Shava Is Back!!!!

Re: Shava Is Back!!!!

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:40 pm

shamrock11 wrote:ok its settled the argument is over so whoever said it was about 10 mins before he got a touch u are right so please do not start complaining either

Please point out where there was an argument about it? :think: :dizzy:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby shamrock11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:44 pm

you were posting different views and trying to prove you were right thats an argument to me an argument doesnt its to people getting angry with each other it can be a civilised discussion and we can all get along which you were doing
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:45 pm

shamrock11 wrote:you were posting different views and trying to prove you were right thats an argument to me an argument doesnt its to people getting angry with each other it can be a civilised discussion and we can all get along which you were doing

I wasn't arguing, mate... I was [wrongly] quite sure he had won the tackle and said so. Hence the thinking smiley; I never said Leody was dead wrong - I was bringing it up for discussion *just in case* Leody had missed it.

I was proven wrong anyway so it makes no difference lol.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby shamrock11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:47 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
shamrock11 wrote:you were posting different views and trying to prove you were right thats an argument to me an argument doesnt its to people getting angry with each other it can be a civilised discussion and we can all get along which you were doing

I wasn't arguing, mate... I was [wrongly] quite sure he had won the tackle and said so. Hence the thinking smiley; I never said Leody was dead wrong - I was bringing it up for discussion *just in case* Leody had missed it.

I was proven wrong anyway so it makes no difference lol.

ok see i think we have a different definition of an argument
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Can we please not argue about what an argument is... :pray: :lol:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gzagee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Leody wrote:Can we please not argue about what an argument is... :pray: :lol:

:lipssealed: :lol:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby shamrock11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 pm

:lol: i was thinking the same thing
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ProudGooner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Leody wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
Leody wrote:I highly, highly doubt that TV will be in the squad for the 2nd leg.

Even if he were fully fit, I would not want him playing ahead of Djouru or Kos anyway. He will just be coming back after about 6 months out, and playing at Barca isn't exactly a good idea for one of his first handful of games during his return.

On topic, I agree 100% with GG. Let's not go overboard about last night. He came on and he scored, something he's already done against Everton... what makes this any different? Just because it was Barca? It's a bit more emotional sure, but really it's just another step on the journey.

Come on Leody, the goal he scored against Everton was the equaliser and the one against Barca was the winning goal, what more you want? Also, his work rate has been really really good lately. He didn't scored against Wolves, but I thought he was pretty good in that game.

Point being, why does this one all the sudden mark his return when the previous efforts he's made have all be shrugged off?

He has been playing well for weeks, why is it just now being noticed? Why say now he's "returned"? Just because it was a winning goal against Barca? Does he now warrant a starting position?

Last night imho wasn't even his best match, or his best effort in the last few weeks. Had the best results though.

I still maintain that he should be used as a super sub and a spot starter when the squad is rotated or there is an injury. He seems to play much better when he's only on for 20-30mins and is up against tired legs. He's able to put in a high level of effort for his entire performance, something we've not seen him do as a starter playing the full 90.

Sorry I'm not bipolar like everybody else on this forum seems to be at times. The majority in this community could be easily mistaken for hormonal teenage girls with the mood swings they have.

I agree with ya. He was the same lazy self. Just cause he scored a goal its ok and he is back for the doubters.

I never had a problem with his laziness cause I understand his role. It doesnt involve running around like a headless chicken up and down. Its almost as if he has to score a goal a game to justify his laziness to the doubters.

For me he has been good this season upto the Wigan game, where he inexplicably got most of the blame when he scored and created one. Look the point here is not whether he should have gotton any blame for the draw. Fine blame him for his mistakes but I had a problem with the fact he got MOST of the blame more than anyone else. I never understood that. Since then his confidence was down and his form suffered and he was so shit in the games that followed.

Then after a few games his form started to pick up because Arsenal fans realised they had been harsh on him and stopped giving him a lot of grief.

I just found the whole picking on arshavin very illogical a bit like how everyone suddenly decided to pick on Eduardo for that dive, or how everyone suddenly has gone nuts over the flamini tackle or like they did on the gallas tacke on mark davies last year.
Last edited by ProudGooner on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Being funny again PG2? :think:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ProudGooner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Est83 wrote:Being funny again PG2? :think:

No this time im serious. Sorry to confuse you.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby shamrock11 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:25 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
Leody wrote:I highly, highly doubt that TV will be in the squad for the 2nd leg.

Even if he were fully fit, I would not want him playing ahead of Djouru or Kos anyway. He will just be coming back after about 6 months out, and playing at Barca isn't exactly a good idea for one of his first handful of games during his return.

On topic, I agree 100% with GG. Let's not go overboard about last night. He came on and he scored, something he's already done against Everton... what makes this any different? Just because it was Barca? It's a bit more emotional sure, but really it's just another step on the journey.

Come on Leody, the goal he scored against Everton was the equaliser and the one against Barca was the winning goal, what more you want? Also, his work rate has been really really good lately. He didn't scored against Wolves, but I thought he was pretty good in that game.

Point being, why does this one all the sudden mark his return when the previous efforts he's made have all be shrugged off?

He has been playing well for weeks, why is it just now being noticed? Why say now he's "returned"? Just because it was a winning goal against Barca? Does he now warrant a starting position?

Last night imho wasn't even his best match, or his best effort in the last few weeks. Had the best results though.

I still maintain that he should be used as a super sub and a spot starter when the squad is rotated or there is an injury. He seems to play much better when he's only on for 20-30mins and is up against tired legs. He's able to put in a high level of effort for his entire performance, something we've not seen him do as a starter playing the full 90.

Sorry I'm not bipolar like everybody else on this forum seems to be at times. The majority in this community could be easily mistaken for hormonal teenage girls with the mood swings they have.

I agree with ya. He was the same lazy self. Just cause he scored a goal its ok and he is back for the doubters.

I never had a problem with his laziness cause I understand his role. It doesnt involve running around like a headless chicken up and down. Its almost as if he has to score a goal a game to justify his laziness to the doubters.

For me he has been good this season upto the Wigan game, where he inexplicably got most of the blame when he scored and created one. Look the point here is not whether he should have gotton any blame for the draw. Fine blame him for his mistakes but I had a problem with the fact he got MOST of the blame more than anyone else. I never understood that. Since then his confidence was down and his form suffered and he was so shit in the games that followed.

Then after a few games his form started to pick up because Arsenal fans realised they had been harsh on him and stopped giving him a lot of grief.

I just found the whole picking on arshavin very illogical a bit like how everyone suddenly decided to pick on Eduardo for that dive, or how everyone suddenly has gone nuts over the flamini tackle or like they did on the gallas tacke on mark davies last year.

but the thing thats good lately is he is involved most of the time where as before he would drift in and out of the game whenever he felt like it but still did make an impact
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Shava Is Back!!!!

Postby Cheese » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:23 pm

When Henry had several shit games or under preformed it was okay. In my opinion, Arshavin is very much like Henry in that he would do f**k all for 90 minutes and then bam, score a winning goal.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby shamrock11 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Cheese wrote:When Henry had several shit games or under preformed it was okay. In my opinion, Arshavin is very much like Henry in that he would do f**k all for 90 minutes and then bam, score a winning goal.

i dont think so myself that they are similar henry usually did something special in every game nearly
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Shava Is Back!!!!

Postby Cheese » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:33 pm

shamrock11 wrote:
Cheese wrote:When Henry had several shit games or under preformed it was okay. In my opinion, Arshavin is very much like Henry in that he would do f**k all for 90 minutes and then bam, score a winning goal.

i dont think so myself that they are similar henry usually did something special in every game nearly

Don't get me wrong, Shava isn't in the same league as Henry at he's peak. But like Henry, he can do f**k all then all of a sudden puts the ball in the back of the net!
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby shamrock11 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:40 pm

Cheese wrote:
shamrock11 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, Shava isn't in the same league as Henry at he's peak. But like Henry, he can do f**k all then all of a sudden puts the ball in the back of the net!

sorry my bad i misread the post
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin