Arsenal won't win title with me as centre forward

Re: Arsenal won't win title with me as centre forward

Postby NIGooner » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:50 am

Popey wrote:
RobinVanFabregas wrote:If only he would pass as quickly as running his mouth...

funny how some of you react.

he's one of our players with cesc and rosicky who shot on goal and don't pass the ball all the time (I just say Hleb). I hate it when we play like we want to walk with the ball in goal. I love arshavin's style of play and I don't see why he should change it.

I like his style of play as well. I'm not really "reacting" either. Yes, he tells the truth, sometimes he'd be better not telling it to the world though. I believe he should have passed more on Sunday instead of trying to take on the whole Utd defence by himself, that's all. I was just saying if he would have passed on Sunday as quickly as telling us this, it would certainly have done us more good.
NIGooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Goose » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:01 am

"It's easy for the press to make things out. But the third spot we occupy today is already a big success if you look at the class of all the eleven players. Obviously, we'll do our best to win every single game, but class is class."

He is slyly saying some of the team are shit and it is a big success that they are in 3rd place lol
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Popey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:02 pm

RobinVanFabregas wrote:
Popey wrote:

he's one of our players with cesc and rosicky who shot on goal and don't pass the ball all the time (I just say Hleb). I hate it when we play like we want to walk with the ball in goal. I love arshavin's style of play and I don't see why he should change it.

I like his style of play as well. I'm not really "reacting" either. Yes, he tells the truth, sometimes he'd be better not telling it to the world though. I believe he should have passed more on Sunday instead of trying to take on the whole Utd defence by himself, that's all. I was just saying if he would have passed on Sunday as quickly as telling us this, it would certainly have done us more good.

agree with you that against ManU he should have passed the ball one or two times. but overall I prefer arshavin to shot than to pass because he has a awesome shot + he's not the best passer ;)

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Popey wrote:
RobinVanFabregas wrote:
Popey wrote:

agree with you that against ManU he should have passed the ball one or two times. but overall I prefer arshavin to shot than to pass because he has a awesome shot + he's not the best passer ;)

Oh dear.

Arshavin is not renowned for his goalscoring ability, its his assists and general playmaking coupled with his advanced position up field that he is known for.

He has never been a prolific goalscorer.

He is currently playing through the pain because we need him so much, yes, he should have passed, but playing up front, by yourself, its your job to finish moves off, not pass to other people in the hope they will do it for you, this was no doubt part of AW's game plan, give the ball to Arshavin, let him score.

This is what happens when your best striker leaves, is not replaced, then your next best striker gets a season ending injury, then your be2nd best striker is out for 4 months (Bendtner) and your 3rd choice striker turns shit.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooner90 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:04 pm

i was saying that all through jan...... we need a back up striker with similar attrivutes to v persie, would help as we know v persie is likely to be out for a lengthy period and w ehave no one else like him plus would help to change the game like stoke for instance when we're chasing we could attack more and use a 4-4-2
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goose » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:29 pm

gunngunn wrote:
Popey wrote:
RobinVanFabregas wrote:
Popey wrote:

Oh dear.

Arshavin is not renowned for his goalscoring ability, its his assists and general playmaking coupled with his advanced position up field that he is known for.

He is currently playing through the pain because we need him so much, yes, he should have passed, but playing up front, by yourself, its your job to finish moves off, not pass to other people in the hope they will do it for you, this was no doubt part of AW's game plan, give the ball to Arshavin, let him score.

This is what happens when your best striker leaves, is not replaced, then your next best striker gets a season ending injury, then your be2nd best striker is out for 4 months (Bendtner) and your 3rd choice striker turns shit.

TBH, Arshavin should of passed, but when you do all the work, run into space look up and see Nasri, its not exactly confidence inspiring, he would honestly have thought that he had a better chance of scoring.

If we had a proper striker and it was the role of the wingers and midfielders to get the ball to them, he would of passed and we would have scored and maybe taken control of the game.

They scored 1st and Arsenal forgot about defending and went into the 0-0-10 formation looking for a next goal.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Popey » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:54 pm

gunngunn wrote:
Popey wrote:
RobinVanFabregas wrote:
Popey wrote:

Oh dear.

33% of arshavins passes are not reaching the other players at the moment. I think he's one of our best finisher with rosicky and cesc. yes, he missed 2 or 3 big chances against manU but overall arshavin only needs 1 chance to score. and if you compare arshavin to cesc, nasri or ramsey you can see that they have a better passing skill than arshavin.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:33 pm

i would just like to say that andrey is 5ft 8.but that does,nt scan so well with the adebayor song.
i thank you
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:56 pm

where is this arshavin has only had 2 good games this season rubbish come from?
he was a constant nuisence at old trafford,scored a cracker and set up rvp for a chance that should have seen us home and hosed
same v olympicos [h] plus his cheeky back heel
alkmaar[h] bossed the game and set up 3 goals
stoke at home far to clever for lumpy old stoke defence and put us in front.
anybody who wishes injury on a player let alone an arsenal player is the lowest form of pond life.we are the arsenal and we are better than that
starmandb

Re: Arsenal wont win Title with me as Centre Forward

Postby mg86 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:20 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:The midget says true.

Reverend Gooner wrote:I don't think any other player would have the balls to say this. It is great to have a character like this in the squad though and I do share his concerns.

I agree but I bet Wenger absolutely hates it. He's a control freak and wants every one of our players to worship him and owe him their careers..... AA's constant press talk makes me worry that Wenger will want to offload him.

If Wenger does he is a dumbass and should be kicked, that simple. Why can't a player tell Wenger he is in the wrong position? Is Arsenal FC North Korea? About time someone of influence said it, Wenger misplaces several of his players. Further, if he lets Gallas go because of some more of his stupid set in stone policies, he is a dumbass. His inability to sign someone in the transfer window was dumbass and his excuse that his last day, last minute negotiations didn't fall through just means he is a procrastinator and is feeding us more bs. End of Rant :biggrin:
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Previous

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin