Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:01 pm

Jedi wrote:And everyone got both doses? That makes no sense to me. We have a study of 19k people from Public Health England that was literally published yesterday and it shows Pfizer protects well vs the Delta variant.

Perhaps you were incredibly unlucky and came in contact with the much less prevalent beta (South African) variant which seems to be better at avoiding antibodies created by the vaccine.

Everybody who was eligible for vaccination, were fully vaccinated. My partner and I had Astra Zeneca, my father-in-law and wife's grand parents (aged 87 and 92) had pfizer, and my mother-in-law had moderna.

Our children all contracted the virus, but none of them were vaccinated. Their ages are 13, 12 and 10.

"it shows Pfizer protects well vs the Delta variant. " - could you check the source? It might say "symptomatic disease" - which is their talk for avoiding serious complications. If it doesn't, I have to question the accuracy of their claim, it might even be politically motivated. From personal experience, and seeing the amount of people who are double jabbed coming down with the virus, those claims don't correlate.

"came in contact with the much less prevalent beta (South African) variant" - I'd say this was unlikely. That variant isn't in our area. The Lambda (originating in Peru) is though, so if it wasn't delta, it would be more likely to be lambda.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:24 pm

Power n Glory wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-vallance-corrects-mistake-to-say-60-of-people-being-admitted-to-hospital-with-coronavirus-are-unvaccinated-12359317

So a report went out saying 60% of the people in hospital being treated for Covid were double jabbed. They revised that to say it's actually 60% of the unvaccinated. Great. Even if that is the truth, 40% of the people being treated for Covid are vaccinated. That sounds nuts to me. The goal posts keep moving.

............ and they'll keep moving them till every human has had a vaccine £££, then when we've all had one there will be a new variant and guess what?

Everyone will have to have another dose all over again, rinse and repeat, its drug dealing on a national scale.

Every vaccine shot someone gets = £££ paid for out of our taxes, we're being fleeced by private companies and their Gov't corruption cronies.

Its already been proven and its basic facts, the wealthy in the know have all bought large shares of these vaccine companies and their shares are rocketing.

.......... remember those two American politicans who attended the first American Gov't meeting on Covid, first thing they did when they came out of that meeting was bought shares, it made the headlines so I don't want to hear any of this thick as sht "Your talking conspiracy" BS, some people just feel better burying their heads in the sand, Bahhhh.

Coincidence that Pfizer's share price was dumped to $27.48 just in time for March 2020 now its $41.15 per share, If someone bought a $1,000,000 worth of shares, in a year that's turned into nigh on $2,000,000 for just sitting in an account.

Guess what, Astrazeneca shares followed the exact same pattern, stock price dump in March 2020 so the rich could buy up all the shares at rock bottom price and again, 1 yr later its doubled.

But just conspiracy right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:25 pm

Almost all shares followed that exact same pattern though...
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-57921768?at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom3=BBC+News&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom4=2C332ABC-EAE1-11EB-ACF3-B38196E8478F&at_medium=custom7&at_campaign=64

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... seychelles

4,115 Fully Vaccinated Have Been Hospitalized Or Died With Breakthrough Covid-19 Infections

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2 ... nfections/

We can play this game all day.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:33 pm

Santi wrote:Almost all shares followed that exact same pattern though...

True but they haven't all recovered or had the same meteoric rise.

I own shares in AxA, they've stabilized but they've not fully recovered and haven't exceeded what they were prior to March 2020, they certainly haven't doubled, I'd be lucky to break even.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:11 pm

Therefore, the 4,115 is only the tip of the Kardashian so to speak, meaning that it’s only what’s been obvious and getting attention. The actual total number of breakthrough infections is higher although it isn’t really clear how much higher.

Regardless, let’s put the 3,907 hospitalizations and 750 deaths in proper perspective. Over 4,000 may sound like a large number when counting something like the number of marmots in your bed. Certainly any death is tragic. But consider the fact that over 150 million people in U.S. have already been fully vaccinated in U.S. Doing a quick calculation with your abacus and your fingers and toes will reveal that the 4,115 cases constitute less than 0.003% of all fully vaccinated people in the U.S. Compare that with the measured effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccine, which has ranged from about 70 percent to 95 plus percent. That means that at least 5% of the time a vaccine may not be able to prevent Covid-19 after exposure to the virus. As I have emphasized before, nothing in life is perfect, with the possible exception of avocado toast.

Your own article.

DiamondGooner wrote:

I own shares in AxA, they've stabilized but they've not fully recovered and haven't exceeded what they were prior to March 2020, they certainly haven't doubled, I'd be lucky to break even.

Crazy how companies selling vaccines to pretty much every person on the planet have recovered quicker than those who are not.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:53 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Therefore, the 4,115 is only the tip of the Kardashian so to speak, meaning that it’s only what’s been obvious and getting attention. The actual total number of breakthrough infections is higher although it isn’t really clear how much higher.

Regardless, let’s put the 3,907 hospitalizations and 750 deaths in proper perspective. Over 4,000 may sound like a large number when counting something like the number of marmots in your bed. Certainly any death is tragic. But consider the fact that over 150 million people in U.S. have already been fully vaccinated in U.S. Doing a quick calculation with your abacus and your fingers and toes will reveal that the 4,115 cases constitute less than 0.003% of all fully vaccinated people in the U.S. Compare that with the measured effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccine, which has ranged from about 70 percent to 95 plus percent. That means that at least 5% of the time a vaccine may not be able to prevent Covid-19 after exposure to the virus. As I have emphasized before, nothing in life is perfect, with the possible exception of avocado toast.

Your own article.

DiamondGooner wrote:

Crazy how companies selling vaccines to pretty much every person on the planet have recovered quicker than those who are not.

Yes! Those pesky drug companies producing stuff that's saving millions of lives. Shame on them.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Hope this helps as far as the confusing about the 40% vaccinated in hospital goes:

Luzh 22 wrote:Everybody who was eligible for vaccination, were fully vaccinated. My partner and I had Astra Zeneca, my father-in-law and wife's grand parents (aged 87 and 92) had pfizer, and my mother-in-law had moderna.

Our children all contracted the virus, but none of them were vaccinated. Their ages are 13, 12 and 10.

"it shows Pfizer protects well vs the Delta variant. " - could you check the source? It might say "symptomatic disease" - which is their talk for avoiding serious complications. If it doesn't, I have to question the accuracy of their claim, it might even be politically motivated. From personal experience, and seeing the amount of people who are double jabbed coming down with the virus, those claims don't correlate.

"came in contact with the much less prevalent beta (South African) variant" - I'd say this was unlikely. That variant isn't in our area. The Lambda (originating in Peru) is though, so if it wasn't delta, it would be more likely to be lambda.

Yes, "symptomatic disease" was the term used in the study. That clears up the confusion then.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:29 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:

Your own article.

DiamondGooner wrote:

The point being, where there is monetary gain there is corruption.

The drug companies didn't recover, they went above even historical highs, now of course that's to be expected, but the issue is its the wealthy who get the information before everyone else and its now in their interest literally, that every human has the vaccine, because it makes them money .......... again, its akin to drug dealing.

Hence why we're now getting these proposed laws for a vaccine passport, which makes no sense whatsover, you can be infected and still have had the jab or be negative and not be allowed into large crowd venues .......... its facism via stealth.

We are currently not living in a free society when our Gov't passes laws willy nilly curbing what we can all do.

Bring back the EU I say, what was the point of leaving just get facists in at home.

They're not even passing half of this sht through Parliament.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:30 pm

Thanks @Jedi. Just shows how dumb jargon like "symptomatic disease" can be misinterpreted very easily by unnecessarily complicating the language they use . They need to be a lot clearer, and show charts like the one above at how effective the vaccines are at preventing life changing complications arising from covid.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Luzh 22 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:

Your own article.

DiamondGooner wrote:

The point being, where there is monetary gain there is corruption.

The drug companies didn't recover, they went above even historical highs, now of course that's to be expected, but the issue is its the wealthy who get the information before everyone else and its now in their interest literally, that every human has the vaccine, because it makes them money .......... again, its akin to drug dealing.

Hence why we're now getting these proposed laws for a vaccine passport, which makes no sense whatsover, you can be infected and still have had the jab or be negative and not be allowed into large crowd venues .......... its facism via stealth.

We are currently not living in a free society when our Gov't passes laws willy nilly curbing what we can all do.

Bring back the EU I say, what was the point of leaving just get facists in at home.

They're not even passing half of this sht through Parliament.

Rich people get rich by exploiting demand. They do this every day, in every sector, in every corner of the Earth. This is not a reason to not have a vaccine.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:34 pm

Phil71 wrote:Yes! Those pesky drug companies producing stuff that's saving millions of lives. Shame on them.

Yeah from the same people who created the virus which killed millions in the first place, absolute fkin sheep.

Where's your proof its saved millions of lives anyway, Covid is still here, if the death rate is slowing, how do you know that's not because of a years worth of herd immunity and its summer? want to bet the deaths are going to rise again come winter?

Man's grateful for a man made "cure" when the disease was man made, talk about gullible.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:40 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:Rich people get rich by exploiting demand. They do this every day, in every sector, in every corner of the Earth. This is not a reason to not have a vaccine.

My issue is that its not going to end, they will milk this for decades.

The cash wheel is spinning as is the chance to erode our civil rights, they are not going to give us all our lives back anytime soon if ever.

Lets see where we are in 12 months from now so start of next season and we'll see who's right.

Those saying dumb sht like "The quicker we all have the vaccine the quicker we get back to normal" are worryingly ignorant, 20 variants later.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:41 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Yes! Those pesky drug companies producing stuff that's saving millions of lives. Shame on them.

Yeah from the same people who created the virus which killed millions in the first place, absolute fkin sheep.

Where's your proof its saved millions of lives anyway, Covid is still here, if the death rate is slowing, how do you know that's not because of a years worth of herd immunity and its summer? want to bet the deaths are going to rise again come winter?

Man's grateful for a man made "cure" when the disease was man made, talk about gullible.

I couldn't care less where it came from or how much money the drug companies are making. All I care about is that there's a vaccine and it's saving lives.

If you want to make your own personal protest by not getting the vaccine you go ahead.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee