Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby dc16 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:01 am

I’m early 40’s and booked in for two weeks time. They’re obviously really getting through the age groups now.

I’ll get it because of my line of work but i can’t argue with those who don’t want it for whatever reason. The numbers are coming down so quickly and as vaccinated numbers rise the risk level really does decrease.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:17 am

Its true that the young have little to fear from the virus, most don't even know they have it! The oldies on the other hand, are reading every negative report and taking the worst points and multiplying them in their minds. This leads to many thinking that post vaccinations, they still need to worry about people bringing in new variants that will kill them....so will continue to stay at home where possible.

This week, I was walking my dog down a footpath that was at least 4m wide and a couple in their 70's waited at the end until I came through, so they didn't have to go near me. And....they've had the vaccine, it would be pretty clear that I had the vaccine, there are virtually no cases in the area to speak of either. Some people are actually just loving the whole saga!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:21 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:It's impossible to know what the long term side effects might be.

Don't need it and definitely not getting it.

Its not for me to say you should get it, but the way these vaccines work, its like saying you wouldn't get a flu jab. It is made from a weakened version of a common cold virus (known as an adenovirus) from chimpanzees. It has been modified to look more like coronavirus - although it can't cause illness. Once injected, it teaches the body's immune system how to fight the real virus, should it need to.

They aren't putting some unknown concoction in your body....its far safer than the stuff body builders put in their bodies!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby dc16 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:40 am

Rockape wrote:Its true that the young have little to fear from the virus, most don't even know they have it! The oldies on the other hand, are reading every negative report and taking the worst points and multiplying them in their minds. This leads to many thinking that post vaccinations, they still need to worry about people bringing in new variants that will kill them....so will continue to stay at home where possible.

This week, I was walking my dog down a footpath that was at least 4m wide and a couple in their 70's waited at the end until I came through, so they didn't have to go near me. And....they've had the vaccine, it would be pretty clear that I had the vaccine, there are virtually no cases in the area to speak of either. Some people are actually just loving the whole saga!

Agreed. It will also take a huge amount of effort for many to get over the fears and anxieties regarding corona that we’ve experienced over the last year or so.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:48 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Then look a bit harder ..... it isn't that hard. (Hint - try Quantas and then go from there)

I'll believe it when my insurance company tells me they're going to double my rates, until then what you're claiming doesn't apply to me and is just propaganda.

I fly British Airways when I go between the US and UK and they aren't prohibiting people who haven't been vaccinated from flying, they require a covid test, like I already said.

:dontknow:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Phil71 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:09 pm

If you don't get the vaccine you're at risk of catching it and spreading it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:33 pm

Phil71 wrote:If you don't get the vaccine you're at risk of catching it and spreading it.

People who are worried about catching it can get the vaccine and won't have to worry about it.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:It's impossible to know what the long term side effects might be.

Don't tell LMAO whatever you do, he'll think your only saying that because of Marvin Hagler.

:doh:

Oh f**k off. My comment was about those on the fence that that news might've pushed over.

IIRC, VaVa has been against getting a vaccine since last year because of the unknown risks associated with the rapid development and deployment.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:56 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I fly British Airways when I go between the US and UK and they aren't prohibiting people who haven't been vaccinated from flying, they require a covid test, like I already said.

Countries are taking about implementing COVID passports for things like international travel, concerts, etc. We're working on at least 5 potential options, but Biden said he doesn't want the government to get involved with the development and all that, and that it has to be done by the private sector.

But yeah, most of it is probably fear mongering and I don't see COVID passports working long-term (maybe only for the rest of the year but that's about it if at all). I don't think it'll be like some African countries where you have to provide proof of being vaccinated against yellow fever in order to travel there. Once herd immunity is reached, I doubt things like travel will even require negative tests.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:08 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Don't tell LMAO whatever you do, he'll think your only saying that because of Marvin Hagler.

:doh:

Oh f**k off. My comment was about those on the fence that that news might've pushed over.

IIRC, VaVa has been against getting a vaccine since last year because of the unknown risks associated with the rapid development and deployment.

:rofll:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:11 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Phil71 wrote:If you don't get the vaccine you're at risk of catching it and spreading it.

People who are worried about catching it can get the vaccine and won't have to worry about it.

Exactly.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:30 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:Then look a bit harder ..... it isn't that hard. (Hint - try Quantas and then go from there)

I'll believe it when my insurance company tells me they're going to double my rates, until then what you're claiming doesn't apply to me and is just propaganda.

I fly British Airways when I go between the US and UK and they aren't prohibiting people who haven't been vaccinated from flying, they require a covid test, like I already said.

:dontknow:

No you said no airlines were going to do it - I just pointed out you were wrong - but whatever it's your call and you will have to live with or without the consequences.

and just for you here's the insurance view on increased costs for non-vaccinated - propaganda if you will.

https://www.jsinsurance.co.uk/blog/travel-insurance-and-covid-19-vaccines/
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:31 pm

France back in to lockdown

Third wave coming for us
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:38 pm

EliteKiller wrote:No you said no airlines were going to do it - I just pointed out you were wrong - but whatever it's your call and you will have to live with or without the consequences.

Nice strawman attempt. This is what I said:

I haven't seen any airlines stipulating this, you just have to have tests proving you're covid negative.

But this is not even required by the CDC. However most major airlines do require testing (which I already said).

So far it looks like Qantas is the only airline that have said vaccination will be mandatory, but if you want to latch onto the outlier and act like that's the new standard which all airlines are going by that's fine.

Also, I'll let you know when my insurance rates double.

Show the spoiler
They won't
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:11 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:No you said no airlines were going to do it - I just pointed out you were wrong - but whatever it's your call and you will have to live with or without the consequences.

Nice strawman attempt. This is what I said:

I haven't seen any airlines stipulating this, you just have to have tests proving you're covid negative.

But this is not even required by the CDC. However most major airlines do require testing (which I already said).

So far it looks like Qantas is the only airline that have said vaccination will be mandatory, but if you want to latch onto the outlier and act like that's the new standard which all airlines are going by that's fine.

Also, I'll let you know when my insurance rates double.

Show the spoiler
They won't

Just ignore him, do what you want.

I bet Quantas backs down soon when their flights are half empty with people going to competitors.

For me its about principal as much as anything else, we all have the right to choose, I won't be shoehorned into anything, especially not by some jumped up airline.

Money always talks at the end of the day, companies only "take a stand" as long as its financially viable.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee