Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:09 am

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54081131

Second wave is here boys.

"Eat out to help out" has helped cause this without a doubt.

Ques of people lining up outside restaurants, restaurants full up.

The Government are fkin pathetic, they could of had this offer on but for takeaway instead, the restaurants would of had orders up to the hilt but we could of enjoyed the offer from the safety of our homes without crowding.

I can't fkin believe this BS, at this point they just need to have the vulnerable stay home and the rest of us healthy members just need to crack on for the good of the economy and to build up some immunity, we can't have a strong flu breaking the nation.

Also they did this restaurant crowding while trying to hobble drinking places like bars and pubs but with the other hand cause restaurants to be packed, fkin imbeciles.

This has really p*ssed me off with the Conservatives, too reactionary and not thinking things through, just throwing out slogan rules, like enforcing masks in shops 4 months after the fkin pandemic started??

How can you enforce no gatherings of more than 6 people just when everyones preparing to come back to work and school and you've just made everyone go out to spend money deliberately??

Its starting to feel like a bad sci-fi social experiment, I'm done taking orders from these pr*cks tbh.

God help us if the Black death ever returned, then we'd have problems.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:17 am

Crack on? Build some immunity?

Screw that. I'm trying to avoid it as best I can until a safe and effective vaccine is released. I don't want to take the risk of developing a chronic heart condition.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:37 am

LMAO wrote:Crack on? Build some immunity?

Screw that. I'm trying to avoid it as best I can until a safe and effective vaccine is released. I don't want to take the risk of developing a chronic heart condition.

Does Arteta, Boris Johnson or Idris Elba have a chronic heart condition?

Idris didn't even know he had it and Boris was making speeches to the nation while having it.

I'm not saying its not nasty, but a lot of these "illnesses" are from people who already have health problems and have then caught it.

Have you any proof that a respitory illness is giving people heart conditions who didn't have one previously?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:54 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Idris didn't even know he had it and Boris was making speeches to the nation while having it.

I'm not saying its not nasty, but a lot of these "illnesses" are from people who already have health problems and have then caught it.

Have you any proof that a respitory illness is giving people heart conditions who didn't have one previously?

So three people not developing a heart condition means I'll be fine? Diseases dont work that way. I agree that I'll likely be fine since I'm young and fit, but there's still a risk, even if it is small.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/skep ... gist/88446

"Daniels, the director of sports cardiology at Ohio State, had also been busy, working to publish a three-month study whose preliminary findings were presented to Pac-12 and Big Ten leaders before they shut down football earlier this month.

Daniels said that cardiac M.R.I.s, an expensive and sparingly used tool, revealed an alarmingly high rate of myocarditis -- heart inflammation that can lead to cardiac arrest with exertion -- among college athletes who had recovered from the coronavirus.

The survey found myocarditis in close to 15 percent of athletes who had the virus, almost all of whom experienced mild or no symptoms, Daniels added, perhaps shedding more light on the uncertainties about the short- and long-term effects the virus may have on athletes."

Although, the article does say the study hasn't made it through peer-review yet and I don't know if the athletes are linemen or skinny positions like receivers and cornerbacks, or a combination. And even if the study is accurate (which would be bad for the general population since most are unhealthy land whales), we still don't know the long-term effects.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:22 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

So three people not developing a heart condition means I'll be fine? Diseases dont work that way. I agree that I'll likely be fine since I'm young and fit, but there's still a risk, even if it is small.

"Daniels, the director of sports cardiology at Ohio State, had also been busy, working to publish a three-month study.

The survey found myocarditis in close to 15 percent of athletes who had the virus

Although, the article does say the study hasn't made it through peer-review yet and I don't know if the athletes are linemen or skinny positions like receivers and cornerbacks, or a combination. And even if the study is accurate (which would be bad for the general population since most are unhealthy land whales), we still don't know the long-term effects.

This is the problem with you Americans, you ingest BS studies full of flaws, I worry for you guys, literally raised on medication adverts for just being human.

15% is 15 people out of 100 people which even though not overly low is still not a typical symptom of the diesease, then we get to the good bit ............ a 3 month study. :rofll:

.......... and it gets better, a 3 month study where the review hasn't even been approved yet.

Ffs.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:25 am

Take your pills dg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:15 am

Got to disagree with you DG, it’s not the eat out to help out as everyone has followed SD regs with hand sanitizer at every door. Sure there are exceptions but it’s the youngsters ignoring the rules that is the problem.

We really needed that eat our scheme to get people spending and going some way to saving the hospitality businesses that are struggling massively. The Govt are trying to take Scientific advice, save jobs, save the economy with no real idea of what they are dealing with.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:20 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

"Daniels, the director of sports cardiology at Ohio State, had also been busy, working to publish a three-month study.

The survey found myocarditis in close to 15 percent of athletes who had the virus

This is the problem with you Americans, you ingest BS studies full of flaws, I worry for you guys, literally raised on medication adverts for just being human.

15% is 15 people out of 100 people which even though not overly low is still not a typical symptom of the diesease, then we get to the good bit ............ a 3 month study. :rofll:

.......... and it gets better, a 3 month study where the review hasn't even been approved yet.

Ffs.

You seemed to have missed my conditionals. They should've tipped you off that I wasn't treating it as gospel, rather cautiously treading while waiting for it to be peer-reviewed.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:46 am

Fatality rates for Covid (best estimates to date from ourwprldindata)

CMR - Crude Mortality Rate - basically you take the number of deaths versus the world population: 0.011%
CFR - Case Fatality Rate - number of deaths versus the number of people positively diagnosed: 3.37%
AFR - Actual Fatality Rate - much harder to work out, you need to estimate the percentage of the population who have caught Covid including those who were never tested and never diagnosed, current estimates say that is around 750 million and growing fast, but it's a huge piece of guesswork, if accurate the AFR would be 0.12%

In other words all things being equal you have a 1 in 833 chance of dying from Covid should you catch it, but of course that's also not the whole picture, if you are under fifty and healthy the AFR rate is so small as to be statistically negligible you are not dying of Covid, over 60 and with health issues the AFR jumps to 2.1%.

To put that into perspective if you are under fifty you are statistically more likely to die from crashing a motorbike (1 in 821), getting run over (1 in 541) or from an Opioid Overdose (1 in 98)
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:10 am

All well and good but I’m not riding motorbikes or having a morphine addiction so would be nice if all the cuunts going to asda can just wear a mask, cheers.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:22 pm

Santi wrote:All well and good but I’m not riding motorbikes or having a morphine addiction so would be nice if all the cuunts going to asda can just wear a mask, cheers.

lol exactly

We don't know the long term effects of this virus yet, and probably won't for some time. I'm playing it safe and doing my best to not catch it as I don't want to take the risk.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Santi wrote:All well and good but I’m not riding motorbikes or having a morphine addiction so would be nice if all the cuunts going to asda can just wear a mask, cheers.

My thoughts exactly! I dropped into LIDL earlier to stock up on alcohol and all the customers were wearing masks except this one couple in front of me in the queue. I just about managed to resist saying something but it was hard. I even saw him cough slightly while close up to a shelf looking at something. He then took something from their trolly and took it back........FFS!

Just shows you have to be careful out there, when there is still this amount of fuckwittery around!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby dc16 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:55 pm

For the vast majority though this isn't even on their radar. Young people, not because they don't necessarily give a shit but because they won't know anyone who has even had symptoms let alone died from it and huge areas of the country that aren't densely populated metropolitan areas and that haven't had any confirmed cases for weeks or even months. It's like we've spent months in lockdown being fearful that the virus is in the air and all around us and people have become fatigued by it all.

Uni students are starting to come back from all over the world and at the uni I work in we've been preparing for weeks to minimise the risks but I fully expect the shit to hit the fan by the middle of October. We'll then get a sense of how successful the latest treatments have been in minimising the death rates and longterm affects of the illness.

Personally I've taken part in the eat out scheme, gone back to the gym to stay fit and healthy, started taking more vitamins and tried to spend more time outdoors in the fresh air while the weather is still good. You can do all those things without being a dick.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Ffs.

Only have to go to the American politics page. To fear for Americans
Wait for the free fire arm with every vaccine to come to state near you lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Rockape wrote:Got to disagree with you DG, it’s not the eat out to help out as everyone has followed SD regs with hand sanitizer at every door. Sure there are exceptions but it’s the youngsters ignoring the rules that is the problem.

We really needed that eat our scheme to get people spending and going some way to saving the hospitality businesses that are struggling massively. The Govt are trying to take Scientific advice, save jobs, save the economy with no real idea of what they are dealing with.

What you saw at your ones weren't what I saw.

I saw ques outside of Wagamama's 3 shops long, its also encouraged people to all be in the same breathing space indoors.
I don't care that they ran it but you can't punish us now when they encouraged multiple people to be under the same roofs.

They could of done it for takeaway and the eat out places still would of made a mint.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee