Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Rockape » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Santi wrote:
Rockape wrote:Sounds terrifying…..just getting worse and worse and getting to the point where it’s out of control and wondering if you’re going to make it.

Yeah man this was the big killer really. I have always had a bit of a disdain for ‘mental health’ issues as I think a lot of people these days over exaggerate them and use them to their advantage as it can’t really be proven, but over the last two weeks I’ve really gotten much more of an appreciation for the struggles people can go through.

I still think there will be abuse of the term unfortunately but I really feel like I get it much more, the mental torture was worse than the physical effects of this bloody virus.

No doubt it's an experience you'll never forget.

You're right to talk about how it's affected you mentally. People often tend to hold back with these things, but getting it off your chest and out in the open is better for everyone.

Don't try to rush things. Take it easy and keep on that road to recovery. It may take some time, but you'll get there.

To two things often taken for granted. Health and happiness. :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

Quite right Phil.....agree with all of that. Great that you're on the road to recovery Santi......as Phil says, take it easy! It sounds like its really knocked you sideways, but never be ashamed to admit it. :clap:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:58 pm

Santi wrote:I’m getting there now, kept a bunch of food down yesterday and sleep is more consistent. Just a case of building power back over the next week or so now, but feel so much better the last 24-48 hours. Mentally in a whole different place now I can feel some progress and light at the end of the tunnel.

Really appreciated all the comments chaps, this whole thing ended up making me as emotional as f**k at times as well so really just kind wishes meant everything.

Let’s gooooo

Glad you're doing better.

Get that vaccine. And stay safe! :)
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Antibodies are stronger than the vaccine, but I guess it should still be done just for the papers.

(I am fully vaxed by the way)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:48 pm

wrong thread
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:50 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:Antibodies are stronger than the vaccine, but I guess it should still be done just for the papers.

(I am fully vaxed by the way)

wut?

(The vaccines produce antibodies.)
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:04 pm

About 24 hours later from my booster, my shoulder is sore where the injection was administered, but other than that, I'm fine.

Like with the first and second doses, I'll gladly take mild discomfort over actually suffering with the virus.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 pm

Rockape wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Rockape wrote:I think the argument on whether to take the vaccine or not, is over!

Yep.

And everyone can thank those who did go and get the vaccine for not having a lockdown this Christmas.

Why?? Have you not seen the number of daily new infections?!! The vaccinations have done nothing to reduce the number of peak infections BEFORE the vaccines were rolled out. In fact, 6 or so weeks ago daily infections were at the highest point they had ever been

Really HH?? I know you don’t like to be wrong, but we have two fit youngish guys really struggling to the point that one of them wasn’t sure he was going to make it. If he’d had the vaccine, chances are he’d have lost his sense of taste and smell for a couple of days.

I really hope you don’t get into the state Santi has, but if you do, I’m sure you’ll be changing your mind pretty quickly.

No im not talking about the effectiveness of the vaccine in reducing the symptoms, to be honest, for as shit as I feel, I kinda dont wanna have to go through this shit again.

Im talking about the claim that the vaccinated prevented another Christmas lockdown, thats totally bogus, because up until 6 weeks ago new infections were at the highest they have been at since the pandemic started, in England. The fact of the matter is we were never going to have another lockdown because Boris said so.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:26 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Rockape wrote:I think the argument on whether to take the vaccine or not, is over!

Yep.

And everyone can thank those who did go and get the vaccine for not having a lockdown this Christmas.

Why?? Have you not seen the number of daily new infections?!! The vaccinations have done nothing to reduce the number of peak infections BEFORE the vaccines were rolled out. In fact, 6 or so weeks ago daily infections were at the highest point they had ever been

There's infections then there's infections that hospitalise
or kill people.

Stats from the period July to Sept 2021:

Deaths from Covid 19 in the UK

Unvaccinated - 850
Received only the first dose less than 21 days ago - 193
Received only the first dose at least 21 days ago - 105
Received the second dose less than 21 days ago - 7
Received the second dose at least 21 days ago - 26

Phil your stats are irrelevant, the government is only concerned with the r number and/or how many infections per 100,000 people are getting infected.

The fact that the infection rate was recently the highest it has been at - despite the number of double vaxxed people in the country, tells you the vaccinated had nothing to do with us not having a Christmas lockdown. The PM said there will be no more lockdowns.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:33 pm

:rolleyes: HH, you’re not seeing the woods for the trees!

We’re not having a lockdown because most of the (vaccinated) people getting the virus aren’t getting ill with it, so they are not going to hospital, not overwhelming the NHS and getting back to work after a week.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:36 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Yep.

or kill people.

Unvaccinated - 850

Phil your stats are irrelevant, the government is only concerned with the r number and/or how many infections per 100,000 people are getting infected.

The fact that the infection rate was recently the highest it has been at - despite the number of double vaxxed people in the country, tells you the vaccinated had nothing to do with us not having a Christmas lockdown. The PM said there will be no more lockdowns.

I'm not talking about infection rates. Yes you can still get the virus if you're fully vaccinated. But... the numbers above show that you are 33 times more likely to die from it if you get it when you're unvaccinated.

That's my point.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:40 pm

Rockape wrote:
DG:
But I'm going to see how my new immune system is going to handle it from now, but yes if I get it like that again I'd be likely having to get the vaccine, although the thought of them pumping that sht in me every year isn't appealling at all.

Well in the short term, your new immunity will hopefully keep the worst symptoms at bay, but if this virus drags on for years to come, I’d be amazed if you really want to risk going through that again. None of us want to keep having jabs, but it’s keeping us all alive.

So interestingly I did a little research on natural immunity from recovery, the reports varied from 3 months to up to 5 years. I seemed to get the impression also that the strength of the antibodies are stronger for longer after recovery than being vaccinated.

I definitely don't want to go through this again, but perhaps I won't have to, Im gonna get some antibody tests done and see where I am
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:44 pm

Rockape wrote::rolleyes: HH, you’re not seeing the woods for the trees!

We’re not having a lockdown because most of the (vaccinated) people getting the virus aren’t getting ill with it, so they are not going to hospital, not overwhelming the NHS and getting back to work after a week.

Thats if you assume the lockdown was put in place to reduce the number of people going to hospital. But it wasn't, the lockdown was put in place to halt the spread of the virus - and nothing else. Remember the "circuit breaker"?! Designed to shut down the transmissions in as short a period possible.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:47 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Yep.

or kill people.

Unvaccinated - 850

I'm not talking about infection rates. Yes you can still get the virus if you're fully vaccinated. But... the numbers above show that you are 33 times more likely to die from it if you get it when you're unvaccinated.

That's my point.

I don't think anyone has said the vaccine has not helped prevent serious illness, thats an argument that absolutely nobody is making.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:48 pm

Mark another double vaxxed person on the list of peeps that caught covid. This time, its my boss, after he just received his booster jab.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:49 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Rockape wrote::rolleyes: HH, you’re not seeing the woods for the trees!

Thats if you assume the lockdown was put in place to reduce the number of people going to hospital. But it wasn't, the lockdown was put in place to halt the spread of the virus - and nothing else. Remember the "circuit breaker"?! Designed to shut down the transmissions in as short a period possible.

If you reduce the number of infections that will in turn reduce the number of people being hospitalised.

The government had a choice between letting it run unchecked and have many, many more people become seriously ill and/or die, or go into lockdown. Almost every civilised country in the world adopted the very same measures.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee