Shava Is Back!!!!

Re: Shava Is Back!!!!

Postby Leody » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:50 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
Leody wrote:I don't think Arshavin even had a touch for the first 10mins he was on the pitch. Go back and watch it again if you don't believe me... :dontknow:

His first touch on the ball from what I recall, was a struggle & decent tackle which he won :think:

Leody is right.

How? His first touch was a tackle which he won and it was well before 10 min's.

He tried to win the ball from Pique and failed.

I watched the re-run of the game today on ITV4.

I may not have been 100% exactly right on the timing. I just remember making note of when he came on, hoping he'd change the flow having come on for Song, and then looking at my brother about 10mins later and asking if he had even had a touch yet and neither of could remember a single one. He undoubtedly took awhile to get into the game.

Edit: The best way to sum up the performance is really, Arshavin doing what Arshavin does. He really wasn't all that involved, but then he popped up with a huge goal. Had he not gotten the goal his night would have gone unnoticed. Much like many of his other games. He'll be unnoticeable for 75mins then pop up with an assist or a goal. He's been that way for ages, and really little has changed, but thanks to the timing people are praising him for exactly what they were criticizing him for a week ago.

That's what I find puzzling.
Last edited by Leody on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gzagee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Wait- is this what it has come to??? A dispute as to when he actually first touched the ball???? :dizzy:

I mean- SERIOUSLY?!?!? :BangHead:

What happened to just an acknowledgement that he contributed to getting us the win?

Is it that hard to admit, even for those who think he's not worth a place?

Jheeeeeeeez :rolleyes:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:58 pm

gzagee wrote:Wait- is this what it has come to??? A dispute as to when he actually first touched the ball???? :dizzy:

What happened to just an acknowledgement that he contributed to getting us the win?

Some people just like to argue, don't matter what its about. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Jay22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
gzagee wrote:Wait- is this what it has come to??? A dispute as to when he actually first touched the ball???? :dizzy:

So true! ;)

Sometimes i despair.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Leody » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Jay22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

So true! ;)

This forum would have 1/20th the posts it does if people were always in agreement on everything and never talked about differences.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Jay22 wrote:
Leody wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

So true! ;)

This forum would have 1/20th the posts it does if people were always in agreement on everything and never talked about differences.

No one said you can't argue, it's just what you argue about which raised this question.

OMG Stop arguing about what I'm arguing about!!!11!!ONE!! :hiding: :lol:

I honestly don't care at all when he got his first touch. I shouldn't have used an exact time, but I just knew from watching the match that it took him awhile to get involved. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Like I added to my previous post. His match wasn't much different than many he's had before, where he did little apart from score a goal or have an assist. The same thing he's been criticized for, but now he's praised for it, because it was a winner against Barca.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:23 pm

The main thing is that Wenger benched him and if he wants back in he is going to have to make waves again. He wasn't brilliant when he came on but he looked better than he has been and he had his hollywood moment for which all fans are grateful. Hopefully he will get the confidence and desire to do more for the team, if it doesn't work out like that then he will stay on the bench. A warning to every player really, our record signing being benched.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby shamrock11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Leody wrote:
shamrock11 wrote:Look Leody the reason i only posted the thread after the barca game is because that has been his fifth good performance in a row which pretty much means he has got his form back or is very very close to it

I'm only questioning why the praise just happens to coincide with an average performance against a great team, when I feel he's honestly had better is all. It was in no way any sort of personal attack or criticism of you, so please don't think that was my intention.

People tend to get far too emotionally wrapped up in the moment and lose sight of the bigger picture. If you really thought it was a good time to mention his string of performances than fair play, we're in agreement. He's been playing very well in the substitute role. But I just find the massive praise that people are throwing his way after Tuesday to be oddly timed. :dontknow:

no i never even thought you were having a personal attack on me i was just saying not to think i posted the thread just because of wednesday night because imo he has been playing for a few games now and is working harder
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby dills » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:30 pm

For those that are interested, his first touch was on 76:30 after coming on 8 and a half minutes earlier, he received the ball from Kos and played a one touch pass to Jack.
dills
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Leody » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Again, Rev proves to be a more elegant wordsmith than I. :hail:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:32 pm

dills wrote:For those that are interested, his first touch was on 76:30 after coming on 8 and a half minutes earlier, he received the ball from Kos and played a one touch pass to Jack.

:rofll:

Look out starmandb, you've got company! :lol:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby shamrock11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:34 pm

ok its settled the argument is over so whoever said it was about 10 mins before he got a touch u are right so please do not start complaining either
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:37 pm

shamrock11 wrote:ok its settled the argument is over so whoever said it was about 10 mins before he got a touch u are right so please do not start complaining either

I was the one that brought it up... unwittingly.

Never meant to make it a point of contention, I only said it to emphasize his slow start, and what I thought was an average performance. Capitalized with a Hollywood ending.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:38 pm

GunnGunn wrote:He tried to win the ball from Pique and failed.

I watched the re-run of the game today on ITV4.

Okay my bad, I thought he won it; clearly the excitement of the game as a whole confuffled me.

He still 'touched' the ball though so technically his first touch wasn't 8 minutes later ;)
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Uh no?

That's called a discussion?
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin