Shava Is Back!!!!

Re: Shava Is Back!!!!

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Cheese wrote:
shamrock11 wrote:
Cheese wrote:When Henry had several shit games or under preformed it was okay. In my opinion, Arshavin is very much like Henry in that he would do f**k all for 90 minutes and then bam, score a winning goal.

i dont think so myself that they are similar henry usually did something special in every game nearly

Don't get me wrong, Shava isn't in the same league as Henry at he's peak. But like Henry, he can do f**k all then all of a sudden puts the ball in the back of the net!

Very rarely did Henry just do "fuckall". He was a machine, pretty much unmatched for pace and he used it well and often.

Comparing them is a bit silly IMO, now comparing Arsh and Ibra?...Two players who epitomise doing nothing all game and then popping up with a winner.

Although Arshavin does better when he is running and generally being a pest.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby shamrock11 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:50 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
Cheese wrote:
shamrock11 wrote:
Cheese wrote:When Henry had several shit games or under preformed it was okay. In my opinion, Arshavin is very much like Henry in that he would do f**k all for 90 minutes and then bam, score a winning goal.

i dont think so myself that they are similar henry usually did something special in every game nearly

Don't get me wrong, Shava isn't in the same league as Henry at he's peak. But like Henry, he can do f**k all then all of a sudden puts the ball in the back of the net!

Very rarely did Henry just do "fuckall". He was a machine, pretty much unmatched for pace and he used it well and often.

Comparing them is a bit silly IMO, now comparing Arsh and Ibra?...Two players who epitomise doing nothing all game and then popping up with a winner.

Although Arshavin does better when he is running and generally being a pest.

yeah i never seen that much of henry in his prime just clips cause i was quite young i really thought he was pure quality though from what ive seen and heard
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:06 am

I made the henry comparison too. He also went AWOL in a lot of big games. Infact we use to get a lot of stick from manure fans that he was invisible in big games.

But 1 thing I do know,wenger had told him to stay upfront and dont try to come back too much and waste his energy. He wasnt lazy but it was the way he was told to play.

I remember when we played liverpool at home and we needed to win to keep us in hunt for the fourth spot (when spurs were fourth) he absolutely gave everything in that game and at the end he was knackered.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby shamrock11 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:05 pm

ProudGooner wrote:I made the henry comparison too. He also went AWOL in a lot of big games. Infact we use to get a lot of stick from manure fans that he was invisible in big games.

But 1 thing I do know,wenger had told him to stay upfront and dont try to come back too much and waste his energy. He wasnt lazy but it was the way he was told to play.

I remember when we played liverpool at home and we needed to win to keep us in hunt for the fourth spot (when spurs were fourth) he absolutely gave everything in that game and at the end he was knackered.

to be fair all manure had at the time a dutch bollocks who scored from 2 yards out most of the time kindve like berbatov,and was that the liverpool game where we beat them 2-1 and gerrard gave a back pass straight to henry and he scored
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:14 pm

ProudGooner wrote:I made the henry comparison too. He also went AWOL in a lot of big games. Infact we use to get a lot of stick from manure fans that he was invisible in big games.

I can think of 7 goals Henry has scored against Man Utd and that's off the top of my head
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Massa wrote:

I can think of 7 goals Henry has scored against Man Utd and that's off the top of my head

Or Real Madrid, Inter, Juventus, Liverpool, Chelsea...

For someone who was invisible he certainly done a lot of damage, maybe thats why they couldn't defend against him, because they couldn't see him... :grin:

Invisible or not, Henry was the best striker to ever grace the Prem IMO and his name will go down in history alongside the likes of Pele, Maradona, Zidane etc etc etc.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Might I remind everyone in this argument that he might have just now adjusted to the premier league.

Wenger already discussed how Shava had been forced to change his game. Maybe he finally has been able to culminate his efforts to be direct, in your face and quick. He looks deadly once again in my opinion, but this time he is controlling stuff, not passive. He looks more powerful I guess then when he arrived.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby shamrock11 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:37 pm

i thought his best form was his first 4 months