Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Grab a chair, open a beer, and chat away! In Tribute to Drama, SE13, and Fabrestuta. R.I.P.

Which one did you get?

Pfizer-BioNTech
32%
Moderna
15%
Janssen (J&J)
6%
Oxford-AstraZeneca
29%
Sinopharm/Sinovac
No votes
Sputnik-V
No votes
Not vaccinated yet
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:09 pm

Those reporters who were jostling outside his house....

Social distancing?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon May 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Phil71 wrote:Those reporters who were jostling outside his house....

Social distancing?

Is that a thing? I thought we were supposed to do as Cummings did and spread it as much as possible?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

Social distancing?

Is that a thing? I thought we were supposed to do as Cummings did and spread it as much as possible?

But they were there to get high & mighty about him not following the guidelines...
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Mon May 25, 2020 5:19 pm

Never heard of this guy before all this. Seems like a right t**t.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon May 25, 2020 5:33 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Social distancing?

But they were there to get high & mighty about him not following the guidelines...

But if he couldn't follow the ones he made then why should they feel the need to. Its much worse what he did compared to them who probably all work close together everyday anyway.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:40 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Social distancing?

But if he couldn't follow the ones he made then why should they feel the need to. Its much worse what he did compared to them who probably all work close together everyday anyway.

Oh right.

So if I spit on the floor and you come round to remonstrate with me about it, it's fine for you to spit on the floor while you're there because I did?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon May 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Social distancing?

Oh right.

So if I spit on the floor and you come round to remonstrate with me about it, it's fine for you to spit on the floor while you're there because I did?

Bit confused by your point. I'm not one to spit but people spit on the floor all the time?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby dc16 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:43 pm

Ach wrote:Never heard of this guy before all this. Seems like a right t**t.

Breaking lockdown is a drop in the ocean compared to the other things he is accused of. Being involved in a scheme to rig the Brexit election results in the UK probably being at the top.

Either way that was deeply uncomfortable to watch. What chance do they have of enforcing any further lockdown restrictions if needed after this? :dontknow:
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Social distancing?

Oh right.

Bit confused by your point. I'm not one to spit but people spit on the floor all the time?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Mon May 25, 2020 6:27 pm

So non essential retail outlets to open on June 15.

In other news, if my wife gets her visa and travels here within the next few weeks or so, I assume she'll have to go in to quarantine. Where? Or do I keep her locked up in a room at my house for 2 weeks?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon May 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Ach wrote:So non essential retail outlets to open on June 15.

In other news, if my wife gets her visa and travels here within the next few weeks or so, I assume she'll have to go in to quarantine. Where? Or do I keep her locked up in a room at my house for 2 weeks?

Sounds like a fun two weeks if you lock down together!

Wear a mask or a nurses uniform if you are into that sort of thing... :lol:
Last edited by Pat Rice in Short Shorts on Mon May 25, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon May 25, 2020 7:34 pm

Having no clue who Cummings is, the whole thing seems very neo British. Worry about small shit led by the rags to create a tempest in a teapot.

Who cares if the man took his family to a farm via car while lorries are moving all over ? The righteous indignation is over the top as are most issues the British press globs onto. Flamini has a pulled groin...Arsenal in crisis!!!!

In NYC...you can go the beach but will be arrested for swimming. You can play tennis but only singles and you must only touch your own balls. In Michigan the governor who allowed canoes but not motorized boats lifted that ban...then her husband calls the marina and tells them he needs his boat out of storage ASAP. When told he was about three weeks in line he pulls "I am married to the governor...does that make a difference?" The marina owner says yes...you are now at the very end of the line. :clap: And life keeps getting more bizarre by the hour.

What I am awaiting now is an order from say Newsom in CA that you will be ticketed for driving in a carpool lane with someone else in the car. That is how insane it is becoming I fear.

Our state is open for business on June 1 for tourists. Will there be a spike? Perhaps. We shall see but somehow I suspect the doom and gloom predictors will be wrong as they were about Florida and GA.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby alexafc12 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:14 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:

Just keep her her in the box for a few days before inflating her
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon May 25, 2020 10:28 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:

Just keep her her in the box for a few days before inflating her

Now that there is some harsh stuff!

I really hate that stale plastic taste.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon May 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Another Remdesivir study of 1000 patients in Kentucky was released. 31% decrease in mortality which is damned good in my book. The biggest side effect is for those with existing kidney or liver problems which is the case for many drugs.

A 2500 patient hydroxychloroquine test in France had a 92% RECOVERY rate of highly affected and after 10 days the live virus disapeared in every case (but ten folks died from ongoing pulmonary failure), a mortality rate of < 3% for those over 70 and an overall mortality rate of < .05%...and it is showing prophylactic properties.

Baricitinib was ID's by an AI company in London and is being used as well. HIV drugs are being recycled and used in new ways.

Nothing concrete yet but we are going to have a vaccine and approved drugs sooner than many were predicting...(I predict!). A cure? If that happens it would open up all sorts of medical advancement.

This study was not randomized, but others that are show similar results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy1cPT1ztko&t=123s

This NY doc has a decent and balanced take on all this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsgGvHUTH6A
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Harambee