Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:47 am

I think most of them are fine and do a great job under very difficult conditions. I wouldn't fancy driving alone in a patrol car in some areas over there.

The other and most obvious issue is the number of guns that there are in general circulation. To be a police officer in those circumstances isn't an attractive proposition.

Four officers are killed in the line of duty every week in America.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Fri May 29, 2020 6:59 am

Phil71 wrote:I think most of them are fine and do a great job under very difficult conditions. I wouldn't fancy driving alone in a patrol car in some areas over there.

The other and most obvious issue is the number of guns that there are in general circulation. To be a police officer in those circumstances isn't an attractive proposition.

19 people are killed by police gunfire every week in America.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:22 am

LMAO wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I think most of them are fine and do a great job under very difficult conditions. I wouldn't fancy driving alone in a patrol car in some areas over there.

To put it all into context, there are around 700 gunfire-related deaths every week in America.

They are incredible statistics for someone in the UK like me to comprehend.

And it's primarily down to one thing. Too many guns.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 29, 2020 10:27 am

Phil whilst I accept what you are saying the argument that its a dangerous job cuts no ice with me especially with the deaths that we are concerned about. The murdered people posed no threat to the police, the deaths were unlawful, unnecessary and purely the actions of policemen/women that think they are not accountable to anyone.

Take that Police woman that killed the black guy IN HIS OWN HOUSE because she thought she was in her house and he was a burglar. Has there been a worse excuse in the history of bad excuses ?!!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:58 am

theHotHead wrote:Phil whilst I accept what you are saying the argument that its a dangerous job cuts no ice with me especially with the deaths that we are concerned about. The murdered people posed no threat to the police, the deaths were unlawful, unnecessary and purely the actions of policemen/women that think they are not accountable to anyone.

Take that Police woman that killed the black guy IN HIS OWN HOUSE because she thought she was in her house and he was a burglar. Has there been a worse excuse in the history of bad excuses ?!!!

Yeah of course in some cases there are no excuses. But I must disagree that the danger in the job is no excuse. When you are policing a country where there are four hundred million guns, and one hundred people getting shot dead every day, you will definitely be ready to draw that gun at all times if you value your life. And sometimes that ends badly.

I don't envy them.

But there have been more than a few killings not involving guns - usually beatings or heavy handed restraint holds that take place after the suspect has already been somewhat subdued. Like this most recent one. And there really is no excuse for that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 29, 2020 12:03 pm

But the incidents we are talking about there was no immediate threat, so there was no need for a gun to be drawn. If you are so on edge as a policeman/woman and are unable to determine a credible threat from one that is not then you should change jobs right now, cos you are not fit to do the job.

A man was shot in the back by the police - running away from them, the policeman that shot him is a w***er and a coward, there was no threat but he thought he was above any police guidance and rules and certainly above the law.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:10 pm

theHotHead wrote:But the incidents we are talking about there was no immediate threat, so there was no need for a gun to be drawn. If you are so on edge as a policeman/woman and are unable to determine a credible threat from one that is not then you should change jobs right now, cos you are not fit to do the job.

A man was shot in the back by the police - running away from them, the policeman that shot him is a w***er and a coward, there was no threat but he thought he was above any police guidance and rules and certainly above the law.

I must have edited my post to add the last paragraph as you were typing.

Yeah there is no excuse for shooting someone in the back. Thankfully they seem to be using tasers a lot more, so that might reduce the number of gun deaths.

But they have to remain professional at all times, and exercise the right amount of force when restraining people.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Fri May 29, 2020 1:43 pm

South Korean schools shut again due to rise of cases once more.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 29, 2020 7:26 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Phil whilst I accept what you are saying the argument that its a dangerous job cuts no ice with me especially with the deaths that we are concerned about. The murdered people posed no threat to the police, the deaths were unlawful, unnecessary and purely the actions of policemen/women that think they are not accountable to anyone.

Yeah of course in some cases there are no excuses. But I must disagree that the danger in the job is no excuse. When you are policing a country where there are four hundred million guns, and one hundred people getting shot dead every day, you will definitely be ready to draw that gun at all times if you value your life. And sometimes that ends badly.

I don't envy them.

But there have been more than a few killings not involving guns - usually beatings or heavy handed restraint holds that take place after the suspect has already been somewhat subdued. Like this most recent one. And there really is no excuse for that.

That's what I said in my earlier post.

The fact that the American police deal with an armed population means they are from default given a higher allowance on aggression than in Europe where 99% of people are expected to be unarmed.

But unfortunately that leeway has resulted in an over excessive policing of the general populace in the US.
Have you seen the way some cops even do traffic stops in America? "Put your hands on the wheel!! get out of the car now!! keep your hands where I can see em (gun drawn), "Get over to the hood, arms out".

............ and that's for a fkin traffic stop.

Can you imagine that in England?

The excuse is always "Well we don't know if their armed".

........... but this guy, this latest case, that mther fker has no excuse at all, outright murder and its in the interest of every American citizen, colour regardless that law be enforced on that ex officer for the sake of everybody, because if he gets away with that then everyone is in danger.

That's Nazi police state actions right there.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Fri May 29, 2020 7:35 pm

I known case in NZ and no one in hospital time here to open the country internally
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:14 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I don't envy them.

The fact that the American police deal with an armed population means they are from default given a higher allowance on aggression than in Europe where 99% of people are expected to be unarmed.

But unfortunately that leeway has resulted in an over excessive policing of the general populace in the US.
Have you seen the way some cops even do traffic stops in America? "Put your hands on the wheel!! get out of the car now!! keep your hands where I can see em (gun drawn), "Get over to the hood, arms out".

........... but this guy, this latest case, that mther fker has no excuse at all, outright murder and its in the interest of every American citizen, colour regardless that law be enforced on that ex officer for the sake of everybody, because if he gets away with that then everyone is in danger.

It's a whole different kettle of fish over there. That traffic stop procedure isn't always followed. I think it's only when they suspect the person might be armed. You don't want to walk up to the side of a vehicle and get shot.

The cop has now been charged with murder. Good. Let justice take its course.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Sat May 30, 2020 3:30 am

Phil71 wrote:
LMAO wrote:

To put it all into context, there are around 700 gunfire-related deaths every week in America.

They are incredible statistics for someone in the UK like me to comprehend.

And it's primarily down to one thing. Too many guns.

Make you wonder why America is so intent on conflict all over the world.
Simply Americans kill more Americans than any other terrorist or Nation but hey they have to find a way to justify their Arms spend, cant all be funded by selling their old Arms to countries to then later fight
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat May 30, 2020 3:37 pm

At least with all the yanks going mental we can look back in 3 weeks and see what impact it has on coronavirus. Hopefully won't be any jumps and would be a good indication of where it's at.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:42 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I don't envy them.

You are posting like an uninformed BBC media parrot. Look a bit deeper and understand where and who is causing the violence. Gangs and thugs in liberal run, corrupt inner cities killing each other. These places have been funded to the max, every civil rights law passed but to be brutally honest the issue is no family structure and race baiting politicians. Those are illegal guns in "gun free" cities. If you don't understand the threat that cops face in those areas then wake up. Black LIves Matter is demanding no cops, yet the vast majority of residents want more law enforcement. So lets try no policing in those areas. Right and who suffers? Minority citizens. BTW, most police shootings in black areas such as South Chicago and Baltimore are by black cops. This is ignored by the media. I got a ticket for speeding last week..the deputy was cordial as always. Stop with the generalizations. The vast majority of guns in America are owned by law abiding citizens. We hunt, we shoot at ranges for fun. You only see one side in the UK media, and in the US media as well.

Nazi police state? An idiotic and quite ignorant statement. FFS, British cops are far more crooked than most places I have lived. Tottenham riots ring a bell?????? Remember what Brixton was like before gentrification? You been to any council estate in S London? You missed the stabbings in London that resulted in a higher violent crime rate than NYC? Why are UK police armed now? Because the the same liberal policies are in place and have been for decades.

I can tell you straight up Briton is far more racist than America. We never have racial abuse at sports events. That cop who killed George Flynn was white and will be convicted as he should, but the others who responded were Asian, Hispanic and Black. It was police brutally straight up and they will pay.

We need
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:24 am

I don't think I've ever read so much BS in my life .............

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:You are posting like an uninformed BBC media parrot. Look a bit deeper and understand where and who is causing the violence. Gangs and thugs in liberal run, corrupt inner cities killing each other. These places have been funded to the max, every civil rights law passed but to be brutally honest the issue is no family structure and race baiting politicians. Those are illegal guns in "gun free" cities. If you don't understand the threat that cops face in those areas then wake up.

What has any of that got to do with Police brutality on law abiding citizens, I've seen the Youtube videos, we're not talking about gangs or "thugs" we're talking about citizens in general.
You've said fk all to retort my statement that American police aggression seems to stem from their preparation to police an armed populace, you state that "people that legally own guns are law abiding" then in the next sentence state how dangerous guns are in the Cities.
It doesn't matter whether the guns are legal or not legal, the issue is that guns in general are to easily obtained in the US because the US sells arms to its citizens and so its a "gun" nation.
The police all carry firearms because of this and are more aggressive because of this!

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Nazi police state? An idiotic and quite ignorant statement. FFS, British cops are far more crooked than most places I have lived. Tottenham riots ring a bell?????? Remember what Brixton was like before gentrification? You been to any council estate in S London? You missed the stabbings in London that resulted in a higher violent crime rate than NYC? Why are UK police armed now? Because the the same liberal policies are in place and have been for decades.

Again, talking out of your fkin ass, "You been to a council estate in London?" urhhm maybe considering I grew up on one for over a decade in Hackney, I think that qualifies. :dontknow:
In the UK we do not have Policeman killing citizens on a regular basis, especially citizens who have barely broken the law if at all.
The Tottenham riots were because of a drug dealer who was shot ........ he was being ambushed by armed police, hardly the same as a man in cuffs already detained who had done nothing more than used a forged cheque.

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:I can tell you straight up Briton is far more racist than America. We never have racial abuse at sports events. That cop who killed George Flynn was white and will be convicted as he should, but the others who responded were Asian, Hispanic and Black. It was police brutally straight up and they will pay.

........... possibly the dumbest thing I've heard all year, I'm not even sure if I should respond.

Britain more racist than America!!! ........... :rofll:

Slavery says hi, so does the KKK and lynchings, so does police brutality and killings of black men, Emmett till, Rodney King disagrees with you.

When ever in England's history has anything like the Emmett Till incident happened? when ever in England has a group of white guys tied a black man to a Pick up truck and drove around till he died of being mangled to death? when was England ever so bad that black people had to form the Black Panthers? when ever in England did people hunt down and hang black people from trees wearing white hoods and gowns?

Britain ended slavery 30 years before America and America had segregated schools and public places till the 1960's ffs, your post is a fkin joke.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee