Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:36 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:People's safety is paramount

So they should keep their vaccinated arses indoors and let the rest of us that want to live as best we can the opportunity to do so

You have it the wrong way.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:37 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Tbh I'm wondering what all the fuss is about?

They're quaking about Covid coming ........ but its already here, we have Covid!

Yes its another "variant" but unless the vaccine is completely useless against it, what's the big deal? I mean it shouldn't be useless, lets not pretend its a completely new diesease, its still Covid.

Are we to have a meltdown everytime a variant arrives because viruses natually mutate regardless.

They'll be doing this for years, sell, sell, sell its like the Private medical companies couldn't take over our NHS so they found another way for us to become their customers.

This is what happens when you don't have enough data because your clinical trials were rushed and inadequate.

World governments are winging it, they don't have a clue!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:40 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:FFS

Why are you worried?

"Sajid Javid says the detection of two cases of the latest World Health Organisation variant of concern illustrates the urgent need for people to get vaccinated."

The good old vaccine works according to Javid so you should be fine.

......... has he even had factual data to state that the current vaccine even works against this strain?

No, but who cares, he's just a propaganda man for £££.

This is why people don't trust the Gov't on this subject, they bleated "Once we get the vaccine everything will return to normal" well half the country and its increasing, are vaccinated yet there is a new doomsday headline every day.

There are still more potential customers out there, sell, sell, sell.

Ach wrote:Close the borders

Go in to lockdown

You are a proper scrooge aren't you. :rofll:

But I agree there is a case for closing the borders until they identify if the vaccine is effective.

Rather closed borders than a lock down.

Exactly, we were sold the idea that the vaccine would return us to normal life. Someone tell me what part of life at the moment is f***ing normal!!

If so many people hadn't been vaccinated we'd be in full lockdown.

No we wouldn't, increasing number of vaccinations has done NOTHING to reduce or slow down the rate of infections.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:44 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Why are you worried?

"Sajid Javid says the detection of two cases of the latest World Health Organisation variant of concern illustrates the urgent need for people to get vaccinated."

......... has he even had factual data to state that the current vaccine even works against this strain?

This is why people don't trust the Gov't on this subject, they bleated "Once we get the vaccine everything will return to normal" well half the country and its increasing, are vaccinated yet there is a new doomsday headline every day.

Go in to lockdown

But I agree there is a case for closing the borders until they identify if the vaccine is effective.

Exactly, we were sold the idea that the vaccine would return us to normal life. Someone tell me what part of life at the moment is f***ing normal!!

No we wouldn't, increasing number of vaccinations has done NOTHING to reduce or slow down the rate of infections.

For the love of God I don't know how many times this point has to be made.

It has drastically reduced the number of people being hospitalised and/or dying from it.

Between July and September this year there were 27 covid-related deaths in vaccinated people. There were 850 covid related deaths in unvaccinated people.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:47 pm

So this is day 13 for me now, my chesty cough is more of an annoying tickly cough but, alas, frequent coughing bouts lead to headaches and a lie down.

The 2 biggest ongoing issues I have are a daily loss of energy at about 13:00 and lasts the rest of the day, means I can only effectively work from home for half day in the morning. The other issue is a daily temp at around 15:00, 37.8°c to around 38.5°c.

Not gonna lie, the energy loss/lethargy is kicking my arse, plus a complete loss of appetite. Didn't think I would still be feeling this still, seriously thinking about getting vaccinated at some point so I get reduced symptoms if I catch this foolishness again.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:55 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Why are you worried?

Go in to lockdown

For the love of God I don't know how many times this point has to be made.

It has drastically reduced the number of people being hospitalised and/or dying from it.

Between July and September this year there were 27 covid-related deaths in vaccinated people. There were 850 covid related deaths in unvaccinated people.

Phil, when are you going to get a clue??? The lockdowns were brought in to smash/reduce the high number of daily infections. Thats it. What part of that do you not understand???? It had NOTHING to do with hospitalisations

So when someone says that we are not in lockdown because so many people got vaccinated, its pure bullcrap.

The infection rate is as high as it has ever been, the reason we don't have a lockdown is because the government said there would be no further lockdowns.

For f***ing hell's sake man!! We are firmly in Plan A, Plan B doesn't even involve a lockdown!! So I will say again, us not being in lockdown has NOTHING to do with the vaccinated.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:16 pm

:lol:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:00 pm

theHotHead wrote:Phil, when are you going to get a clue??? The lockdowns were brought in to smash/reduce the high number of daily infections. Thats it. What part of that do you not understand???? It had NOTHING to do with hospitalisations

So when someone says that we are not in lockdown because so many people got vaccinated, its pure bullcrap.

I cant speak for the UK, but here in The Netherlands the hospitalisations are the primary reason that we are going back in a partial lockdown. Currently, 10-15% of our population is not vaccinated, meanwhile they are the 70% of the people in the hospitals. Our care is reaching its absolute maximum capacity and we are already transfering patients to Germany, hence we are forced in a partial lockdown.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:58 am

Phil71 wrote:If so many people hadn't been vaccinated we'd be in full lockdown.

Yup. Anyone bringing up lockdowns as a measure to flatten the curve as a gotcha only has it half right, and it's willful ignorance at this point to continue peddling that line.

Lockdowns were to slow transmission...(and this is the part always left out)...so hospital systems wouldn't get overwhelmed. The people currently hogging up hospital beds are mostly the unvaccinated. Here in America at the end of September since that's the most recent publicly available data from the CDC, hospitalization rates for the unvaccinated compared to the vaccinated are:
- 10x for 12-17
- 14x for 18-49
- 13x for 50-64
- 6x for 65+
- 9x for 18+

Hospital systems would be up shit creek even more without vaccines.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:03 pm

LMAO wrote:
Phil71 wrote:If so many people hadn't been vaccinated we'd be in full lockdown.

Yup. Anyone bringing up lockdowns as a measure to flatten the curve as a gotcha only has it half right, and it's willful ignorance at this point to continue peddling that line.

Lockdowns were to slow transmission...(and this is the part always left out)...so hospital systems wouldn't get overwhelmed. The people currently hogging up hospital beds are mostly the unvaccinated. Here in America at the end of September since that's the most recent publicly available data from the CDC, hospitalization rates for the unvaccinated compared to the vaccinated are:
- 10x for 12-17
- 14x for 18-49
- 13x for 50-64
- 6x for 65+
- 9x for 18+

Hospital systems would be up shit creek even more without vaccines.

Lucky we have so many 'sheep' and 'lemmings'.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:51 pm

3pm briefing coming up.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:51 pm

So, they reckon that Moderna and Pfizer offer better immunity as a booster. People who cannot have these vaccines are still being urged to have an Astrazeneca booster as it will offer more protection than no booster. Why can't I choose Astrazeneca for a booster then?
Goonerred

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:30 pm

theHotHead wrote:Phil, when are you going to get a clue??? The lockdowns were brought in to smash/reduce the high number of daily infections. Thats it. What part of that do you not understand???? It had NOTHING to do with hospitalisations

The infection rate is as high as it has ever been, the reason we don't have a lockdown is because the government said there would be no further lockdowns.

For f***ing hell's sake man!! We are firmly in Plan A, Plan B doesn't even involve a lockdown!! So I will say again, us not being in lockdown has NOTHING to do with the vaccinated.

You can't be this ignorant, can you?

Vaccinations DO NOT stop you from getting an infection, just think about it. The mindless virus doesn't approach a person and go 'oh no they've had a vaccination I'm off' ... the virus mindlessly still infects that person, it's only because, after being vaccinated, hopefully, that person now has the antibodies to resist the infection.

For f***ing hell's sake man! This is about as basic as medicine gets ... vaccinations DO NOT prevent infection they just prevent, or reduce the level of that infection, and thus the need for medical intervention.

It has everything to do with reducing hospitalizations and fatalities, I'm amazed you manage to dress and feed yourself.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:24 pm

:lol:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:35 pm

Goonerred wrote:So, they reckon that Moderna and Pfizer offer better immunity as a booster. People who cannot have these vaccines are still being urged to have an Astrazeneca booster as it will offer more protection than no booster. Why can't I choose Astrazeneca for a booster then?

It's a waste of time in my view. There is no scientific proof that this is more deadly than the original. It's nothing more than knee-jerk panic.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee