Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:17 am

I went to a store for some nuts and bolts today. Full on mask mandate in place signs on the doors and some some dude comes up unmasked and gets within inches of me. I objected, he gets all agro screaming it's his right etc. Last time go there for anything.

If people can't do the simple things God help us.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:53 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I went to a store for some nuts and bolts today. Full on mask mandate in place signs on the doors and some some dude comes up unmasked and gets within inches of me. I objected, he gets all agro screaming it's his right etc. Last time go there for anything.

Well at least we seem to agree on one thing.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I went to a store for some nuts and bolts today. Full on mask mandate in place signs on the doors and some some dude comes up unmasked and gets within inches of me. I objected, he gets all agro screaming it's his right etc. Last time go there for anything.

Until we get an effective vaccine, not wearing a mask in public should be considered bioterrorism or at least aggravated assault like spitting at someone would be. Yes, I may be using a little hyperbole, but the world has too many idiots.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:17 pm

LMAO wrote:

Until we get an effective vaccine, not wearing a mask in public should be considered bioterrorism or at least aggravated assault like spitting at someone would be. Yes, I may be using a little hyperbole, but the world has too many idiots.

I agree people should wear them but its not always that easy, like what if you had no intention to go to the shop but your child starts pestering you for a drink so you nip to the shop to buy them a juice? are you supposed to not go in and leave your child thirsty?

I can't agree with you because this hands Gov'ts to much facist control over our lives, a control they'll be hard fought to give up.

We're so fkin surveiled as it is, cameras everywhere, phones tracked, its not heading in a good direction.
If you compare how much info they have on you compared to even 30 yrs ago its scary.

Where you go, what you watch, what your researching, where you spend your money.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:23 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:

I agree people should wear them but its not always that easy, like what if you had no intention to go to the shop but your child starts pestering you for a drink so you nip to the shop to buy them a juice? are you supposed to not go in and leave your child thirsty?

I can't agree with you because this hands Gov'ts to much facist control over our lives, a control they'll be hard fought to give up.

We're so fkin surveiled as it is, cameras everywhere, phones tracked, its not heading in a good direction.
If you compare how much info they have on you compared to even 30 yrs ago its scary.

Where you go, what you watch, what your researching, where you spend your money.

The wife has prepositioned masks in all our vehicles.

My real issue was that the store has signs saying all customers must wear a mask...yet when push comes to shove not so.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:25 pm

Callum wrote:

Oh we agree on far more than that Ca**um!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:49 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I agree people should wear them but its not always that easy, like what if you had no intention to go to the shop but your child starts pestering you for a drink so you nip to the shop to buy them a juice? are you supposed to not go in and leave your child thirsty?

You're just saying you are incapable of having a mask available, honestly that's pathetic. I live in a country where 100% of the population have worn masks outside their own house for six months - we have almost zero Covid, is that a coincidence?

Wearing a mask is fascist control ... are you being Mr Angry aged five?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:18 am

The mask isn't so much the facist control I was referring to, its the fines LMAO was referring to and things like "Can't be with more than 6 people" etc.

Especially when they just encouraged the Eat out to help out which caused ques and masses gathering in restaurants and town centres all at once and legally allowed the riots and mass protests even before lockdown finished.

Regardless the first thing I said was "I agree people should wear them" so take your faux outrage somewhere else.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:47 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
Callum wrote:

Has my name become some sort of profanity in your eyes?
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:56 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I agree people should wear them but its not always that easy, like what if you had no intention to go to the shop but your child starts pestering you for a drink so you nip to the shop to buy them a juice? are you supposed to not go in and leave your child thirsty?

You're just saying you are incapable of having a mask available, honestly that's pathetic. I live in a country where 100% of the population have worn masks outside their own house for six months - we have almost zero Covid, is that a coincidence?

Wearing a mask is fascist control ... are you being Mr Angry aged five?

Where do you live? Sounds class
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:01 pm

Callum wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
Callum wrote:

Has my name become some sort of profanity in your eyes?

Not at all! As I explained I am saving the environment from the overuse of "L"s. You and Chambers are accelerating the end of the planet as we know it. Just a joke. :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:55 pm

LMAO wrote:Crack on? Build some immunity?

Screw that. I'm trying to avoid it as best I can until a safe and effective vaccine is released. I don't want to take the risk of developing a chronic heart condition.

^

The absolutism is baffling tbh.

We don't know much about the virus. The liberal warriors would like us to believe we know. The flat-Earthers think it's a hoax.

Generalizing obviously.

One may be a healthy 21-year-old and nothing happens to them. But what about infecting your parents and grandparents?

We don't even know if herd immunity is a factor with Covid-19.

There's only so much we can know in 10 months about a global pandemic.

While it's the age of information, the majority of people are genuinely dumb.

I lose faith in humankind every damn day.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:53 am

Angelito wrote:While it's the age of information, the majority of people are genuinely dumb.

I lose faith in humankind every damn day.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 am

Don’t know why people are still expecting a successful vaccine tbh. Said all along we don’t have one for a common cold or flu and this is a very similar virus. Much more likely imo we’ll end up living with it like we do with flu.

Completely agree with doing your best to avoid it, anyone who doesn’t is stupid really given the volume of unknowns about the virus and it’s effects long term. Unfortunately probably most of us have already had some level of infection we weren’t even aware of, will be very interesting if they get a reliable antibody test.

I honestly think this’ll end up a bit like 9/11 in that it changes how countries approach things permanently, we’ll probably have testing at events worldwide forever once they start bringing it in and you’ll end up needing to show a corona negative test to go to a festival or whatever. Unfortunate but the only way it seems any normality can be resumed given the lack of hope I have for a vaccine.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 am

Rockape wrote:
Santi wrote:All well and good but I’m not riding motorbikes or having a morphine addiction so would be nice if all the cuunts going to asda can just wear a mask, cheers.

My thoughts exactly! I dropped into LIDL earlier to stock up on alcohol and all the customers were wearing masks except this one couple in front of me in the queue. I just about managed to resist saying something but it was hard. I even saw him cough slightly while close up to a shelf looking at something. He then took something from their trolly and took it back........FFS!

Just shows you have to be careful out there, when there is still this amount of fuckwittery around!

Lol we had the exact same thing in Asda (although 50% not in masks at least) where some older lady was stood at the biscuits with no mask on and coughing all over the show. Some poor bastard 10 mins later is gonna come and buy those biscuits with no idea whatsoever, so harsh.

I’m literally taking all my shopping items from the back of the shelf after that :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee