Carrier Bag Nazis

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: Carrier Bag Nazis

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:02 pm

I just don't get what goes through their heads. Why just give 2 bags when the customer has a mountain of shopping.

They know that more are needed and they know they will be asked. Why keep the bags out of reach? Why don't the employees just make it easier for themselves and stop being tossers.

I think what they are doing is trying to force people not to use as many carrier bags so at the end of the year they can count how much less they used this year and use that for a PR campaign to try and prove how eco friendly they are! Pricks.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Agree.

It also depends where you go though.

Asda and Sainsbury's are terrible for it, however Morrisons ain't. Morrisons have bags there and just get them without you asking.

Other two make you feel guilty when you ask! Because, like you said, they make it so you have to ask.

When I went to Asda the other morning, I bought 3 because of how she asked and then looked at me when I said I didn't have any. After that, she gave me 2 carrier bags when I asked.... When they were full, she saw!!! Yet carried on put my shopping through the till without giving me anymore bags. I waited a bit and then had no choice but to ask!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby UFGN » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Anyone ever ordered over the internet? Seen how many bags the supermarket uses then? About one for each bloody item! They are so full of shit!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby gzagee » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Anyone ever ordered over the internet? Seen how many bags the supermarket uses then? About one for each bloody item! They are so full of shit!

True, we order over the internet most times nowadays.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Trina » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Anyone ever ordered over the internet? Seen how many bags the supermarket uses then? About one for each bloody item! They are so full of shit!

:clap:

Has been a while since I have, but I have done from Asda and know exactly what your talking about.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:18 pm

I didn't know that UGFN, grrr.

This really really rubs me up the wrong way. What is it to the cashier, what is it to the person doing their job, with a life outside their job, going to such lengths to make you feel guilty about needing carrier bags? What is it to them? Every time the manager has not been there, spying to make sure the cashiers are being arseholes about it. It is all too personal and there is no reason for it.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Fordy wrote:best thing to to do is when they ask if you want a hand with you packing just say well sine i only have 2 bags yes then stand there and watch them and try and do it you will soon get more bags

haha nice one.

I shop all over the place (using the car) never had a prob in Asda, Morrisons, Farm Foods or Sainsburys down here but Tesco's are proper scrooges for bags, Lidl's have always charged for bags so i always got spare carriers in the boot, whether i remember to grab them is another thing though, as said most shopping is done on impulse unless its food shopping.

Primark has gone eco friendly using different strengths of paper carrier bags, so i cant see why the supermarkets cant do the same., and suprisingly i read the other day they have seen their sales increase by 20% guess thats to do with the credit crunch though.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:09 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:.

Primark has gone eco friendly using different strengths of paper carrier bags, so i cant see why the supermarkets cant do the same., and suprisingly i read the other day they have seen their sales increase by 20% guess thats to do with the credit crunch though.

While the paper ones are a good idea I once got caught coming out Pradamark when it started to rain biblical proportions. The bag went the way the animals that never got in the arc did and died a sad death and my £4 tshirt fell to the floor like a poor relative of those in nice cosy plastic bags.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Gooner Girl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:28 pm

I do take reusable bags to the supermarket for a planned shop but i never remember when i go into the town shoppping and i never have any with me if i go to sainsburys spur of the moment...
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Sorry to dig this up again, but I was on my way back from an early shift today, tired, irritable.

Got a few bits from ASDA, went to the self service till (which took ages to actually work,) then looked round to see.... no f***ing bags.

I go to the geeza there, wheres the bags mate? He points to a rack of stupid ones you have to buy...far to big etc.

I just muttered "bollocks" and walked out, leaving everything behind. I hadnt paid yet.

:snooty:

I can be an awkward bastard sometimes, but it does really piss me off, so why should I just accept it? :shout: :lol:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Cheese » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Went into my local BP garage/M&S food outlet, and brought 2 bottles of coke, bread, bacon, milk and a packet of crisps all costing about £10 (M&S is expensive for food).
Anyways got to the cashier and paid for my items then after he took my money i look and said well can i have a bag then please?
He said 1p please. So i looked and said either i get a carrierbag for free or you give me a refund and i'll go down the road to Londis. He refeused and i got a refund.
I wasn't paying on princible. It's a bloody petrol station for crying out loud most people don't go there to do a weekly shop. Just give us a bloody bag!
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trina » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Good on you Ryan.

I didn't realise our local shop was charging for bags until the other week. I'd bought a few bits, paid for it and on my way home thought the price didn't seem right. Added it up and they had charged me 5p for a bag without even telling me. :disgust:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:25 am

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:Went into my local BP garage/M&S food outlet, and brought 2 bottles of coke, bread, bacon, milk and a packet of crisps all costing about £10 (M&S is expensive for food).
Anyways got to the cashier and paid for my items then after he took my money i look and said well can i have a bag then please?
He said 1p please. So i looked and said either i get a carrierbag for free or you give me a refund and i'll go down the road to Londis. He refeused and i got a refund.
I wasn't paying on princible. It's a bloody petrol station for crying out loud most people don't go there to do a weekly shop. Just give us a bloody bag!

Thats what you get for supporting those facist fuckheads at M&S, I've had to live without Percy Pigs due to this stance I've taken up against those c****.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:58 am

What's wrong with M&S now?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:17 pm