

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin