Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Ach » Wed May 26, 2021 6:35 pm

Might have to demote you from the poster I'd most like to meet list.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed May 26, 2021 6:46 pm

It's impossible to know what the long term side effects may be, the vaccine has existed for less than a year and I don't need it anyway.

Enough people are getting it that herd immunity should be achievable.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Wed May 26, 2021 6:57 pm

Let's hope so.

I got the vaccine couple of months ago and next one is due in June.

Aches and pain after the first one but cos I had the first, second one should be much less with the side effects.

Long term, not really bothered about it. Worry about the future when it gets here. Maybe not even then

As a great man once said "if tomorrow never comes"
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Callum » Wed May 26, 2021 6:57 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:The company I work for is now making it mandatory to get the vaccine.

I'm on the hunt for a fake covid card.

What're your concerns regarding being vaccinated?

I got my first Pfizer jab a couple of weeks back.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed May 26, 2021 7:28 pm

Callum wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:The company I work for is now making it mandatory to get the vaccine.

We can't know what the long term side effects may be are and it's unnecessary for me personally.

On principle I don't want to put anything in my body that isn't completely necessary.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed May 26, 2021 7:29 pm

Callum wrote:

We can't know what the long term side effects are and it's unnecessary for me personally.

On principle I don't want to put anything in my body that isn't completely necessary.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Jedi » Wed May 26, 2021 7:34 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:It's impossible to know what the long term side effects may be, the vaccine has existed for less than a year and I don't need it anyway.

There's nothing about vaccines that can make you develop long term side effects. It does nothing but get your body to produce a harmless part of the actual virus so that it can recognize it and build up immunity against it. The only reason vaccines have such extensive testing is because they're going to be administered to billions of people so we want to make sure we're extra safe about it.

Do you know what we do know often has very bad long term effects? Covid 19. If you're young, you're not going to die, but there's a half decent chance you'll develop long Covid and have your quality of life permanently ruined.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Power n Glory » Wed May 26, 2021 7:40 pm

If they're developing covid treatment pills that may be ready by the end of the year, I'm in no rush to take the vaccine.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed May 26, 2021 7:41 pm

I'm not sure that is legal.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 26, 2021 7:46 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Callum wrote:

We can't know what the long term side effects are and it's unnecessary for me personally.

I had a girlfriend like that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Wed May 26, 2021 7:46 pm

Power n Glory wrote:If they're developing covid treatment pills that may be ready by the end of the year, I'm in no rush to take the vaccine.
If you're afraid of the long term effects of the vaccine why aren't you afraid of the long term effects of the treatment pills?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Power n Glory » Wed May 26, 2021 7:57 pm

Jedi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:If they're developing covid treatment pills that may be ready by the end of the year, I'm in no rush to take the vaccine.
If you're afraid of the long term effects of the vaccine why aren't you afraid of the long term effects of the treatment pills?

Because it's a one off treatment IF I catch Covid and if I need treatment. With the vaccine it's unclear whether we need yearly booster shots or how effective it is against variants of Covid. I'd rather wait until they have more clear information.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed May 26, 2021 8:02 pm

They're going to be rolling out updated covid vaccines for new variants like it's an iOs update.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed May 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Jedi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:It's impossible to know what the long term side effects may be, the vaccine has existed for less than a year and I don't need it anyway.

There's nothing about vaccines that can make you develop long term side effects. It does nothing but get your body to produce a harmless part of the actual virus so that it can recognize it and build up immunity against it. The only reason vaccines have such extensive testing is because they're going to be administered to billions of people so we want to make sure we're extra safe about it.

Do you know what we do know often has very bad long term effects? Covid 19. If you're young, you're not going to die, but there's a half decent chance you'll develop long Covid and have your quality of life permanently ruined.

Not worried about that. At all.

Tons of people have covid and aren't even aware, I know I'll be part of that demographic if I do catch it.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Jedi » Wed May 26, 2021 8:23 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

There's plenty in your body that's completely unnecessary including bacteria or other harmless viruses. You can't really protect yourself from microscopic lifeforms. And we really have no clue what most of them do. What we do know is that the vaccine gets your body to produce the spike protein of the virus which is completely harmless, and it gives you immunity vs the thing that can actually harm you.

Also, it's not unnecessary for you. If you're afraid of the long term effects of the vaccine wait until you hear about Long COVID and the staggering amount of young people which report a wide variety of symptoms even months after getting the virus. Chronic fatigue syndrome, permanent lung damage, heart palpations, loss of appetite, depression, anxiety, insomnia...etc... I could go all day...

With the vaccine we've followed people for over a year now and there's no reports of any of the study participants mentioning any long term side effects.

So the cost-benefit analysis is unbelievably simple: Take the risk of willingly taking the thing the thing our scientist are confident is harmless vs risk catching COVID which we know has a decent of ruining your life.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Not worried about that. At all.

Tons of people have covid and aren't even aware, I know I'll be part of that demographic if I do catch it.

So you're confident that Covid won't harm you but you're afraid of the long term effects of the vaccine? How does that work?
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee