I feel old...do you?

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Re: I feel old...do you?

Postby Rockape » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:42 am

I’m just 30 years older than Dejan, which is more years than he’s been alive. Still feel sort of mid thirties, but the achey knees remind me I’m not. :(

Hearing isn’t what it was, that’s for sure. Trying to have a conversation in a crowded bar is difficult. You got to look after your hearing, cos when it’s gone......
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:15 pm

Rockape wrote:I’m just 30 years older than Dejan, which is more years than he’s been alive. Still feel sort of mid thirties, but the achey knees remind me I’m not. :(

Hearing isn’t what it was, that’s for sure. Trying to have a conversation in a crowded bar is difficult. You got to look after your hearing, cos when it’s gone......

Two generations of teen parents, and you're literally old enough to be my grandpa.

We have some geriatrics on here :grin:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Rockape » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:44 pm

LMAO wrote:
Rockape wrote:I’m just 30 years older than Dejan, which is more years than he’s been alive. Still feel sort of mid thirties, but the achey knees remind me I’m not. :(

Two generations of teen parents, and you're literally old enough to be my grandpa.

LMAO wrote:

Oi......I resemble that remark! Actually I might be 58 but I still mountain bike including riding up some seriously steep hills, ski to a decent standard and pretty fast and play golf off a 5 handicap. How are you doing kiddo? ;)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:01 pm

I love how Rockape accidentally quoted the text twice

Oldies do struggle with tech
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Rockape » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:23 pm

UFGN wrote:I love how Rockape accidentally quoted the text twice

Haha.....w@nker! ;)

If you think I’m old, Gary Lineker is on currently exploring his Grandads role in the war and is talking to a gooner who has supported Arsenal for 95 years! Turns out he’s 104 still has all his marbles and talks really well..... incredible!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:45 am

Rockape wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Oi......I resemble that remark! Actually I might be 58 but I still mountain bike including riding up some seriously steep hills, ski to a decent standard and pretty fast and play golf off a 5 handicap. How are you doing kiddo? ;)

Aww! Grandpa can ride his stationary that simulates a mountain course and play Wii Sports ;)

But nah, that's pretty good. Don't be like the other older people who remain sedentary, get fat, and die from obesity-related diseases in their late 50s to early 60s.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby VCC » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:30 am

Rockape wrote:
UFGN wrote:I love how Rockape accidentally quoted the text twice

Haha.....w@nker! ;)

If you think I’m old, Gary Lineker is on currently exploring his Grandads role in the war and is talking to a gooner who has supported Arsenal for 95 years! Turns out he’s 104 still has all his marbles and talks really well..... incredible!

What did he think of Emery lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:56 am

"Bloody w***er is going to make me exhume Chapman's corpse and reanimate it."
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Nuggets » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:14 am

Dejan wrote:Becoming 28 in 2 weeks

Birthday is the saddest day of the year for me(probably the only one too)

Getting older has always been a struggle for me. Time flies too fast

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Its all in the mind, you are as old as you feel, sometimes the head tells me I am 20 but the body tells me I am 90, swings and roundabouts lol :arse fan:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:17 am

Rockape wrote..... Oi......I resemble that remark! Actually I might be 58 but I still mountain bike including riding up some seriously steep hills, ski to a decent standard and pretty fast and play golf off a 5 handicap. How are you doing kiddo? ;)[/quote]

Thats a good handicap, I used to play golf but physical problems now restrict me, best round in my life played off 4, the one and only time then back up to 14 :biggrin:
Nuggets

Postby VCC » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:36 am

Rockape wrote:
LMAO wrote:

LMAO wrote:

Play off a 5 handicap is awesome,incidentally what is your lowest ever handicap. Consider my self a good all round sports man but are bloody useless golfer my best mate growing up is a teaching professional based now in Hong Kong we had one round together 30 years ago he said after let's not do that again lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockape » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:44 am

For some reason I’m scoring as well (at golf) now as I ever have since taking up the game in my teens. Possibly because I understand the technical aspects of the swing and don’t lash it 50 yd’s into the trees anymore. It’s without doubt the hardest game I’ve ever played though.....so many aspects that can individually fall apart and ruin a score. First got to 5 handicap in my mid 20's when I started practicing and since that time my best was 4.5 and now its 4.8. (once went up to 7) So never been a 'proper' golfer but pretty consistent over the years.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:09 pm

My son just turned 20, and the following day I matched with a 21 y/o on Tinder. What a time to be alive.

#41isthenew21

:1990_dancing.gif:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:43 pm

StLGooner wrote:My son just turned 20, and the following day I matched with a 21 y/o on Tinder. What a time to be alive.

#41isthenew21

Pedo ;)
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:52 pm

UFGN wrote:
StLGooner wrote:My son just turned 20, and the following day I matched with a 21 y/o on Tinder. What a time to be alive.

#41isthenew21

Pedo ;)

Ha! 21 is too young. I draw the line at 30 honestly. Her profile said 31, but she messaged and said she was really 21, but liked older men. Probably just a gold digger, but made me feel good for a second, not going to lie. Ha!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee