Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:13 pm

LMAO wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:Why do people have such an issue wearing masks? It's not a big deal. I can understand if elderly people find it discomforting but most of the people who don't wear masks are either youngsters or middle-aged people.

Just wear it. Maintain safe distancing. And only go out when you need to (for work, to exercise, etc.)

What's so difficult in that?

Because it's a symbol of the state forcing things upon us. I proudly do not wear a mask and I will never do so. I have a genuine medical exemption and a card to that effect so no one is going to try to shame me into obeying these un-British diktats since they are completely unenforceable too.

Do you also refuse to wear your seatbelt?

Different.

Seatbelt is proven to save lives and you are in a state of danger travelling at speeds.

We wear masks only at certain times, not at home, not at these "6 max tables" its being spread regardless, the whole things a crock of sh*t and not thought out properly.

Sweden shows that masks do little, again, they are the elephant in the room, no lockdown and stats no worse.
But then the Nordic states tend to have more common sense than the rest of the world where our Gov't jump at the chance to test trampling our civil rights and expanding the big brother state, they used to use terrorism as an excuse now they've found something even better.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:17 pm

There you go, article on Swedens lacks rules and no worse off than any other nation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... virus.html
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:Why do people have such an issue wearing masks? It's not a big deal. I can understand if elderly people find it discomforting but most of the people who don't wear masks are either youngsters or middle-aged people.

Just wear it. Maintain safe distancing. And only go out when you need to (for work, to exercise, etc.)

Because it's a symbol of the state forcing things upon us. I proudly do not wear a mask and I will never do so. I have a genuine medical exemption and a card to that effect so no one is going to try to shame me into obeying these un-British diktats since they are completely unenforceable too.

Different.

Seatbelt is proven to save lives and you are in a state of danger travelling at speeds.

We wear masks only at certain times, not at home, not at these "6 max tables" its being spread regardless, the whole things a crock of sh*t and not thought out properly.

Sweden shows that masks do little, again, they are the elephant in the room, no lockdown and stats no worse.
But then the Nordic states tend to have more common sense than the rest of the world where our Gov't jump at the chance to test trampling our civil rights and expanding the big brother state, they used to use terrorism as an excuse now they've found something even better.

Surgical and N95 masks are proven to prevent or dramatically reduce (can't remember which it is) airborne particles from spreading to and from your mouth and nose. I'll agree that cloth or fabric masks do little.

But my point was that most sensible governments mandate seatbelts to be worn in most vehicles. Yet people don't see that as the state infringing upon their rights.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Different.

If you get on the tube you are with hundreds of people you dont know, dont trust and cant trace. Same in a shop. That shopkeeper has hundreds of people coming into his shop who he cant trace, and he is at risk from them. Yes if its a quick transaction the risk from any individual is smaller, but with hundreds going in and out there is a significant risk

Bottom line is, dont be selfish
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:31 pm

I've stated multiple times that I def would wear one if I was ever unlucky enough to have to use public transport and I even wear them in the shops when I know I'm going (which only 2/3 people wear them).

What I'm saying is people can bring it home from school, work, pub with the selected 6 mates all sorts, in fact we don't wear masks anywhere near enough for them to be properly useful and what, 70% of us including me only have those sh*t cheap cloth masks.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:34 pm

LMAO wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Seatbelts are proven to save lives, masks are not.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:37 pm

I find the mask debate so damn hilarious. It either helps prevent the spread of the disease in a big way—and a lot more studies are backing this up—or it has a minimal impact. Why take the risk? Is it that inconvenient to wear a piece of cloth over your face when you're in indoor public areas?

Reeks of selfishness and self-entitlement. Even if it doesn't protect you much, be a decent citizen and make a tiny change to your everyday life to help protect others.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:44 pm

Ughh.

"Educate yourselves."
"Nobody is sick, sweatheart."
"Go online, read and learn."

:BangHead:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Zenith wrote:Ughh.

"Educate yourselves."

Have you seen the one about the nutter who smashed all the wine in a supermarket after being asked to follow the one way system?

Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:54 pm

"Educate yourselves."

Its good in a way. If you know someone who states these views you know theyre a knobhead and not to trust them in other aspects of life

Including employment
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm

Sounds like she gets her information from godlikeproductions.

I don't get the hoax things at all. Trump's thing is making the economy boom and Boris is banking everything on Brexit being a success, why on earth would they spend so many hundreds of billions if it was a hoax. It makes no sense, I can understand those who debate we are going too far in terms of economy vs health impact balance but to actually say that it is a hoax and noone is sick is a madness.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Thick c**** believe it’s a hoax because they can’t fathom the fact that some things in life are naturally shit

They always believe there has to be something bigger behind everything bad in the world

Which is absolutely bonkers
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:40 pm

"Educate yourselves."

Wish covid would wipe this type of c*** off the earth tbh.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:09 pm

Sims wrote:Thick c**** believe it’s a hoax because they can’t fathom the fact that some things in life are naturally shit

They always believe there has to be something bigger behind everything bad in the world

Which is absolutely bonkers

yeah fully agree. I have someone at work that believes every single conspiracy theory there is..

- we are all puppets
- vaccines give kids autism
- Covid is created by the supreme leaders to kill us
- Covid is just a flu
and so on

drives me nuts ffs
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:48 pm

You can worry about government intrusion into peoples lives and not be a f***ing fruitloop at the same time

eg:

"I'm worried that the government are using or will use Covid as an excuse to infringe on civil liberties" OK

"Covid is fake, masks dont help and its all just a conspiracy by the government to infringe on civil liberties" Not OK. You need to be put in Broadmoor

See the difference?

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee