Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby VCC » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:00 pm

Goonerred wrote:
VCC wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
VCC wrote::
Goonerred wrote:Covid tests done, all clear. No house arrest here!

:1990_dancing.gif: We will do another one in a couple of days fingers crossed

Your daughter has Coivid but neither you or your wife does, so do you do another one for your daughter just make sure she's clear?

Daughter has done a few she is on day 5 recomender to do another day 7 if clear she can go back to work if on her day 7 if mrs vcc and i are clear we can carry on and go back to work, if we test if daughter tests possitive we carry on until she is clear if i or mrs test possitive we start isolation process as day 1 from that test potentially it could be 21 days lock down

Hope you're all OK then. Does your daughter have mild symptoms? I don't know if we should do another testg or not. We met the father-in-law two days before they became ill, but we don't have symptoms and have tested negative. Maybe just test again if we get symptoms. When we met them they had three days left on a cruise and could have caught it after we met them.

She has cold like symptoms at this stage she seems ok no breathing difficulty she is an asthmatic but it has not effected that thankfully
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby LMAO » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:56 am

What anyone with half a brain already knew but yet more confirmation that ivermectin isn't effective against COVID-19: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:37 am

VCC wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
VCC wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
VCC wrote::
Goonerred wrote:Covid tests done, all clear. No house arrest here!

:1990_dancing.gif: We will do another one in a couple of days fingers crossed

Your daughter has Coivid but neither you or your wife does, so do you do another one for your daughter just make sure she's clear?

Daughter has done a few she is on day 5 recomender to do another day 7 if clear she can go back to work if on her day 7 if mrs vcc and i are clear we can carry on and go back to work, if we test if daughter tests possitive we carry on until she is clear if i or mrs test possitive we start isolation process as day 1 from that test potentially it could be 21 days lock down

Hope you're all OK then. Does your daughter have mild symptoms? I don't know if we should do another testg or not. We met the father-in-law two days before they became ill, but we don't have symptoms and have tested negative. Maybe just test again if we get symptoms. When we met them they had three days left on a cruise and could have caught it after we met them.

She has cold like symptoms at this stage she seems ok no breathing difficulty she is an asthmatic but it has not effected that thankfully

My wife is asthmatic and all she got with the Alpha variant was a headache and fatigue. And that was before she got the vaccines.

This Omicron one is really just like a bad cold for most people.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:01 am

From Sky

New XE variant found in UK

A new COVID variant has been found in the UK - and early indications suggest it could be 10% more transmissible than other Omicron mutations.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSCA) is studying XE - a mutation of the BA.1 and BA.2 Omicron strains.

As of 22 March, 637 XE cases had been detected in England, according to government figures.

As of 16 March, it had a growth rate 9.8% above that of the stealth BA.2 variant, the UKHSCA said.

The body cautioned that "as this estimate has not remained consistent as new data have been added, it cannot yet be interpreted as an estimate of growth advantage for the recombinant."

"Numbers were too small for the XE recombinant to be analysed by region," the UKHSCA said.

Professor Susan Hopkins, the UKHSA's chief medical advisor transition lead, said such variants, know as recombinant, usually die off "relatively quickly".

"So far there is not enough evidence to draw conclusions about transmissibility, severity or vaccine effectiveness," Ms Hopkins told The Sun.

The variant has also been detected in Thailand and New Zealand.

Oops!!
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:42 am

It's the natural evolution of a virus. The natural immunities of the people who become infected water down its lethality, and mutations of the virus that are less lethal but more more transmissible get ahead of the more deadly variants and in turn provide herd immunity from the more deadly variants.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:00 am

Some weird shit in Shanghai. People screaming for food from tower blocks? Dogs being killed with shovels by goons (not for food).
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby 22-0 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:05 am

I pretty much assume anything from china is fake. remember all those people falling over in the streets and shaking like they were having seizures from corona at the start.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:43 pm

22-0 wrote:I pretty much assume anything from china is fake. remember all those people falling over in the streets and shaking like they were having seizures from corona at the start.

I agree anything put forth by the CCP is bound to be false. Video from western folks trapped there not so much. Same for Hong Kong represion when that was in the news.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:09 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
22-0 wrote:I pretty much assume anything from china is fake. remember all those people falling over in the streets and shaking like they were having seizures from corona at the start.

I agree anything put forth by the CCP is bound to be false. Video from western folks trapped there not so much. Same for Hong Kong represion when that was in the news.

My mate in Hong kong has been in lock down 4 months
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:20 pm

VCC wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:

My mate in Hong kong has been in lock down 4 months

That's a lot of Netflix
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 05, 2022 3:56 pm

The World Health Organization said today that new estimates show that the full death toll associated either directly or indirectly with the COVID-19 pandemic between Jan. 1 of 2020 and Dec. 31 of 2021 is about 15 million people.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Thu May 05, 2022 5:58 pm

Phil71 wrote:The World Health Organization said today that new estimates show that the full death toll associated either directly or indirectly with the COVID-19 pandemic between Jan. 1 of 2020 and Dec. 31 of 2021 is about 15 million people.

Kinda ironic that the populist narrative kept being that the numbers were inflated when everyone in the field that was actually studying this kept telling us deaths are likely severely underreported.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 06, 2022 11:16 pm

Im in the US at the moment, I swear I saw a news highlight yesterday that said emergency use of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine was being pulled for certain age groups due to blood clots!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby 22-0 » Sat May 07, 2022 6:05 am

That has been known for a long time but if you even talked about it you'd get banned on social media.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat May 07, 2022 3:02 pm

22-0 wrote:That has been known for a long time but if you even talked about it you'd get banned on social media.

This is my whole point to people who say we should just blindly follow the advice without question or research.

Especially those who call it conspiracy theories .......... when the Medical board in America admitted that in the beginning they killed a lot of people by putting them on ventilators without the proper need to which is why they stopped doing it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee