Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:36 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:If I was to make the decision I'd give strong advice to those who might be deemed vulnerable to isolate themselves, and I'd let everyone else do what they like.

We can't be locking down 20,000 people to save one life. Too many people's jobs and income are at stake.

That's what I'm saying.

Its not saying F U to the elderly and vulnerable, its saying if your not safe then stay in and be safe.

Same advice as you'd give to someone with asthma about smoking, don't do what can clearly harm you.

As stated the rest of us still have mortgages / rent to pay and the world is still turning.

But....

That only really works for vulnerable people who live alone. Most do not live alone, and if the people they live with are not locked down then they are at the same risk as if they were out and about themselves

I would suggest offering to pay hotel bills for vulnerable people so they can self isolate. Block book every bloody travelodge and similar in the country. Pay the hotel £40 pppn, thats £1200 a month. Expensive, but much cheaper than furlough and we can get the economy back up

People can take precautions at home. Clean everything twice a day with anti bac. Wash your hands and put alcohol gel on them all day. Wear masks even. Have the vulnerable isolate in a bedroom.

What we can't afford to do is lock the country down again.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:38 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:If I was to make the decision I'd give strong advice to those who might be deemed vulnerable to isolate themselves, and I'd let everyone else do what they like.

We can't be locking down 20,000 people to save one life. Too many people's jobs and income are at stake.

That's what I'm saying.

Its not saying F U to the elderly and vulnerable, its saying if your not safe then stay in and be safe.

Same advice as you'd give to someone with asthma about smoking, don't do what can clearly harm you.

As stated the rest of us still have mortgages / rent to pay and the world is still turning.

But....

That only really works for vulnerable people who live alone. Most do not live alone, and if the people they live with are not locked down then they are at the same risk as if they were out and about themselves

I would suggest offering to pay hotel bills for vulnerable people so they can self isolate. Block book every bloody travelodge and similar in the country. Pay the hotel £40 pppn, thats £1200 a month. Expensive, but much cheaper than furlough and we can get the economy back up

People can take precautions at home. Clean everything twice a day with anti bac. Wash your hands and put alcohol gel on them all day. Wear masks even. Have the vulnerable isolate in a bedroom.

Great.

What if you dont have a spare room?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:42 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

That's what I'm saying.

But....

Great.

Then those living with them have to take the extra precautions. Or even isolate too. There were plenty of couples self isolating during the last lockdown because one of them was vulnerable.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:49 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

That's what I'm saying.

But....

Great.

Then those living with them have to take the extra precautions. Or even isolate too. There were plenty of couples self isolating during the last lockdown because one of them was vulnerable.

OK, that means kids cant go to school if they live in the same house as well.

We're now up to about a third of the population back in isolation under your proposal with all that means for job security and the economy.

Or we could put the vulnerable up in hotels, ideally until a vaccine is ready, pay the bill, and the rest of us can get back to near normal.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Callum » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:15 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

That's what I'm saying.

But....

Great.

pull up your bootstraps and get richer obviously
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:35 am

Its all tough choices but there are systems and ideas to be put in place to help the vulnerable, where as continuing to decimate the global economy will get to a point where it isn't a choice.

Honestly places like Nightclubs, Cinemas etc I don't know how especially the former will recover from this, the back payments they must owe already would be staggering, now with a 2nd mini lockdown just when they saw other parts of the entertainment and hospitality industry open for business must be tough.

I honestly think the densely packed beachs (staycations), Eat out to help out and the constant weekly hundreds or even thousands of people protesting has been a complete farce.

We've undone any good will we did during the Lockdown with the above, its put more people in direct close contact than in a normal year, restaurants never had ques outside, beaches never so packed and never so many protests in a year, I don't even think Brexit had this many in such a short space of time.

I still stand by that Eat out to help out could of been offered on delivery as well making the restaurants the same money just without the packed houses and ques which encouraged same air space gatherings that were abnormal even on a normal busy night, we could of been enjoying it from the distances of our own homes.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:14 am

UFGN wrote:But....

You can't just make stuff up and then expect the forum to believe you ... in Europe over 70% of over 60's either live alone or as a couple ... only 16% live in extended families. The problem with the media in the UK is they just lie all the time and in the end everyone believes them, why did you have this information so wrong, my guess is you got it from the media.

EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Not another lockdown but the stupidity of people will ensure its coming
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jedi » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:20 pm

No fans from October. RIP Arsenal budget.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Sims » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:21 pm

The government have been trying to get people out of the homes for about 2 months; telling people to go back to the offices to buy sandwiches from pret and the eat out to help out scheme

Now they’re gonna put all the blame on the public rather than their own stupid shit they’ve pulled during this whole pandemic
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Could go on for years, does everyone just stop living
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Callum » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Sims wrote:The government have been trying to get people out of the homes for about 2 months; telling people to go back to the offices to buy sandwiches from pret and the eat out to help out scheme

Now they’re gonna put all the blame on the public rather than their own stupid shit they’ve pulled during this whole pandemic

They've done this from start to finish. Genuinely shameful from this shambolic government.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:11 pm

Sims wrote:The government have been trying to get people out of the homes for about 2 months; telling people to go back to the offices to buy sandwiches from pret and the eat out to help out scheme

Exactly.

Bunch of haphazard c*nts, 6 month lock down as well.

For a fkin virus which is 95% + non lethal, Gov't are going on like this is the Black death plague.

I mean where's the common sense in shutting bars at 10pm? does the virus have a watch or something? I barely even go out any more, I used to go out every week, table service is BS.

They better not shut the gyms again that's all I can say.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:35 pm

CBA to go back and look at the exact messaging but pretty sure the only economy stimulus scheme theyve done at a joe bloggs level is the eat out to help out scheme, targeted at getting the economy moving slowly. They've encouraged you to go back if you want to and need to afaik.

Can't blame the gov for all these twats who don't follow the rules and wear a f***ing mask. London tube is 50% mask everytime i've been on it despite the rule saying YOU MUST WEAR A MASK ON ALL TFL TRANSPORT.

Sure give the gov some stick for their overall handling but we have probably the biggest proportion of thick cuunts compared to any country in the world.

UK is a shithole anyway n I cant wait to get out.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Apart from in shops I hardly see anyone wear masks
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee