Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Phil71 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:Mark another double vaxxed person on the list of peeps that caught covid. This time, its my boss, after he just received his booster jab.

It's unlikely he'll become seriously ill though.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:25 pm

theHotHead wrote:Mark another double vaxxed person on the list of peeps that caught covid. This time, its my boss, after he just received his booster jab.

Thank you for contributing this worthless piece of information.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:34 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Yes I'll be interested to know how he gets on with his symptoms.

Your boss can be our little test case for how a vaccinated person gets affected. lol
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:48 pm

I know loads of people who’ve been double vaxxed but caught the virus. One lost his taste, but most have felt pretty rough for a few days. None have been in your state and nothing like Santi’s had it.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:48 pm

One-off cases mean nothing. Even if he dies it has absolutely no bearing on the efficacy studies that have already been conducted with 10s of thousands of people. Same goes for you and Santi. It might mean a lot for your personal beliefs but would it change anything if you were one of the lucky ones with mild symptoms? Absolutely not.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Santi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Rockape wrote:I know loads of people who’ve been double vaxxed but caught the virus. One lost his taste, but most have felt pretty rough for a few days. None have been in your state and nothing like Santi’s had it.

Yep, like I said the Mrs got this thing first and she has had asthma her whole life and severe allergies. She’s doubled jabbed, had a couple of days with a sniffle and lost her taste (funny I didn’t).

There’s no doubt on the effectiveness of the vaccine on the whole, there will be edge cases in both directions but really beyond pointless arguing at this rate.

Tbh I never doubted the vaccine helping symptoms I was just overly cautious on putting it into my body but wish I’d done it earlier now. Would recommend anyone to have it, still personal choice and I know the waning effectiveness is disappointing but I’m damn sure it’s better to have the vaccine than not.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:40 pm

That's exactly why I won't take any test for it because it's pointless if you're going to get it regardless of if you're vaccinated or not. Especially if they are coming up with nonsense like there's a new variant which is symptomless (otherwise referred to as feeling normal).
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:57 am

Good to hear everyone is on the mend. Cases vary wildy. Vaccinated or unvaccinated from my own personal experience.

The Covid pills will most likely be the game changer. There is no way to vaccinate 100% of the world's population every six months.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:24 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Rockape wrote::rolleyes: HH, you’re not seeing the woods for the trees!

We’re not having a lockdown because most of the (vaccinated) people getting the virus aren’t getting ill with it, so they are not going to hospital, not overwhelming the NHS and getting back to work after a week.

Thats if you assume the lockdown was put in place to reduce the number of people going to hospital. But it wasn't, the lockdown was put in place to halt the spread of the virus - and nothing else. Remember the "circuit breaker"?! Designed to shut down the transmissions in as short a period possible.

If you reduce the number of infections that will in turn reduce the number of people being hospitalised.

The government had a choice between letting it run unchecked and have many, many more people become seriously ill and/or die, or go into lockdown. Almost every civilised country in the world adopted the very same measures.

Yes, and that WAS the case, but now we have high infections and most of the population are fully vaxxed. Our high number of infections is the reason we are on France's Amber list.

No Christmas Lockdown has nothing to do with our vaccinations, just hammering that point home
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:30 pm

Jedi wrote:

My pleasure, good to know I am able to shut down you donuts harping on about Vaccinations being the be-all and end-all. By all accounts he has been knocked for six

But but but, if you get the vaccine you won't catch it easily (caught it easily enough from his daughter) :rofll:

Real world facts that show you are not correct. Oh let me guess, he is a one off, he is a special case?!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:33 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Well he has cancelled a load of meetings, he told me he had the same hot and cold shivers, lethargy and aches throughout his body that I told him I had, plus I could see him coughing up his lungs on webcam.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:38 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Your boss can be our little test case for how a vaccinated person gets affected. lol

So, he confirmed a chesty cough, hot and cold spells, lethargy and aches and pains over his body. Now, he initially told us at the beginning of the week it was because he had just had his booster jab - and when we discussed with another one of our colleagues she confirmed she felt dreadful for days after having her booster jab.

So I don't know how much of the symptoms are down to the booster jab or the fact he actually has Covid
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:55 pm

A friend caught Covid after being double jabbed. He had the cough and the sweats but got over it in about 12 days. He might have done that without the jab, who knows?
Last edited by Goonerred on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:02 pm

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

So, he confirmed a chesty cough, hot and cold spells, lethargy and aches and pains over his body. Now, he initially told us at the beginning of the week it was because he had just had his booster jab - and when we discussed with another one of our colleagues she confirmed she felt dreadful for days after having her booster jab.

So I don't know how much of the symptoms are down to the booster jab or the fact he actually has Covid

I did get told when I had my booster jab (Pfizer after two jabs of AZ) that they had a lot of people complaining about feeling poorly afterwards and that I should rest, take paracetamol etc. if it did affect me.

I had no effects other than a sore arm.

I'd suggest that those who do feel poorly afterwards should take some comfort from the fact that their body has had to deal with the jab. That's the whole point of it really - for your body to react and subsequently produce antibodies.

I guess people's bodies react in different ways, depending on a wide range of things. I found out only the other day that it's possible to have two different cold viruses at the same time. A doctor told me that. It probably accounts for a lot of the times when people get badly affected by what they think is a cold, when it is in fact maybe two colds.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:21 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Jedi wrote:

My pleasure, good to know I am able to shut down you donuts harping on about Vaccinations being the be-all and end-all. By all accounts he has been knocked for six

But but but, if you get the vaccine you won't catch it easily (caught it easily enough from his daughter) :rofll:

Real world facts that show you are not correct. Oh let me guess, he is a one off, he is a special case?!

"My boss had his seatbelt on and his car had airbags but he still got injured in a crash"
"My boss wore a kevlar vest but when the bullet hit he still got a bruise"
"I took a pain med but I still have a headache"

It's a f***ing preventative measure that stops you from getting really sick. We've covered this same rehashed point about 1 million times in this thread. You're actually psychotic if you don't understand it by now. You're experiencing psychosis. Log off and go to therapy.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee