Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:36 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:No because you're an idiot.

Again using analogies that just don't add up or are irrelevant to the subject.

How is someone who is unvaccinated putting anyone's lives at risk ffs?

If your vaccinated what do you have to fear from the unvaccinated?

Plus unvaxxed have to test in crowded settings, so the only people putting peoples lives at risk are the vaxxed who keep acting like they can't spread it, being able to board planes with a green light .......... who do you think bought Omicron here.

Your arguments have nothing to back them up whatsoever.

Moronic - there is simply no point in debating with someone this stupid.

Vaccines work - just ask the tens of millions alive today because of vaccines - you sir are a feckin' idiot.

............. he calls me an idiot? with that reply.

Fkin t***er can't even get right what I said, I never questioned if vaccines work, I said HOW IS SOMEONE unvaccinated putting anyones lives at risk?

Both can spread it, both can catch it,

If you are vaccinated what do you have to fear from unvaccinated, you have your protection so what's the issue?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:20 am

Power n Glory wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Thank you. Again.....

It's the arrogance. I don't recall you mentioning T Cells whenever the topic of natural immunity and alternatives to the vaccine have been mentioned. So if it is something you've always known then you haven't shared it. Why? Especially since this has been an ongoing topic.

So with a quick Google search you're able to find studies from science journals supporting what the doc and some posters have said about natural immunity as alternative. You're urgency to prove me wrong is just backing up what has previously been said about most people should have some form of protection after recovering from Covid. It makes no sense for this Dr to lose his job if it can be proven that he has immunity and the science backs it up.

I'm not claiming the Dr is an expert in this field, but he knows more than you. You're attempt to discredit his status, just furthers his argument. Smart. What's worse, I can't understand why you have argued fo people to their lose jobs and freedoms if you've always known the science backs up what has been said about t cells and antibodies. That's disturbing.

Again.....

I haven't made a big fuss about antibodies either.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong. Your opinion isn't what matters. It's about the anaesthetist's. It's like math class. You don't get full credit if you don't show your work or use the correct formula, even if you happen to arrive at the correct answer. You get partial or no credit. I would certainly hope the guy knows more than me when it comes to medicine, but that still doesn't take away him not using the 'correct' formula to arrive at his conclusion (as I've shown that there are multiple studies showing a decent amount of people who've contracted COVID didn't produce antibodies), so he gets docked points.

Hmm...you sure I've argued that? Because I can point to posts were I also included natural immunity as a get out of jail free card, so to speak. But you seemed to have skipped over that part.

Was that short conversation supposed to be a full on presentation for Javid? It's not like a maths test because Sajid isn't an expert in this field and doesn’t have a medical background. Also, he didn’t use the wrong formula because studies have shown that antibodies do protect against Covid as well as T cells. Some studies may have shown that not everybody produces antibodies to protect against Covid, but he wasn't arguing for the general public. He was arguing his own case and why he thinks it's unfair for him to lose his job if not vaccinated. If he can prove he has antibodies from a previous infection and that he's not a risk, it's a fair point.

You're welcome to find any previous posts where you've backed natural immunity but if that's the case, what are you arguing for? Are you in favour of healthcare workers losing their jobs and putting further strain on the NHS even if immunity can be proven without the vaccine? Because that is what this is about and you're debunking it. Why?

Most recent exchanges I recall from you was that post backing Biden's speech, which was described as Trump like straight shooting, which I thought was hypocritical. Also your posts backing vaccine mandates and disagreeing with the comparison to Apartied or Segregation because a person can't change their race but can change their vaccination status.

Literally a reply to you agreeing with you :rofll: viewtopic.php?p=1979303#p1979303 (and you can go two posts down for an additional data point)

Also, the point about antibodies is that antibodies wane relatively quickly, but T cells remain in a person's system much longer.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:15 am

LMAO wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Thank you. Again.....

It's the arrogance. I don't recall you mentioning T Cells whenever the topic of natural immunity and alternatives to the vaccine have been mentioned. So if it is something you've always known then you haven't shared it. Why? Especially since this has been an ongoing topic.

So with a quick Google search you're able to find studies from science journals supporting what the doc and some posters have said about natural immunity as alternative. You're urgency to prove me wrong is just backing up what has previously been said about most people should have some form of protection after recovering from Covid. It makes no sense for this Dr to lose his job if it can be proven that he has immunity and the science backs it up.

I'm not claiming the Dr is an expert in this field, but he knows more than you. You're attempt to discredit his status, just furthers his argument. Smart. What's worse, I can't understand why you have argued fo people to their lose jobs and freedoms if you've always known the science backs up what has been said about t cells and antibodies. That's disturbing.

Again.....

I haven't made a big fuss about antibodies either.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong. Your opinion isn't what matters. It's about the anaesthetist's. It's like math class. You don't get full credit if you don't show your work or use the correct formula, even if you happen to arrive at the correct answer. You get partial or no credit. I would certainly hope the guy knows more than me when it comes to medicine, but that still doesn't take away him not using the 'correct' formula to arrive at his conclusion (as I've shown that there are multiple studies showing a decent amount of people who've contracted COVID didn't produce antibodies), so he gets docked points.

Hmm...you sure I've argued that? Because I can point to posts were I also included natural immunity as a get out of jail free card, so to speak. But you seemed to have skipped over that part.

Was that short conversation supposed to be a full on presentation for Javid? It's not like a maths test because Sajid isn't an expert in this field and doesn’t have a medical background. Also, he didn’t use the wrong formula because studies have shown that antibodies do protect against Covid as well as T cells. Some studies may have shown that not everybody produces antibodies to protect against Covid, but he wasn't arguing for the general public. He was arguing his own case and why he thinks it's unfair for him to lose his job if not vaccinated. If he can prove he has antibodies from a previous infection and that he's not a risk, it's a fair point.

You're welcome to find any previous posts where you've backed natural immunity but if that's the case, what are you arguing for? Are you in favour of healthcare workers losing their jobs and putting further strain on the NHS even if immunity can be proven without the vaccine? Because that is what this is about and you're debunking it. Why?

Most recent exchanges I recall from you was that post backing Biden's speech, which was described as Trump like straight shooting, which I thought was hypocritical. Also your posts backing vaccine mandates and disagreeing with the comparison to Apartied or Segregation because a person can't change their race but can change their vaccination status.

Literally a reply to you agreeing with you :rofll: viewtopic.php?p=1979303#p1979303 (and you can go two posts down for an additional data point)

Also, the point about antibodies is that antibodies wane relatively quickly, but T cells remain in a person's system much longer.

Look at that. Posted last September and you didn’t mention T Cells either despite learning about it in 2020. Points docked?

Again, what are you doing? The doc has made the same point I made, that you backed last September. You also made a good point about testing for antibodies, which is what I've said could be the reason why the doc has made this particular point about antibodies. Yet you're attempting to discredit an argument he's using that could save his job. You can see the argument about natural immunity/vaccination on the board today and you're not chiming in to say the doc has made a valid point and it would be wrong for him to lose his job, are you?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:46 pm

Next has cut sick pay for unvaccinated staff who must self-isolate because of Covid exposure, the BBC has learned.

Unvaccinated staff will still get full sick pay if they test positive for the virus.

The retailer's move follows a similar one by Ikea. Next acknowledged it was an "emotive topic" but said it had to balance staff and shareholder needs.

It comes as employers face mass absences due to the rapid spread of the Omicron variant.

It is unclear when Next made the change but it is believed to have been recent.

Unvaccinated workers at the retailer who test positive are still being paid in full for the time they need off. Next currently pays store sales consultants and stock assistants between £6.55 and £9.21 an hour and warehouse operatives between £9.30 and £11.26 an hour.

But unvaccinated workers who are required to isolate having been identified as a close contact of someone with Covid could now receive as little as £96.35 a week - the Statutory Sick Pay minimum - unless there are mitigating circumstances.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59963700

Scumbag move from next...so you get punished for being pinged rather than specifically being unvaccinated but that's even less of a persons fault. I'd be more okay with them cutting pay for unvaccinated people who test positive themselves, although that's still disgusting.

All this will do is encourage people to ignore the pings and keep going to work.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:14 pm

Santi wrote:
Next has cut sick pay for unvaccinated staff who must self-isolate because of Covid exposure, the BBC has learned.

Unvaccinated staff will still get full sick pay if they test positive for the virus.

The retailer's move follows a similar one by Ikea. Next acknowledged it was an "emotive topic" but said it had to balance staff and shareholder needs.

It comes as employers face mass absences due to the rapid spread of the Omicron variant.

Unvaccinated workers at the retailer who test positive are still being paid in full for the time they need off. Next currently pays store sales consultants and stock assistants between £6.55 and £9.21 an hour and warehouse operatives between £9.30 and £11.26 an hour.

But unvaccinated workers who are required to isolate having been identified as a close contact of someone with Covid could now receive as little as £96.35 a week - the Statutory Sick Pay minimum - unless there are mitigating circumstances.

Scumbag move from next...so you get punished for being pinged rather than specifically being unvaccinated but that's even less of a persons fault. I'd be more okay with them cutting pay for unvaccinated people who test positive themselves, although that's still disgusting.

All this will do is encourage people to ignore the pings and keep going to work.

Several companies in America are sacking unvaccinated staff. They're using the 'government contracts' law that Biden passed to say any company with government contracts must have fully vaccinated staff.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:34 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Santi wrote:

Several companies in America are sacking unvaccinated staff. They're using the 'government contracts' law that Biden passed to say any company with government contracts must have fully vaccinated staff.

Murder rate has doubled in New York since the pandemic and they have the vaccine mandate there. Hearing a lot about fraud and robberies too. It's all connected.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:51 pm

Can't believe people have been sold the idea that forcing vaccinations on other human beings through social exclusion is a good idea. It's absolutely horrendous.
Sign of the times, I guess, with some individuals seeming to believe that others are responsible for their own safety.

I'll say the same as a year ago. If you are really worried to the point that you fear for your safety, get your vaccines if it makes you feel better, wear a mask (or more... full protective Hazmat suits are now quite cheap on Amazon) if you go out, or isolate yourself at home and don't go out. The options and decisions to keep you safe are ALL yours. No one else has to do anything for you. Personal responsibility. Leave other people alone to make their own choices.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:45 pm

Reiss wrote:I saw an interesting debate online earlier. People seem to be randomly collapsing at football matches every week now, is it linked to COVID vaccines?

I'm vaccinated btw but an interesting thought.

I know someone who works at Arsenal.

It's always happened at all football grounds.

More to do with alcohol, cold weather, over-excitement or some altercation or other. Nothing to do with Covid.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:47 pm

Reiss wrote:I saw an interesting debate online earlier. People seem to be randomly collapsing at football matches every week now, is it linked to COVID vaccines?

I'm vaccinated btw but an interesting thought.

Doubt it
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:37 am

Watch anti-vaxxer cognitive dissonance in real time:

Joe Rogan spouts misinformation about the vaccine

The guest corrects him.

He gets into an argument and asks his producer to pull up data.

As soon as the he sees the data doesn't align with his position, he immediately jumps to rejecting the data and to giving reasons why it could be faulty, even though he was the one who asked for it and picked the source.

This video is the definition of cognitive bias, motivated reasoning and cognitive dissonance.

This exact same phenomenon will happen with this post and the anti-vaxx people in this thread. Just like Joe Rogan, you will be confronted with something that runs contrary to what you believe in, and you will find a way to dismiss it, even though It's the obvious truth.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:04 am

Did Rogan really just bring up VAERS like it means anything?

ffs some dildo can go on there right now and submit a report that their aunt died three days after getting her shingles shot. (But what really happened is she got T-boned on her driver's side and died at the scene.)

I'm not saying every report is misleading, fake, or biased, but it's all submitted unverified, so to use VAERS as evidence or proof without sifting through the reports and vetting them is grasping at straws to soothe your own confirmation biases.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:30 pm

Jedi wrote:Watch anti-vaxxer cognitive dissonance in real time:

Joe Rogan spouts misinformation about the vaccine

The guest corrects him.

He gets into an argument and asks his producer to pull up data.

As soon as the he sees the data doesn't align with his position, he immediately jumps to rejecting the data and to giving reasons why it could be faulty, even though he was the one who asked for it and picked the source.

This video is the definition of cognitive bias, motivated reasoning and cognitive dissonance.

This exact same phenomenon will happen with this post and the anti-vaxx people in this thread. Just like Joe Rogan, you will be confronted with something that runs contrary to what you believe in, and you will find a way to dismiss it, even though It's the obvious truth.

So what?

Who's taking Joe Rogan's "opinion" as scientific fact? stop making a fool of yourself.

You keep on with this line about people possibly like me etc "All you do is listen to people like Joe Rogan" which is just plain untrue.

Joe Rogan is a comedian with a podcast .......... why would I or anyone else for that matter take medical advice from him? however he is allowed to have an opinion, as do we all.

Your bit in red is just a rant of a desperate man who keeps trying to pigeon hole the argument as Anti-vaxx vs Vaxxers like a moron.
How many times do you need to be told, there are no anti-vax people here and half of those you consider "anti-vax" have all made the decision to get the vaccine showing that your stance is indeed BS.

I'll say this again, I know people having their own minds drives you absolutely insane as you yearn for a lemming state like Soviet Russia but just let it go.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:38 pm

This is absolutely hilarious watching these shows try to toe the party line against medical professionals, the second one in the last few weeks, Dr's are coming out in their droves to shoot down the false narrative that everyone should be mandated to have a vaccine and the establishment can't stand it, gets in the way of the $$$$ doesn't it.

This is why we need a strong middle class, these Dr's are literally telling the Gov't that they will quit rather than lose their constitutional rights ....... Dr's on £70k a year and who can just go get hired in the Private sector can afford to do that, its the poorer folk who can't afford to fight for their rights and have to just fall in line, same reason that we get abused by the police and Judicary system, we can't afford the legal expertise the Middle class can.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:52 pm

Phil71 wrote:Several companies in America are sacking unvaccinated staff. They're using the 'government contracts' law that Biden passed to say any company with government contracts must have fully vaccinated staff.

You mean that law Biden passed which is now being reversed by the Supreme Court after Ben Shapiro and his legal team took it to the highest Judges in America?

If your not catching on to the vandalism of our civil rights that these Gov'ts are attempting on the eve of a technological shift that the world is going to go through in 8 years then I don't know what to tell you.

Using a pandemic of what is essentially a type of flu to destroy our civil liberties is no different to what Hitler did when he used an act of terrorism to become the dictator of Germany.

You can be for vaccinations till the cows come home, but to side with our societies rights being trampled on is disgusting and anyone who does is a scum bag facist or a communist.

When Judges are reversing acts passed by a crooked President working for the interests of his corporate pay masters then you know somethings wrong.

Thank goodness the Judicary can still be relied upon as our last vestage of protection against tyranny ....... as LMAO likes to call it "Checks and balances".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 93696.html

"The first time in history that we are blaming the ineffectiveness of a medicine on those who haven't taken it" - Dr Robert Malone, Inventor of mRNA- Tech.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Several companies in America are sacking unvaccinated staff. They're using the 'government contracts' law that Biden passed to say any company with government contracts must have fully vaccinated staff.

You mean that law Biden passed which is now being reversed by the Supreme Court after Ben Shapiro and his legal team took it to the highest Judges in America?

If your not catching on to the vandalism of our civil rights that these Gov'ts are attempting on the eve of a technological shift that the world is going to go through in 8 years then I don't know what to tell you.

Using a pandemic of what is essentially a type of flu to destroy our civil liberties is no different to what Hitler did when he used an act of terrorism to become the dictator of Germany.

You can be for vaccinations till the cows come home, but to side with our societies rights being trampled on is disgusting and anyone who does is a scum bag facist or a communist.

When Judges are reversing acts passed by a crooked President working for the interests of his corporate pay masters then you know somethings wrong.

Thank goodness the Judicary can still be relied upon as our last vestage of protection against tyranny ....... as LMAO likes to call it "Checks and balances".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 93696.html

I don't agree with this sort of tyrrany.

I'm very pro vaccine because I strongly believe it works (at least to protect the direct recipient) and I'm very ant conspiracy nuts who put people off getting it.

As for sacking people for not getting it... no I don't like that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee