Andrei Arshavin Interview Problems

Andrei Arshavin Interview Problems

Postby castano » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:40 pm

I dont care if i get sticked for saying this but I think I have problems with how Arshavin grants his interviews.Sometimes his comments aboutthe club,ambitions or some other clubs gives me a different impression of his off-field personalities.i have to question his commitment if he continues to say things a player like diaby or eboue will be stoned for if they said the same.
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Andrei Arshavin Interview Problems

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:43 pm

He is an open and honest player, and quite frank at times, which makes a change.

This is open to media twisting however.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:43 pm

castano wrote:I dont care if i get sticked for saying this but I think I have problems with how Arshavin grants his interviews.Sometimes his comments aboutthe club,ambitions or some other clubs gives me a different impression of his off-field personalities.i have to question his commitment if he continues to say things a player like diaby or eboue will be stoned for if they said the same.

:rofll: I think you're right

mhmm...It's always difficult to know if it's the true. papers are lieing all the time.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby castano » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:47 pm

i noticed players or coaches who are not fluent in English have these problems not knowing the right words to use during interview so they just "hit it harder" than they should and their words are mostly taken on the suface
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby castano » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:49 pm

gunngunn wrote:He is an open and honest player, and quite frank at times, which makes a change.

if diaby was "honest" like that,you'd be killing him on IMF's thread
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:58 pm

castano wrote:
gunngunn wrote:He is an open and honest player, and quite frank at times, which makes a change.

No i wouldn't because i know how the media can twist a persons words.

Arshavin gave an interview last week that Jay i think posted up, in it he discussed life in London, how he feels about it, he also said in that interview that he felt BOTH Arsenal and Barcelona played beautiful football, and also that he was loving life at the moment, i think he even said he felt Arsenal played the best football.

Then the Daily Mail came along and started saying how he would ''Have loved a move to Tottenham'' yet in the article there was nothing of the sort, it also said that he felt Barcelona played the most beautiful football and made out like he resented Arsenal because they don't play the best football...

Sorry but its bollocks and you have been sucked into it.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby castano » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:06 pm

gunngunn wrote:
castano wrote:

No i wouldn't because i know how the media can twist a persons words.

Arshavin gave an interview last week that Jay i think posted up, in it he discussed life in London, how he feels about it, he also said in that interview that he felt BOTH Arsenal and Barcelona played beautiful football, and also that he was loving life at the moment, i think he even said he felt Arsenal played the best football.

Then the Daily Mail came along and started saying how he would ''Have loved a move to Tottenham'' yet in the article there was nothing of the sort, it also said that he felt Barcelona played the most beautiful football and made out like he resented Arsenal because they don't play the best football...

Sorry but its bollocks and you have been sucked into it.

i know players can be misquoted but how many times will he be 'misquoted'? he grants interview more than any player in the team increasing the chances he'll be 'misquoted'.i know its only a matter of time before he upsets more arsenal fans with his interviews.at that point,only few will be talking about him being misquoted
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fordy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:13 pm

I think you have a good point mate and i know a few Arsenal supporters who i speak to off the board feel the same.
Fordy

Postby StLGooner » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:38 pm

Fordy wrote:I think you have a good point mate and i know a few Arsenal supporters who i speak to off the board feel the same.

Although I love Arshavin, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he left in Jan let alone in the summer. I don't trust his loyalty at all with us. I hope he stays, but I really don't think he'd be loyal to Arsenal if the time comes to make some decisions.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cheese » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:49 pm

He done an interview on the BBC when he first arrived and said he loves Arsenal and loves it here. He also said he though living in London was expensive and the food was not very good, or that he couldn't get used to it. Now every story made about Shava says he's not settled in and not enjoying it here. I've actually only ever heard him say good posistive things about Arsenal.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goose » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Same with Fabregas, anything he says is twisted, recently he has said he will no answer any questions about Barca.

The media has as obsession with making up stories about our players wanting to join Barca, one minute it is Cesc, then its Eboue, then Arshavin, then RvP, who next, the Highbury squirrel?
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Fordy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:04 pm

Goose wrote:Same with Fabregas, anything he says is twisted, recently he has said he will no answer any questions about Barca.

The media has as obsession with making up stories about our players wanting to join Barca, one minute it is Cesc, then its Eboue, then Arshavin, then RvP, who next, the Highbury squirrel?

i understand your point with cesc but he has stayed with arsenal a long time now so credit to the guy and if Arsh is still a gooner in a few years then i will admit i was wrong, if i had to bet my house one way or the other i would put it on him not been a gooner in 12 months time.
Fordy

Postby liam_cork » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:09 pm

barca are desperate for someone out on the left, wouldn't be a shock if it were him
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goose » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:38 pm

I dont see Wenger selling him after has only been with us for a year, especially when he sees Arshavin as one of our best players......
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Fordy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Goose wrote:I dont see Wenger selling him after has only been with us for a year, especially when he sees Arshavin as one of our best players......

and what does wenger do if he asks to leave
Fordy

Next

Return to 23. Andrey Arshavin