Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Goonerred » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:33 am

Ach wrote:They clearly worked hence everything is opening up again

That's one of those issues that we'll never really know, it could have gone either way. I do know that Johnson was going for herd immunity then some scientist issued a report stating that hundreds of thousands of lives will be lost if he doesn't down the country - last week!!
The media jumped all over that, any excuse to diss Boris, they dragged in some doctor from Italy who said his daughter was in England and he was bringing her home because we should be locking down and we weren't.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:01 pm

Father-in-Law and his wife tested positive for covid - they started feeling ill two days after we'd seen them. :eek:
We don't feel ill. I wonder if they would have been shedding virus when we met them?
Goonerred

Postby VCC » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:56 pm

Goonerred wrote:Father-in-Law and his wife tested positive for covid - they started feeling ill two days after we'd seen them. :eek:
We don't feel ill. I wonder if they would have been shedding virus when we met them?

Dont panic mrs vcc and i are in house hold isolation currently with our possitive daughter . Our daughter has what seems a bad head cold, i have too much work on the farm to stop for covid anyways
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:19 pm

VCC wrote:
Goonerred wrote:Father-in-Law and his wife tested positive for covid - they started feeling ill two days after we'd seen them. :eek:

Dont panic mrs vcc and i are in house hold isolation currently with our possitive daughter . Our daughter has what seems a bad head cold, i have too much work on the farm to stop for covid anyways

Sadly US teachers do not have your work ethic.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:52 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
VCC wrote:

Mrs vcc also teaching from home via computer school would be shut otherwise
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerred » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:53 pm

VCC wrote:

We haven't done a LFT yest I hate doing them and can't be bothered. We will before we go out in public again.
Goonerred

Postby VCC » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:19 pm

Goonerred wrote:
VCC wrote:

We haven't done a LFT yest I hate doing them and can't be bothered. We will before we go out in public again.

We have both done a couple of tests, i think we are both to stubborn to get it lol, for something so contagious and the fact we are doing nothing different in our home to isolate from our daughter i are starting to wonder what the fuss was about
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:39 pm

CDC released new data that lowers the C19 death rate by at least 25%.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:28 am

Ach wrote:They clearly worked hence everything is opening up again

This sort of blanket statement is born of pure ignorance.

Lets make one thing absolutely clear, the vaccine did nothing to stop the spread of the virus, nothing, in fact most people I know who had the vaccine caught covid more times than people who I know didn't have the vaccine.

What the vaccine did / apparently did was to reduce the death rate per person who tested positive.

You referring to "things going back to normal" every virus in the history of man, even the bubonic plague, things "went back to normal" that is a natural cycle of any virus, it hits hard when its new, then herd immunity reduces it so that it goes completely or becomes a flu or cold etc i.e something we just live with and the death rate goes right down.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:43 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
VCC wrote:

In the UK, I refused to take a test because my philosophy was "this could put you under house arrest for 2 weeks, why take the chance?". I'd already blocked the contact tracing number and always used fake names when going to pubs. I wasn't going to let anything stop me from going about my normal life and working as normal.

I say VCC did exactly the right thing to carry on working.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:18 pm

Covid tests done, all clear. No house arrest here!
Goonerred

Postby VCC » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:25 pm

:
Goonerred wrote:Covid tests done, all clear. No house arrest here!

:1990_dancing.gif: We will do another one in a couple of days fingers crossed
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerred » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:27 pm

VCC wrote::

Your daughter has Coivid but neither you or your wife does, so do you do another one for your daughter just make sure she's clear?
Goonerred

Postby VCC » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:44 pm

Goonerred wrote:

Your daughter has Coivid but neither you or your wife does, so do you do another one for your daughter just make sure she's clear?

Daughter has done a few she is on day 5 recomender to do another day 7 if clear she can go back to work if on her day 7 if mrs vcc and i are clear we can carry on and go back to work, if we test if daughter tests possitive we carry on until she is clear if i or mrs test possitive we start isolation process as day 1 from that test potentially it could be 21 days lock down
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerred » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:48 pm

VCC wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Daughter has done a few she is on day 5 recomender to do another day 7 if clear she can go back to work if on her day 7 if mrs vcc and i are clear we can carry on and go back to work, if we test if daughter tests possitive we carry on until she is clear if i or mrs test possitive we start isolation process as day 1 from that test potentially it could be 21 days lock down

Hope you're all OK then. Does your daughter have mild symptoms? I don't know if we should do another testg or not. We met the father-in-law two days before they became ill, but we don't have symptoms and have tested negative. Maybe just test again if we get symptoms. When we met them they had three days left on a cruise and could have caught it after we met them.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee