Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:41 am

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Those reporters who were jostling outside his house....

Social distancing?

Is that a thing? I thought we were supposed to do as Cummings did and spread it as much as possible?

But they were there to get high & mighty about him not following the guidelines...

I find myself unable to give a shit about a guy who drove his car not harming anyone a few times during lockdown. Is this what we have come to? Baying for blood like a bloodthirsty horde over some bullshit?!!!

They won't stop going on about it on the news.

It's so f***ing boring.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Thu May 28, 2020 7:06 am

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Those reporters who were jostling outside his house....

Social distancing?

Is that a thing? I thought we were supposed to do as Cummings did and spread it as much as possible?

But they were there to get high & mighty about him not following the guidelines...

I find myself unable to give a shit about a guy who drove his car not harming anyone a few times during lockdown. Is this what we have come to? Baying for blood like a bloodthirsty horde over some bullshit?!!!

They won't stop going on about it on the news.

It's so f***ing boring.

I could be wrong but what I understand about this situation is,
A man (removing the political aspect) drove his children to another region when his spouse was showing sign of having covid now this is my stance as a PARENT I would do anything in the protection of my children, get over it he probably took his children to his only safe option ?
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Thu May 28, 2020 9:55 am

He broke the rules his own bosses set. Plus he sounds like a c***
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu May 28, 2020 9:56 am

I think the bigger problems is the way he lied about what hes done. If he admitted he got it wrong trying to do the right thing then it probably would of gone away. If it happened last week it's all different as well. The problem is that it happened during the peak.

As a parent I wouldn't put my child in the car and go for a drive to see if I can drive. Funny how it happened to be his wifes birthday aint it. Huge coincidence he comes up with that kind of story on his wifes birthday while they drive a 60 mile round trip to Barnard Castle.

He's made an absolute mess these last few days and should of just been truthful at the start.

Others got fined for the same shit. They need refunding.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Thu May 28, 2020 10:18 am

Yorkyblue wrote:I think the bigger problems is the way he lied about what hes done. If he admitted he got it wrong trying to do the right thing then it probably would of gone away. If it happened last week it's all different as well. The problem is that it happened during the peak.

As a parent I wouldn't put my child in the car and go for a drive to see if I can drive. Funny how it happened to be his wifes birthday aint it. Huge coincidence he comes up with that kind of story on his wifes birthday while they drive a 60 mile round trip to Barnard Castle.

He's made an absolute mess these last few days and should of just been truthful at the start.

Others got fined for the same shit. They need refunding.

I dont know specific details, but to me if driving his kid in a car was the only option he thought would have a possitive outcome, then I would take that all day long no matter how long the drive. I do question however that if his wife was indeed possitive being in a confined place (the car) with the person who is closest to that person is not probably the smartest move.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Thu May 28, 2020 10:32 am

only bootlickers defend that freakish looking oddball
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:47 pm

Who's boots are they licking?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Thu May 28, 2020 1:19 pm

I just thank God America exists or we'd have the worst government of all time
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 28, 2020 1:25 pm

There are worse places to live than the UK and America.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 28, 2020 1:43 pm

Our Govt is horrible, but I doubt it's the worst. Definitely not worse then one of those crazy Theocracies where they kill people for not believing in fairytales, or where they suppress women daily. I'd much rather live here, and I'm sure most people would.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 28, 2020 2:11 pm

But seriously, what the f**k is going on in America with all these killings of black people by the police ? I would have thought by now that shit would be sorted but it seems to be getting worse. When I was growing up I thought we had it hard in the UK as black males but I see that, actually, the British cops as bad as they can be at times (which actually isn't that bad at all) are nothing.

Especially when I consider how cheeky I am to them and they don't do f**k all .......
Last edited by theHotHead on Thu May 28, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Ach wrote:I just thank God America exists or we'd have the worst government of all time

How ??? How are the UK and US governments even on your list of slightly bad governments, compared to the many car-crash governments that there are out there ??
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 28, 2020 2:18 pm

theHotHead wrote:But seriously, what the f**k is going on in America with all these killings of black people by the police ? I would have thought by now that shit would be sorted but it seems to be getting worse. When I was growing up I thought we had it hard in the UK as black males but I see that, actually, the British cops as bad as they can be at times (which actually isn't that bad at all) are nothing.

Especially when I consider how cheeky I am to them and they don't do f**k all .......

White leaders/politicians and white athletes/celebrities need to stand up and be more vocal about it. Just imagine if Tom Brady took a knee during the anthem in support of the social injustices. I know other white athletes supported Kapernick, but we need the Tom Brady's of the world to take a stand somewhere. I know that isn't the answer to all of this, but it's a start.

I'm not shocked at all that there is still such blatant racism here, but I am shocked at how idiotic these cops are now days. They are still doing this shit, knowing that everything they do is being filmed. :doh:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:31 pm

More white people are killed by law enforcement in America every year than black people.

Yes it's disproportionate, but so is the number of crimes committed by black males. That in fact is far more disproportionate than the deaths by law enforcement. Yes there may be reasons for that but until they are resolved those responsible for enforcing the law have to deal with what they have at hand.

But I will add that I think too many police officers in America are far too heavy handed in the way they go about their job. With everyone. White and black.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Phil71 wrote:More white people are killed by law enforcement in America every year than black people.

Yes it's disproportionate, but so is the number of crimes committed by black males. That in fact is far more disproportionate than the deaths by law enforcement. Yes there may be reasons for that but until they are resolved those responsible for enforcing the law have to deal with what they have at hand.

But I will add that I think too many police officers in America are far too heavy handed in the way they go about their job. With everyone. White and black.

Very disproportionate, because if you break down the math and compare it to how many white people there are here, to how many black people there are, and then show the percentages, black people are still getting killed more percentage wise, based off of population.

The black community does have an issue with crime in our inner cities here, and I'm not justifying it, but when you're born into horrible conditions through years of oppression and systematic racism, then what do you expect to happen. If the roles were reversed and it was white people born into these situations I'm sure we would have a problem with white crime as well.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee